Chloe Jackson

17,000 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

slimecap
CHLOE JACKSON

Baylor Season Box Score
All games as of Jan 12, 2019

GP-GS MN/AV FG-FGA-% 3FG-FGA-%FT-FTA-% OR-DR-TR PF FO A TO BK ST PT/AV

14-14 441/31.5 62-137-.453 0-2-.000 26-33-.788 07-43-50 20 1 85 34 8 24 150/10.7

slimecap

Jan 16, 2019 @ Kansas

"Chloe Jackson finished the night flirting with a triple-double with 8 assists, 7 rebounds and a season-high 22 points.

"You worry about when you move a kid to an important position as the point guard as, you don't want to take away what she does best because we need those points," Mulkey said. "Chloe is getting better at delivering passes to the bigs inside, she can always shoot it. Sometimes it's difficult. Are you going to give up the posts or are you going to let her shoot it? She just was clicking tonight."

Link to read the entire article
https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/lady_bears_basketball/jumping-through-hoops-no-lady-bears-use-blistering-first-quarter/article_a2fc2afa-7d2f-50de-9665-deebd9289c88.html
Onward Go
With a combination of intelligence, speed, defensive effort, good passing and a great shot, Jackson is emerging as possibly the most complete point guard we've had since Odyssey Sims. While others might have been good at certain pieces of the PG duties, Jackson balances them all at a high level. I'm glad she's in Waco!
Bone Squad
I think I would rate Wallace as the more complete guard of the two, but Chloe has solidified her role on this team in a very short time frame and is a crucial piece in determining where we end up this year.
Alan Lefever
Have I mentioned she was my student last semester at Truett.... great kid...she is already Truett's all time leader in points, assists and rebounds!
Onward Go
Bone Squad said:

I think I would rate Wallace as the more complete guard of the two, but Chloe has solidified her role on this team in a very short time frame and is a crucial piece in determining where we end up this year.
Nobody could out hustle Kristy Wallace, but to my novice eyes, she always seemed a step too slow on the defense and allowed more guard penetration. Her work ethic and intensity helped compensate, of course.
Jackson is quick on defense.

And while KW had some amazing games (both of the UT matches last year, for example), Jakson seems more consistent on her shooting. A great case for either.
slimecap

#24 Chloe Jackson

Feb 13, 2019
slimecap

Feb 23, 2019

18 points. 3 assists. 7 rebounds.
HoustonBear15
Is Chloe a front runner for Big 12 Newcomer of the Year? I would think it would be between her and Vivian Gray at OkSt
Jacques Strap
So glad she is on our team. Her mid range game makes teams pay that pack the paint to defend KB and LC.. great addition
WasheFuzzy
Jacques Strap said:

So glad she is on our team. Her mid range game makes teams pay that pack the paint to defend KB and LC.. great addition
I agree. Her ability to hit the mid-range jumper makes teams that pack the paint pay the price by giving up an almost certain 2 points. IMO, she is the key to a NC.
slimecap

Chloe Jackson #24
setshot
With her maturity and experience, Chloe brings stability to this team, and her fine all around game, combined with that reassuring presence at the point, has certainly been a key to the way this team maintains its flow and rhythm at the offensive end of the floor. Defensively, she has great anticipation and gets her hands in the passing lanes as well as anyone we have had here in a long time. Deflections and steals are a major part of her defensive style. She does all this without getting into foul trouble as a rule, and that, too, is a great asset. I hope that the young players are watching and learning, as I suspect that they are.

Combine her effort with that of Didi Richards and Juicy Landrum and bring Cox into the mix and our defense out on the floor away from the paint is probably as good as we have ever had here. Mulkey has changed her strategy to take advantage of that, and we make opponents work harder than they are accustomed to out at the three point line. We have never defended out there as well as we are now doing and the results speak for themselves.
We may give up a few more two point plays, but even there we are strong with out quickness and mobility, combined with the presence of Lauren and Kalani in the paint.
geoman
Since I came back to the world ten years ago, the Lady Bears have become my favorite sports team. I don't have a lot of basketball knowledge or experience but Jackson strikes me as the type of young leader who would very likely make an excellent officer in a combat unit, ground or air. The skill sets may be different but her cool presence and professional demeanor are not to be denied.
mlb60
geoman said:

Since I came back to the world ten years ago, the Lady Bears have become my favorite sports team. I don't have a lot of basketball knowledge or experience but Jackson strikes me as the type of young leader who would very likely make an excellent officer in a combat unit, ground or air. The skill sets may be different but her cool presence and professional demeanor are not to be denied.

Nothing visibly bothers her. She adjusts and excels. That is the very definition of hard.
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard
DanaDane
I can only imagine how many awards Jackson would have won had she spent 4 years under Kim. She's a baller.
slimecap

xiledinok
slimecap said:

Jan 16, 2019 @ Kansas

"Chloe Jackson finished the night flirting with a triple-double with 8 assists, 7 rebounds and a season-high 22 points.

"You worry about when you move a kid to an important position as the point guard as, you don't want to take away what she does best because we need those points," Mulkey said. "Chloe is getting better at delivering passes to the bigs inside, she can always shoot it. Sometimes it's difficult. Are you going to give up the posts or are you going to let her shoot it? She just was clicking tonight."

Link to read the entire article
https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/lady_bears_basketball/jumping-through-hoops-no-lady-bears-use-blistering-first-quarter/article_a2fc2afa-7d2f-50de-9665-deebd9289c88.html

What's there not to like about her?
100 percent alpha female like her coach.
Miss Jackson can calm down her teammates.
Baylor Dad in Va.
Thank God for Chloe.
We got a real gem and a blessing when Chloe transferred to Baylor.
jdrs
Really glad she chose to come here. She always seems so composed with her ball handling and decision making.
slimecap

March 2, 2019
Saddle Up!
We're seeing so much more of her abilities this year than we would have if Morris had still been on the team!
slimecap

March 2, 2019
slimecap

March 4, 2019
Stryker
Get out of the way Lauren!
slimecap

slimecap

slimecap

slimecap

March 23, 2019
slimecap

March 25, 2019
Jacques Strap
She has been so good this year!
slimecap

Greensboro Regional All-Tournament team
Congratulations Chloe
slimecap

April 1, 2019
Mitch Blood Green
I think Cap has a crush. I can see why.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.