Selection Show happening RIGHT NOW

9,318 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Saddle Up!
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NCAA printable bracket
with all starting times for 1st round

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-women/d1/2019
EvilTroyAndAbed
BaylorTaxman said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

whitetrash said:

Somebody at ESPN's cleaning out their desk and turning in their ID badge right now. Major screwup.
Nope. They did this on purpose.

They issues a statement saying it was a mistake
Oh, ok. I completely believe that.

Did you see twitter at 4 p.m.? More talk about the women's tourney than there has been in years. Especially with UConn being a 2. They did this on purpose.
Jacques Strap
Looks like a good bracket.
BaylorTaxman
UT all the way down to a 7 seed. Iowa State a 3 seed.
whitetrash
Apparently we are not worth talking about (yet). So far it's all about Louisville and UConn.

And apparently Walz is suspended for the first game in the tournament. Must have mouthed off last year in the FF.
BaylorTaxman
Rebecca looks like she is in mourning.
whitetrash
KM being interviewed. Kannon chewing on her fingers during interview.
jdrs
Coach Mulkey is such a great ambassador for Baylor!
Wichitabear
She is great. Always will be in my book!
HarryJohnson
No offense, but I am already tired of Kim holding the baby all the time.
slimecap

mimi25408
Well I guess the best solution is to not look.
manbear2010
Let's remember that she lost her previous grandchild. I think it's precious and the baby is adorable.
DanaDane
Has a double digit seed ever made it to the finals or even semi's in the women's tournament?
HoustonBear15
DanaDane said:

Has a double digit seed ever made it to the finals or even semi's in the women's tournament?
Not sure but I think I remember seeing that a double digit seed has been in the sweet sixteen in 8 of the last 9 seasons.
whitetrash
DanaDane said:

I think the highest seed to make the WFF was Gary Blair's Arkansas as an 8 in 1999
rileyroo
Just taking a quick look at UNC and Cal's results this year...

UNC beat top 25 UCLA and #1 seed Notre Dame.
Cal beat Stanford.

No easy games beyond game 1. I am glad round 2 will be in Waco.
TechDawgMc
whitetrash said:

DanaDane said:

I think the highest seed to make the WFF was Gary Blair's Arkansas as an 8 in 1999
Close. Arkansas was a nine seed in 1998. Lost to Tennessee in the semi-finals. Arkansas benefited from being in Stanford's region the year they lost to Harvard. Though they were a typical Blair aggressive defense team.
Meladee
HarryJohnson said:

Better get used to it or turn wbb off. She lost her first grandchild a year ago, she's not going to put this one down until he's bigger than her. Frankly, I can't blame her.
slimecap

KALANI BROWN

On if bracket link affect the excitement of the selection show
"Just as exciting. More awkward when it came out the first time. It went around on our group message first. It was kind of awkward. We were like, 'Nah, it's fake.' No it's going on right now. Awkward reaction. We did it the right way and got excited."

- Post-NCAA Selection Show
slimecap
whitetrash said:

Apparently we are not worth talking about (yet). So far it's all about Louisville and UConn. And apparently Walz is suspended for the first game in the tournament. Must have mouthed off last year in the FF.

May 25, 2018
Excerpt

"Jeff Walz was suspended one postseason game by the NCAA on Friday for complaining about the officiating during the team's Final Four loss in March. In a statement, the NCAA said Walz "directed inappropriate comments and profane language toward committee members and NCAA staff seated at the scorer's table."

The suspension will be served during Walz's next NCAA postseason game, whether he is coaching at Louisville or at another school. Louisville's season ended with a 73-63 overtime loss to Mississippi State in the national semifinal.

That game was marked by several controversial calls, including a technical assessed to Louisville's Sam Fuehring when she slapped the floor after committing her fourth foul. The technical foul, given during the final minutes, disqualified her for the night.

Walz was visibly frustrated throughout the game and directed several profanity-laden comments toward the officials and the scorer's table.

In its statement, the NCAA said it's not the first time that Walz has been reprimanded for similar conduct, citing another incident in 2011 in which he kicked a scorer's table in a tournament loss to Gonzaga. Friday's suspension was given mainly to "apply a stronger penalty to discourage future misconduct."

Rhonda Lundin Bennett, chair of the NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Committee, said that "Walz's conduct did not meet acceptable standards and has no place in the sport or the women's basketball championship The committee actively encourages coaches and student-athletes to display good sportsmanship throughout the season and during the championship,"

- Justin Sayers, Courier Journal
Jacques Strap
HarryJohnson said:

No offense, but prefer you post over on the premium side.
Saddle Up!
I'll admit upfront that I may be making something out of nothing, but it stood out to me yesterday that in every reference to CKM on the ESPN set, they always referred to her as one of the most intense or greatest players to ever play women's basketball, but never as one of the best or greatest coaches in women's basketball. While their observation is true, I found it a bit demeaning and dismissive of Kim's coaching abilities and accomplishments.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.