Nina Davis

1,576 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wichitabear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Bone Squad
I think her Baylor jersey should be retired as well.
bowdedg
Central honors former basketball star Nina Davis

Nina Davis is many things.
She's a supremely talented basketball player and a citizen of the world to boot. But one thing Davis most certainly is not is triskaidekaphobia.
On the contrary, instead of running from the No. 13 she's embraced it throughout her career. And it's served her well.
"It's a funny thing," she said. "When I played on my first AAU team I was about eight years old and the coach told everyone to pick a number. So of course everyone ran and grabbed one, three, 23 I don't know, 13 was just sitting there.
"But I picked it up that day and honestly I just fell in love with it. People think I'm crazy but so many amazing things have happened with the number 13. I graduated (high school) in 2013. I graduated from college on the 13th. And now I'm having my number retired on the 13th.
"It's just amazing."

Link for whole report-->
https://www.dailymemphian.com/section/sportshigh-school-sports/article/3081/Central-honors-former-basketball-star-Nina-Davis
mlb60
bowdedg said:

Central honors former basketball star Nina Davis

Nina Davis is many things.
She's a supremely talented basketball player and a citizen of the world to boot. But one thing Davis most certainly is not is triskaidekaphobia.
On the contrary, instead of running from the No. 13 she's embraced it throughout her career. And it's served her well.
"It's a funny thing," she said. "When I played on my first AAU team I was about eight years old and the coach told everyone to pick a number. So of course everyone ran and grabbed one, three, 23 I don't know, 13 was just sitting there.
"But I picked it up that day and honestly I just fell in love with it. People think I'm crazy but so many amazing things have happened with the number 13. I graduated (high school) in 2013. I graduated from college on the 13th. And now I'm having my number retired on the 13th.
"It's just amazing."

Link for whole report-->
https://www.dailymemphian.com/section/sportshigh-school-sports/article/3081/Central-honors-former-basketball-star-Nina-Davis
That's a nice story. Because she didn't play for Memphis or in the $EC, there was hardly any coverage of Nina's career at Baylor or since. I always thought it odd that having one of the best ball players in the country be from Memphis was never considered all that newsworthy by the local media.
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard
Wichitabear
That is truly ashame. She was outstanding.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.