Freshman minutes

1,780 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 3rdgenbear
Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There seems to be on occasion some issues with the amount of playing time the Freshman are getting...I thought it would be fun to see how some of our starters/rotation players started their Careers at BU as Freshman..of course Chloe is excluded...

Brown averaged 14.4 minutes a game as a freshman
Cox averaged 13.4
Juicy 9.5
Moon 10.5
Didi 18 a game Our lack of depth and bodies raised her time on the CRT no doubt.

This year
Smith 17.2 played in all 23 games started one
Egbo 10.7 missed one game
Bickle 7.3 17 games
Oliver 6.9 17 games
HSG 6.8 17 games
DeCosta 6.3 12 games

going from 9-10 players last year to 12 on roster this year has made a difference in minutes available....
WasheFuzzy
I would really like to see more of DeCosta. She was the number 2 recruit in the country and is getting little PT.
Snuf
DeCosta has had to work through 2 injuries.
mimi25408
I agree, But her defense is depressing . But I wish kim would let them play out there mistakes sometimes. Sometimes it's hard to learn a lesson just by not letting them play.
PapaBear6
you may want them to learn a lesson on the court, but look at what Kalani and then Cox after her have done following the same model. I think coach knows what she's doing.
mimi25408
Never said she didn't know what she was doing... just my opinion.
HoustonBear15
I also agree that I wish the freshmen would be able to play through their mistakes. I know that's not CKM'a style but I'm reminded of Oliver getting yanked in the last game after being in for literally just one free throw shot. She was supposed to inbound the ball but Smith had possession of it so she tossed it to Oliver. Unfortunately, since Oliver caught it inbounds and walked out with it, it was a turnover. CKM immediately pulled them both out and Trinity looked absolutely defeated.
AirBear
Having watched UT play this year and the chronic turnovers that veterans make over and overI support Kim 100%. Kids have to learn to take care of ball.
3rdgenbear
If you are like me, you have had the experience of watching us grow a lead to a very comfortable margin and really wanting CKM to get the starters off the court, give them some needed rest, and get the freshmen on the court and show what they can do - even in conference games.

Then....turnover, three, turnover, layup, missed shot, layup, foul, and one. Ok, ok, ok. Sorry, Kim.....

The coaches know these players so well. When they can play and win, they'll play, as we saw in non-conference. They are developing into awesome, elite level D1 players. By their sophmore, junior and senior seasons they'll be playing and winning against other elite programs.

Hopefully, our freshmen are being encouraged by friends, family and fans to trust the process. It's proven, and they'll be better for it and so will their team. Their time will come.

Still,...can't wait to see them as seasoned Lady Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.