Jordyn Oliver (prosper high school) vs Waco Midway Tonight

5,722 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Dcheetah
Bullydawg22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prosper high school will play Waco Midway tonight @ Midilothan High school 630. I'll be there watching as my wife coaches for Midway. Will try my best to report back, as I will have my 3 kids all under age of 5 with me as well
DFW Bill
Geewago and I will be there for the 6:30 game tonight as well.
Eball
So Jealous...enjoy and please provide a full report!
Bullydawg22
Bill brock is here
geewago
Eball said:

We went. We saw. We enjoyed. We left. Not sure exactly what our conclusion is. But, Jordy has good form. Great looking shot, just missed a lot tonight. Still finished with 22 points. Very good passer and dribbler. Don't think she'll be a starter next year. But after one year in the KM boot camp I think she will do well.
Wichitabear
I was hoping for wow, fantastic, incredible, but ok. Lolol
Brian Ethridge
Staff

Brian Ethridge
Staff

geewago
Wow there was a big crowd there. When Bill and I went to Midlothian to watch them play Midway it was an extremely sparse crowd. Looks like Plano gave them a much better battle. Which brings out the best in the star players. Jordy did fine against Midway but it wasn't all that impressive. But you could tell she was sharing with her team mates a lot. You got the impression that if the game got out of hand she would take over if needed. In fact at the end when Midway began to press and try to make a rally, she kept the ball most of the time.
fredbear
Thanks so much for the effort to post videos!
fredbear
Thanks so much for the effort to post videos!
slimecap

Ready to rock the Davis at 6 p.m. on Friday
Let's have a Baylor green-out
in honor of Prosper's school colors

Next game Friday vs Vista Ridge
6pm at Ellis Davis Fieldhouse
9191 S Polk St
Dallas, TX 75232

Sic 'em Jordyn

Wichitabear
Awesome.
WasheFuzzy
geewago said:

Eball said:

We went. We saw. We enjoyed. We left. Not sure exactly what our conclusion is. But, Jordy has good form. Great looking shot, just missed a lot tonight. Still finished with 22 points. Very good passer and dribbler. Don't think she'll be a starter next year. But after one year in the KM boot camp I think she will do well.
How many players COULD be a starter next season with all the talent that we have returning from the number 1 ranked class and team?
Eball
WasheFuzzy said:

geewago said:

Eball said:

How many players COULD be a starter next season with all the talent that we have returning from the number 1 ranked class and team?
Next year starters...Didi, Cox and Juicy...then Smith and Moon? or Queen with Smith still coming off bench?

I think we would all agree those 6 will be in the 8 player rotation...who else most likely AD, HSG or (the two Oliver's?) Bickle may also challenge as she is very versatile. Can play just about any position except point...and she will be a three point threat.

If everyone returns the competition will be high as we are very talented. We will be different in our attack as well so we maybe surprised in terms of who gets minutes because of the different ways we look to score. likely to shoot more threes and pick up the pace as well. we will also be young...

Right now it looks like 11 kids...so if we have any significant attrition or injuries our depth will be seriously compromised. Our team last year comes to mind as well as some of the other top programs which have little depth to deal with. It is a problem when you recruit 5 stars year after year some will leave for more playing time opportunities.
setshot
Eball, do you think that there might be another graduate transfer on the horizon? It may change the women's game the way it is changing the men's...and Chloe Jackson makes a good case for it..
Eball
setshot said:

Eball, do you think that there might be another graduate transfer on the horizon? It may change the women's game the way it is changing the men's...and Chloe Jackson makes a good case for it..
I think there is a chance yes...I think Kim is likely very particular but if we lose one or two to transfer I think you would see her open up to the potential of adding a transfer.

think about this...if Chou does not transfer and since we thought Morris would be available would we have added Chloe? I am not sure she would have...then think where we would be, Chou is a good player but not the same type of game as Chloe so it would have been a lot tougher getting over the loss of Morris in my opinion.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Is it me or did the Plano player travel on that spin move?
Eball
Traveling
slimecap

NLI signing Nov 2018

TONIGHT
6:00 pm

vs Vista Ridge
Ellis Davis Fieldhouse
9191 S Polk St
Dallas, TX 75232

Sic 'em Jordyn
slimecap
Prosper wins 48-25 over Vista Ridge

Congrats Jordyn !!!

geewago
slimecap said:

Prosper wins 48-25 over Vista Ridge

Congrats Jordyn !!!

I went to that game. Jordy played much better than she did against Midway. Was very impressed with her tonight. They had a 22 point lead at half so the coach chose to go in the stall mode. The 3rd quarter was no fun at all and it hurt her scoring stats. I really think they should put at least a 90 second shot clock in HS. At least they would have to shoot before eternity sets in.

The second game between Hendickson and Allen was a barn burner. It's been a long time since I've watched a HS girls game that exciting. I believe 144 points were scored. Got to see Nyah Green of Allen who is the top ranked player in the state, 7th ranked on prospect nations. Louisville is getting a jewel in her. Very impressive.

But the cake taker was the PG, Mikayla Woods for Hendickson. She was Sheila Lambert the 3rd. She scored 40 points and had two three pointers taken away due to a foul right as she shot. I think she made 8 three pointers. Has scored over 2,000 points in her career. I'm watching her thinking I never saw Odyssey Sims or Alexis Jones play any better. So I'm wondering what lucky college is going to get her. Was figuring maybe OU, OSU, TT, SMU or the like. Come to find out she's going to UTSA. Hard to believe she didn't get a higher offer than that. Maybe she did but didn't take it. But I'll say one thing she will surely burn the nets up in that conference. Wow! What a performance.
slimecap

geewago
Well I see Prosper lost to Allen tonight by 5 points. Jordans HS career is now over. Moving up now to the Lady Bears.
Dcheetah
Didn't see the game but from reading the UT board Oliver had excellent handles and they were very complimentary on all aspects of her game except shooting which wasn't bad but not as strong as the other areas of her game. Said she and Nyah Green were both very good players.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.