PREVIEW: No. 4/5 Lady Bears Take on No. 18/19 South Carolina

1,349 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Chibears2
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Eball
Really looking forward to this game! anyone got an update on DeCosta?
longtimebear
To me the keys to this game are:
1. Can Kalani establish her dominance and stay out of early foul trouble.
2. Will our youth be intimidated by the huge Gamecock crowd.

I think I heard that Carolina has 4 or 5 redshirt seniors. How good they are I don't know but
this will be a big test for us. It won't surprise me if we don't survive this one. The Lady Bears still haven't
gelled together yet. Can our talent alone be enough ? We will see.
mimi25408
All I know is she was cleared Monday and practiced with the team yesterday. Let's hope Kim let's her play.
geewago
DeCosta looked very good in practice when I saw her. She looked superb in some of the HS videos. And....she was.....the #1 recruit in the nation ...according to prospect nation.

She was #1, Smith was #3 and Grayson was #5. PN had Grayson ranked as the #! PG in the nation. Did they classify her wrong? If not, how many times does a team get a #! PG and not play her in that position? Especially when they need one desperately. It's kind of a mystery to me. Not a complaint, just a curiosity.
mimi25408
A agree Geewago!! She has a really nice shot and is not scared to catch and shoot. I'm very surprised Kim has not played her more for backup point guard. I just dont understand the need for even considering didi at point guard when you have an all America point guard on your bench. Honesty should be in the regular point guard rotation. She needs the experience incase our starting five collapses during the ncaa tournament. I really hope she can get more exposure.
Chibears2
I would imagine the situation with Honesty has more to do with defense than any lack of offensive skills. Plus, don't want to have Honesty have her confidence damaged. Also, prob needs time to learn how Kim "interacts" with her point guards. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see her begin to get worked in later in season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.