Lady Bears vs. Iowa State Game Thread

13,639 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wichitabear
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carleton with pushoff foul #3
BUbearinARK
Now we're moving!
bearbone11
We need to get Carleton another foul. At this point she basically can't play defense because she is so important offensively. We can use that. Good start to the half on both sides.
R11
BUbearinARK
It's much more comfortable to be up 10+. Mulkey's speech must've been a good'n.
4th and Inches
That was not a foul on DiDi...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
KajunKarlsdad
Nobody going to the glass when we shoot jumpers. Need some off rebs
BUbearinARK
Cox @999!
whitetrash
All 5 starters in double figures.
HoustonBear15
Carleton didn't score in the third quarter. Middleton made some good shots though.

Baylor 66, Iowa State 47
End 3rd Quarter
Eball
Here we go
whitetrash
66-47 end 3. 25-12 that quarter. Carleton shut out.

IowaSt 4-17 on 3s. BU 4-9.
Eball
Everyone does know Juicy is my favorite right
KajunKarlsdad
Very good quarter. ISU will be jacking up 3's like crazy in the 4th.
Baylor92
Carlton was scoreless in 3rd quarter. That's the biggest reason why the Lady Bears could extend their lead. That girl was phenomenal in the first half. But OUR TEAM can overcome THEIR PLAYER.

Go ladies!!!
Osodecentx
Osodecentx
What a great team

What a great coach

Malbec
Eball said:

Everyone does know Juicy is my favorite right
I think Juicy has a little Microwave in her. She plays a little like Vinnie.
whitetrash
Juicy drives into Carleton and draws #4.
Black_Storm
I would to know what is going on in Honesty's mind. She looks like she's ready to put her name in the transfer portal at times. LOL
KajunKarlsdad
Patience is not something kids today seem to have.
whitetrash
Carleton finally scores on what should have been her 5th foul.
KajunKarlsdad
Not the time to get sloppy!
DanaDane
Black_Storm said:

I would to know what is going on in Honesty's mind. She looks like she's ready to put her name in the transfer portal at times. LOL

Lady Bear fans should prepare themselves for the high probability that a couple of the freshmen will transfer out. They've gone from being the star of their teams to a place on the bench. Unfortunately, history shows that a lot of the Top 50 kids don't have the patience to sit and wait their turn. Hopefully all of them will (because they can all still be super stars here eventually), but odds and current day environment with college kids suggest otherwise.
Osodecentx
This makes sense
Wichitabear
Ok as long as you know Lauren is mine
Osodecentx
84-69 final
EatMoreSalmon
This is a really good team. I hope they can keep intensity as the season wears on. Keep it moving forward, girls.
Wichitabear
Which they are interviewing as we text
fubar
BU 29 assists (on 34 made FG)
ISU 9 assists
zt1014
If I remember right I think DeCosta mentioned that coming in. She wanted to be challenged and earn her spot. Losing Brown will give them all at lot more chances next year. Then if Chloe doesn't return moon may earn the sg or even Honesty. It's either of theirs for the taking. DeCosta would play for Didi when in foul trouble. Next season they will see more playing time.
BUVA
zt1014 said:

If I remember right I think DeCosta mentioned that coming in. She wanted to be challenged and earn her spot. Losing Brown will give them all at lot more chances next year. Then if Chloe doesn't return moon may earn the sg or even Honesty. It's either of theirs for the taking. DeCosta would play for Didi when in foul trouble. Next season they will see more playing time.

Lauren didn't want to be expected to start her frosh year--she wanted to adjust to the college game. We lose Chloe and Kalani after this year, then Juicy and Lauren the next year. With only one freshman coming in next year, there is room for some movement in the next couple of years. I'd hate to lose any of the Fierce Five, but as mentioned earlier, they are used to playing and not sitting. Time will tell.
3rdgenbear
Wasn't the prettiest win but we finally pulled away. We were scrappy throughout but weren't shooting the best tonight. Finally, Lauren and Juicy got on track which helped us seal the win. Defense on Carleton in the second half was pretty stellar.

Regarding our freshmen on the bench, I hope the thoughts they are having is how much they can help by giving it their all in practice and stretching the starters to their limits. CKM has her favorites, they are called seniors and juniors. The freshmen's time will come, their light will shine. Work hard, support your team, and all will fall into place. In the meantime, enjoy the ride and help your team compete toward another NC.
geewago
BUVA said:

zt1014 said:

Lauren didn't want to be expected to start her frosh year--she wanted to adjust to the college game. We lose Chloe and Kalani after this year, then Juicy and Lauren the next year. With only one freshman coming in next year, there is room for some movement in the next couple of years. I'd hate to lose any of the Fierce Five, but as mentioned earlier, they are used to playing and not sitting. Time will tell.
Yes, but problem is, if they transfer out they have to sit another year on the bench. Unless these new transfer rules change that.
Eball
The girls just ground out a win against a very good team with a great coach and possibly the best all around player in our conference this year.

I really like our mind set. The girls never look rattled and just keep playing the game. Cox, DiDi and juicy are three really good defenders. I think juicy was on Carlton in the second half primarily and did a great job. DiDi did well on her as well.

We are tough to beat as long as we play that hard and focused.
Eball
Way to early to worry about transfers. We have this season to play. A lot of games left .

I have done this before but if you wanted to play our 12 players an equal amount of time each one would only get 16.6 minutes less than half the game. Now we know the starters will get more but let's say starting 5 play 30 minutes each 3/4 game to stay sharp and in game shape that leaves 50 minutes so play 7 players equal minutes they get just over 7 minutes a game. So everyone needs to do the math and understand that minutes are hard to come by as a freshman on a really good team.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.