WBB Recruiting

33,036 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HustleBear
Dnicknames
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody know how it works?

Does the Natty put the entire nation as a recruiting possibility for 2020?

Mulky at the end of the game said we have the #1 ranked freshman recruiting class in the nation. Let's repeat that this offseason.
Bearprof
It will be fascinating to see what happens with 2020 recruiting. Need a point guard so hopefully it will be either that kid from the Metroplex or the one from Washington state. Gusters, is it, the 6'5" post from the Metroplex is the hopeful front court player.
GarlandBear84
For the past 15 years or so we've consistently been one of the top programs in the nation. Only UConn and Tennessee have won more national championships than us. We've been recruiting nationally for years and even from Australia! We've had players from CA to FL and up to MI.

We only signed one player in the next class and Jordyn Oliver will join the team next season. With such a loaded freshman class and only losing Kalani and Chloe it didn't make sense to sign more.
Meladee
If we lose Cox for the season next year, which I am expecting unfortunately, I think Kim will bring in 1 post player as a Grad Transfer.

Really hope I'm wrong. Maybe if it's an MCL it's less than a year?
bearbone11
Even if we lose Lauren I still expect to win the Big 12 next year. The freshmen are obnoxiously talented and will be ready to fill the gap. We wouldn't be national favorites anymore but still an outstanding team. Nalyssa Smith gave a little preview of that today. Throw in Queen and Aquira and we will be able to hang with anyone. Then, when Lauren came back in 2020-2021 we would legitimately have a chance to be the greatest team in the history of the sport.

If Lauren does play next year, then we are probably co-favorites with Oregon. They return all the key pieces and we saw just how dangerous they can be.

As for recruiting, we have been recruiting the cream of the crop nationally for awhile now. We got Aquira from California and Honesty from Maryland, both top 10 recruits. This next class we are fortunate to have two top 10 recruits in our own backyard. We also seem to have legitimate interest from Hailey Van Lith of Washington, the number 2 recruit in the country. With the development of our posts, and the magic that we got from Chloe after just one year under Kim, I imagine any number of recruits will be lining up to come.
R11
GrizBear
I know they're both listed as point guards but it should be fairly obvious that Sarah Andrews and Hailey Van Lith could flourish on the court at the same time on a Mulkey coached team.
longtimebear
My gosh yall. Honesty Scott Grayson ain't no slouch. After all she is a part of that no. 1 signing class. Why do we need two more point gaurds? One, MAYBE!

We have to find a big gal if there is one out there.
Dcheetah
This is what I am hoping for with Gusters too.
Dcheetah
Could 1 play at the 2 or are they too short for the 2? Both can shoot. Sarah listed at 5'7" and HVL at 5'9"

Sorry, meant to reply to longtime...
3rdgenbear
I'll be surprised if HVL isn't UCONN bound. The Seattle WNBA UConn players seem to be her favorite players. It would be great to have her, but Gusters and Andrews are probably our best bets.
fredbear
HSG is fantastic.
wuzzy bear
Another Kristy Wallace will work for me. That kid was unbelievable and plays like an WNBA PG who can shoot. And her toughness is never in doubt. That is who we need. Get Kristy talking to other Aussie PG's. I have no doubt LC will be back. She will work herself to death in rehab. She has already overcome type 1 DM so why would she not?

And yes, this opens up the whole country to recruiting. But these frosh behind the others are already ready to take over. We could have won the big 12 with the 2nd team this year.
Dcheetah
UConn has gotten commits from Paige Bueckers and just got a commit from Nika Muhl. Preciously thought that HVL was leaning UConn. Maybe that makes it more likely she will choose us although she is looking at Oregon Oregon State and ND and Louisville too.

Are Sarah Andrews and Hannah Gusters thought to be a package? I see comments linking SA with Tx and Hannah with UConn.

Does anyone think Arike when looking at Sarah based on her body type and game? A better comparison?
CavalryRoadie
Dcheetah said:

Are Sarah Andrews and Hannah Gusters thought to be a package? I see comments linking SA with Tx and Hannah with UConn.
That's a thought. Is there an example of two players, from the same High School and class, going to the same D-1 program with success? Just wondering.
hitmanmw
wuzzy bear said:

Another Kristy Wallace will work for me. That kid was unbelievable and plays like an WNBA PG who can shoot. And her toughness is never in doubt. That is who we need. Get Kristy talking to other Aussie PG's. I have no doubt LC will be back. She will work herself to death in rehab. She has already overcome type 1 DM so why would she not?

