Lady Bears Overseas

5,187 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TXtoCO
HoustonBear15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone follow Lady Bears that are playing professionally overseas? I don't follow closely but came across three former Lady Bears that are active right now.

Kristina Higgins is killing it overseas in the Romanian league. She is currently averaging 19.3 PPG and 12.5 RPG. Here is a video of her 2017-2018 highlights: . She looks athletic, quick, and confident. A completely different player than who we saw in her college days.

Destiny Williams is also back into the Romanian League in which she was the MVP in the 2013-2014 season. She is averaging 16 points and 13 rebounds right now. Highlights:

Bernice Mosby is in the Chinese League in which she scored 27 points, 8 rebounds and 4 steals in her first game.

BuinmyBlood
Great stuff. Thanks!
uglytobone
Thanks!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Higgins is 5th in scoring and 2nd in rebounding

18.5/12.1 now
GarlandBear84
Fun to read these updates. Sounds like Higgins was a late-bloomer athletically.
Bearprof
Higgins looks to be in much better shape - much quicker. She seems to be having a great time. Always thought that she somewhat underachieved here since she wasn't in shape, but she seems to be now. Really happy for her.
setshot
Thanks, Houston. Great to have an update on former Baylor standouts.

It is an excellent experience for these young women, one that they will carry with them for the rest of their lives.

Higgins possessed some very good skills, but I would agree that at that point in her life she did not have the conditioning that would enable her to consistently make the most of what she had in terms of her basketball ability. It lowered her ceiling at that stage of her development, and it now appears that she has made the physical changes which enable her to expand her game. The maturity and experience factors have come into juxtaposition and I am highly gratified that this fine representative of Baylor basketball and the university is in full stride.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Higgins coming in from El Paso likely didn't realize how big WBB was to Baylor, despite visiting. Nothing in El Paso is that big of an event for women. UTEP MBB had a run, but FB pretty much stunk.

Her hands and feet were always above average to great, but the conditioning isn't going to come overnight and it falls off fast when you take a break.
Eball
She had good skills and size but she looks so different in terms of her physical conditioning. Wow. So happy for her and it does look like she is having fun.
slimecap

Kristina Higgins #44
slimecap

Aliceinbubbleland
Interesting piece in NYT's regarding injuries and excessive playing time overseas.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/19/sports/breanna-stewart-achilles-wnba.html
slimecap

France

December 7, 2018
TXtoCO
Higgins looks great. I always thought that she had the skills to be an impact player. I wouldn't be surprised to see her picked up by a WBNA team.
ScottS
Basketball is the ticket for these ladies to see the world!
HoustonBear15
https://instagr.am/p/B7HNqWMBZZD
Dekeiya Cohen is leading the Turkish league in rebounds and 3rd in scoring and steals.
HoustonBear15
https://instagr.am/p/B7G0roVBAzu
Alexis Prince is also in the Turkish league. 6th in points and 2nd in rebounds behind Cohen.
HoustonBear15
https://instagr.am/p/B6wpw-OJyvW
Cohen and Prince together for NYE in Turkey
HoustonBear15

Dekeiya Cohen racked up some awards in the Turkish Women's Basketball League. She was the League MVP, Forward of the Year, and Import Player of the Year.
TXtoCO
Higgins was one of the few "bigs" who never reached her potential at BU. I always liked her game and expected her to be great. So happy for her.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.