Baylor Head Coach Kim Mulkey Would Welcome White House Visit

28,233 Views | 176 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Saddle Up!
Saddle Up!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

Saddle Up! said:

BylrFan said:

crazy how someone would ask trump about white nationalism during a moment for our baylor bears..

And reporters wonder why they have an approval rating in the same neighborhood as our politicians. That woman tried to turn our ladies into props for her question. Disgusting!
And what do your remarks and the other posters that want to talk about reporters have to do with Baylor basketball? Why do people insist on sticking politics into a basketball discussion. If you want to discuss politics why don't you take it someplace else. I'm here to talk about the lady bears

Thanks for your questions, Dad. I didn't broach the subject of the reporters, but someone else did, in response to PBS report on the WH visit, posted by gobears20. I actually think that the point being made is identical to your point. As for what it has to do with Baylor WBB, that's precisely the point of the discussion, based on the ridiculous question asked by the WH reporter, when they were supposed to be exiting, while our excellent young ladies were standing there, and being honored. Your point about inserting politics into a basketball discussion/moment is spot on, and precisely the point of the comments about what the reporter did in that moment. Thanks for asking me to clarify. Hope this helps.
Baylor Dad in Va.
Saddle Up! said:

Baylor Dad in Va. said:

Saddle Up! said:

BylrFan said:

crazy how someone would ask trump about white nationalism during a moment for our baylor bears..

And reporters wonder why they have an approval rating in the same neighborhood as our politicians. That woman tried to turn our ladies into props for her question. Disgusting!
And what do your remarks and the other posters that want to talk about reporters have to do with Baylor basketball? Why do people insist on sticking politics into a basketball discussion. If you want to discuss politics why don't you take it someplace else. I'm here to talk about the lady bears

Thanks for your questions, Dad. I didn't broach the subject of the reporters, but someone else did, in response to PBS report on the WH visit, posted by gobears20. I actually think that the point being made is identical to your point. As for what it has to do with Baylor WBB, that's precisely the point of the discussion, based on the ridiculous question asked by the WH reporter, when they were supposed to be exiting, while our excellent young ladies were standing there, and being honored. Your point about inserting politics into a basketball discussion/moment is spot on, and precisely the point of the comments about what the reporter did in that moment. Thanks for asking me to clarify. Hope this helps.
I really didn't ask you to clarify at all. I should have been more straightforward and simply said that when you, following up to others, expressed your opinion about reporters and what questions they asked, you stated a political opinion of how they should do their job and it was off subject. It has nothing to do with Baylor basketball. You were no longer talking about Baylor women's basketball but about politics which everyone has a different view.
Saddle Up!
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

Saddle Up! said:

Baylor Dad in Va. said:

Saddle Up! said:

BylrFan said:

I really didn't ask you to clarify at all. I should have been more straightforward and simply said that when you, following up to others, expressed your opinion about reporters and what questions they asked, you stated a political opinion of how they should do their job and it was off subject. It has nothing to do with Baylor basketball. You were no longer talking about Baylor women's basketball but about politics which everyone has a different view.

I'll take one more pass at this, Dad. After that, if you still have an issue with me, and what I posted, then in addition to being baffled, we'll just have to agree to disagree, with no hard feelings on my end. I suppose the reality of this exchange is that you didn't want to hear my response, and your questions were purely rhetorical, which is fine. I made no political comment about the question the reporter asked, the nature or political bent of her question, whether I felt it was accurate, or whether I agree with the question, or oppose it. I was only expressing the opinion that the question had no place in an event honoring our fantastic team, coaches, and leadership, as well as the university as a whole. No political agenda at all. Just a belief that it had no place encroaching on the basketball moment, in the form of a political question. I thought that was your point, as well. Hope this helps, and we can go forward in our joint unbridled support of the Lady Bears.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.