And yes, this opens up the whole country to recruiting. But these frosh behind the others are already ready to take over. We could have won the big 12 with the 2nd team this year.
Would love to get a grad transfer PG the caliber of the girl that ISU brought in this year. Solid with the ball and can shoot the 3. HVL is my dream. She looks unbelievable. Would Sarah A really choose UT over BU?? Good grief...
bowdedg
BuinmyBlood
Wonder if there has been any mutual interest or contact with this 6-6 post player from a Christian Academy in Tennessee...she's rated the 2nd best P behind Gusters on Hoopgurlz...

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/225966/kamilla-cardoso
BiPolarBear
If Kim is comfortable with using the full permissible allotment of 15 scholarships she has room for four more after the two we lose and the one we gain this year.

All of the good ones for 2019 are off the market now. I hope we will have another top class for 2020.

Maybe a quality PG Transfer?
DFW Bill
Elizabeth Dixon 6'5" Forward, with Georgia Tech just entered the NCAA transfer portal. She is a Freshman and with the turmoil at Georgia Tech there is a very good chance she will be granted immediately eligibility.

She was a McDonalds All American and played in the Jordon Brand Classic. As a Freshman she hit 51% from the field and 71% from the free throw line, Strong rebounder. From Memphis, Tennessee, ranked #13 by ESPN Hoopgurlz.
Jacques Strap
DFW Bill said:

Elizabeth Balugon, 6'5" Forward, with Georgia Tech just entered the NCAA transfer portal. She is a Freshman and with the turmoil at Georgia Tech there is a very good chance she will be granted immediately eligibility.

She was a McDonalds All American and played in the Jordon Brand Classic. As a Freshman she hit 51% from the field and 71% from the free throw line, Strong rebounder. From Memphis, Tennessee, ranked #13 by ESPN Hoopgurlz.
Nina Davis was from Memphis and she turned out pretty good. I wonder if they're talking or if they are allowed to talk.
DFW Bill
Once a player is in the NCAA transfer portal things can happen quickly, she will get tons of offers. I believe she can have 5 paid visits per the NCAA
Big Bear
Bill, Elizabeth Balugan is 6' 1" and Elizabeth Dixon is 6' 5". Both are on the portal. Which one are you referencing?
cyberbear
Kim had the "Big Girls Apply Here" sign blinking noticeably over her head on more than one interview in Tampa. She's proven she can develop them (with Brock) and win championships with them. That's what she wants.
Meladee
3 SC players in the portal

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26481510/herbert-harrigan-3-transfer-sc
DFW Bill
Sorry, it is Elizabeth Dixon.
DFW Bill
Mikiah Herbert Harrigan is a Junior at South Carolina, 6'2" Forward, averaged 10 points a game, 5 rebounds in 22 minutes a game and was the team leader in blocks with 71. Good shooter, 46% from the field, 42% from the arc and 82% from the line. Now in the transfer portal. She most likely is a red-shirt.
4th and Inches
I hope this family mentality keeps us from losing kids to the transfer portal... i can see how a coaches carreer could go south fast with this system.
DFW Bill
Georgia Tech has 4 in the transfer portal, South Carolina has 3.
KK821
So is Gusters or Andrews committing somewhere tonight? Is that what Jason Key is teasing at?
AirBear
Talk in Tampa was HVL to Oregon. Friday afternoon, security guard at arena said "some girl" told him she has an offer from BU and Oregon and she picked Oregon. He said he told her she messed up!

He said he saw short girl from Louisiana hit 30 threes in a row during Baylor practice. Figure out he was talking about Moon.

He bet $100 on Baylor to win. Said he was holding the money and pulled out a $100 bill.

He was a hoot.

I have no idea if he knew what he was talking about.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
DFW Bill said:

Elizabeth Dixon 6'5" Forward, with Georgia Tech just entered the NCAA transfer portal. She is a Freshman and with the turmoil at Georgia Tech there is a very good chance she will be granted immediately eligibility.

USC has a couple of interesting possibilities in a SR and RsJR from Australia.
Booray
I am all for student-athletes getting to their best opportunity. But all this transferring makes me sad.

Except for Chloe. Chloe made me happy.
mimi25408
Well that sucks... but Oregon in closer to her. Damn I really liked her.
baylor1984
Just get Gusters and Andrews and BU will be set for 2020.
buildabear1
Nothing definite, but hearing SA to Horn's. I would rather have H Turner. Defensive player of the year and a great score and disher.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.