Baylor avoiding upsets

3,119 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Eball
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
fredbear
Thank you from out of town fans!
Pale Rider
Yep. Sharp.
historian
Go after them, Lady Bears.

Sic 'em Bears!

GarlandBear84
I don't want to hear an excuse about our starters being fatigued. They haven't played too many minutes and we have a good enough bench to rest them. Instead of winning by 30, just win by ten with sufficient rest.
buildabear1
Dcheetah
Dp
Dcheetah
To keep our #1 seed I think we are going to have to continue to win by comfortable margins. I expect Oregon to continue to try to destroy teams as they have done recently. However, we are up about 20 by half each game and instead of extending the lead with further play we play about even many of the second halves. I would love to see us continue to do dominate the third quarter, then be able to turn over the game to our freshman for most of the 4th.
historian
Texas Tech was a blowout.
Pale Rider
GarlandBear84 said:

I don't want to hear an excuse about our starters being fatigued. They haven't played too many minutes and we have a good enough bench to rest them. Instead of winning by 30, just win by ten with sufficient rest.

My man GB.
GarlandBear84
You may be right, but if we win the rest I would be shocked to lose a 1-seed no matter the margin of wins.
bearbone11
GarlandBear84 said:

You may be right, but if we win the rest I would be shocked to lose a 1-seed no matter the margin of wins.
This is right. The committee doesn't care about margins. We may lose the number 1 overall just because our conference kinda sucks, but it we win them all we will certainly be a 1 seed.
R11
WasheFuzzy
Win out and we are the 1 seed in the tourney. The committee will reward us for being undefeated in a Power 5 conference. That ain't easy to do, folks!
Dcheetah
I just meant the overall 1 seed
ScottS
GarlandBear84 said:

I would prefer to win 100-0
GarlandBear84
And then lose in the Sweet 16 due to tired legs? Not me.
bearbone11
GarlandBear84 said:

And then lose in the Sweet 16 due to tired legs? Not me.
A few minutes now won't make any difference come NCAA time. They get 10 days off between the Big 12 tourney and the NCAAs, and the first weekend is a cakewalk anyway.
R11
GarlandBear84
I've heard the excuse before. Round two and four only get two days rest.
bearbone11
GarlandBear84 said:

I've heard the excuse before. Round two and four only get two days rest.
None of our early exits the last three years have been because of fatigue. Everybody plays the same tournament schedule. Just need to play a complete game.
R11
ScottS
I'd prefer to win all games 100-0, including all the NCAA tournament games. Anyway sweet 16 games have about 5 days of rest before them so I dont think we lost a sweet 16 game due to tired legs.
Eball
Just so you know as of today:

Minutes for starters per game:

Jackson - 31.9
Juicy- 31.5
Cox 28.7 last year 30.2
Brown 26.3 last year 29.6
DiDi 25.2

I don't think anyone is getting too many minutes at all...almost all starters off floor for full quarter or more..

we have plenty of minutes for subs....just too many subs (7) for those minutes. (a good thing! a hard thing! but a good thing!) You need depth...

Obviously our three top subs get the bulk of the remaining minutes.

I think you run a bigger risk of losing your edge and focus if you don't play your rotation enough minutes game to game. they get out of sync...you want your team peaking at the right time and that is hard to do if every game is a blow out and you only playing starters half the game.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.