Nalyssa Smith

10,606 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Big Bear
lookin4awin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChapBear said:

I believe DiDi will play almost exclusively the 3. The only improvement she needs to make is in her outside shot in order to be an all conference junior and an all American senior.

We have some great guards, Juicy, Moon, Trinity, Honesty to play the 1 and 2 slots along with DeCosta. I believe that Trinity will increase her minutes substantially next year and that in Juicy and Moon we have two all conference quality guards. Wait and see.
With such a wealth of talent, if the injury bug stays away, Kim has just so many options at each position. Because of talent and speed, this team will be effective playing big or small. Kim should be sleeping very soundly with or without a transfer.
Dcheetah
I think she could but we already have several players vying for minutes there.

Imagine this big lineup
Queen
Nalyssa
LC
Aquira
Decosta
Big Bear
With this talent and athleticism Kim will have an infinite choices for a 5 on the floor. Can't imagine too many scenarios that a team can throw at us that we can't trump. We can go big, small or just a starting 5. If Tea' arrives it even gives her more options, especially if Tea' has 2 yrs remaining. Anxious for practice to begin and I can see what is on Kim's horizon.
GarlandBear84
Dcheetah said:

I think she could but we already have several players vying for minutes there.

Imagine this big lineup
Queen
Nalyssa
LC
Aquira
Decosta

Aquira can't play two positions at once.
Dcheetah
Nice catch. Meant Didi.
And Aquira may be athletic enough to do it!
Big Bear
Touche'
57Bear
Big Bear said:

With this talent and athleticism Kim will have an infinite choices for a 5 on the floor. ...
Maybe a large number of choices, but not infinite.
bowdedg
Big Bear
I guess my use of "infinite" is a reflexion of my math degree. Sorreeee!
ChapBear
Big Bear said:

I With this talent and athleticism Kim will have an infinite choices for a 5 on the floor. Can't imagine too many scenarios that a team can throw at us that we can't trump. We can go big, small or just a starting 5. If Tea' arrives it even gives her more options, especially if Tea' has 2 yrs remaining. Anxious for practice to begin and I can see what is on Kim's horizon.
I hope that we do not take Tea. Every guard we have on campus is either better now or better in potential. We need a big transfer for depth at the 5 to protect against injuries to Queen or LC
bowdedg
bowdedg
Big Bear
I agree we do need a big but I see no one on the transfer list that would satisfy. However, we had the same comments about the need or not need a point guard and you know how that played out. The conversation re Te'a has both positive and negative and have 100% faith in Kim to make that decision. As far as seeing her play this past year just against us, she was very effective and very much like Chloe. She had 16 and 17 pts. vs us and played very good D. If we had her that would allow Honesty to back up both Chloe and Juicy, Chloe at the point and Juicy at the 2. She improves our team on the court. I do not know how she fits off the court, just what I have been told.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.