Why isn't Charli Collier playing??

3,843 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HoustonBear15
Onward Go
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm watching UT v. MsSt and can't figure out why Charli Collier is on the bench. MsSt is dominating the paint with Tiera McCowan, Anrieal Howard and Anriel's eyelashes. With all of Texas' post injuries, why doesn't Aston have her star recruit playing?
Hairy Bear
MSU 20 to 9 over the horns, not good.
Onward Go
Horns look bad. Completely outclassed. And once Collier went in, you gotta wonder why she was ranked higher as a recruit than either Queen or Nalyssa. Brock's coaching is already showing a big distinction with our freshmen.
HoustonBear15
It seems like Aston is always hesitant to give her freshmen valuable minutes. I don't see Collier evolving and growing at Texas. She should look much better than she has this season.

I wish the matchups would've been Miss St vs Baylor and Texas vs South Carolina. Those would have been better games.
jdrs
Wow. I just turned it on and UT is down 20 points in the 3rd quarter.
Hairy Bear
Karen did not schedule as tough an OOC schedule as usual, maybe she realized that this year's team would need some development to be ready for conference. Sutton looks pretty good and White is a good player. Lots of talent, team will develop up.
WestTexSand
Meanwhile, in Stillwater, Tennessee Lady Vols defeat the OSU Cowgirls to remain unbeaten. OSU surged in Q2 and rocked TN for a while, but the second half was all Lady Vols. Cowgirls have shooters, though they will not be easy games during Big 12 play.
whitetrash
Also, UConn goes into South Bend and blows out #1 NOtre Dame.
57Bear
whitetrash said:

Also, UConn goes into South Bend and blows out #1 NOtre Dame.
Freshman Christyn Williams had 28 points.
Florda_mike
HoustonBear15 said:

I wish the matchups would've been Miss St vs Baylor and Texas vs South Carolina. Those would have been better games.

^^^ This!

Florda_mike
Hairy Bear said:

Karen did not schedule as tough an OOC schedule as usual, maybe she realized that this year's team would need some development to be ready for conference. Sutton looks pretty good and White is a good player. Lots of talent, team will develop up.

Nope big injuries already at UT to big and guard, arguably 2 top players, has decimated them

They're 25-30 point win without them. Iowa St may be better
Chibears2
That UConn game was not blowout until 4thQ. Pretty competitive. Ogunbowale and Geno had a little dust up during game and O got t'ed up. Pretty intense game between #1 and #2. UConn's freshman Christyn Williams was awesome. Fearless, she was. Going to have to find a way to minimize her without letting Samuelson or Collier go off...
Bone Squad
Quote:

Quote:

once Collier went in, you gotta wonder why she was ranked higher as a recruit than either Queen or Nalyssa.
Quote:

I don't see Collier evolving and growing at Texas. She should look much better than she has this season.
These judgments seem premature to me. Remember Lauren Cox's freshman year? Or how Mompremier outplayed Kalani in their first year? Time will tell, and by that I mean a longer time than a few games into her freshman season.
Hairy Bear
Thanks for the info.
HoustonBear15
Bone Squad said:

Quote:

Quote:

once Collier went in, you gotta wonder why she was ranked higher as a recruit than either Queen or Nalyssa.
Quote:

I don't see Collier evolving and growing at Texas. She should look much better than she has this season.
These judgments seem premature to me. Remember Lauren Cox's freshman year? Or how Mompremier outplayed Kalani in their first year? Time will tell, and by that I mean a longer time than a few games into her freshman season.

75% of my statement has to do with the coaching at Texas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.