Parade is Set For 6 PM Thursday

3,013 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bullydawg22
WacoKelly83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Parade-will-honor-BUs-national-championship-winning-Lady-Bears-508603171.html
gobears20
Staff
Well deserved!!

WACO, Texas (KWTX) A parade is scheduled at 6 p.m. Thursday to honor Baylor's Lady Bears for their NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament championship.

The parade, featuring team members and coaches, will proceed down Austin Avenue from 11th Street to 3rd Street.

After the parade, during a ceremony in front of City Hall, the city will present a proclamation and team members, university officials and city officials will speak.
The city hosted similar parades when the team won the national championship in 2005 and 2012.
Gold Tron
After most students have left for Easter break... There are no classes Friday or Monday. Most students will bolt after their last class. I hope we still get a decent turnout.
gobears20
Staff
ctxbear
Gold Tron said:

After most students have left for Easter break... There are no classes Friday or Monday. Most students will bolt after their last class. I hope we still get a decent turnout.
And Maundy Thursday services at churches during Holy Week.
I know scheduling can be difficult, especially during the spring, but this was bad planning.
willtalk
Kim is really serious about repeating next season. So much so that in order to get an early start on strength training, she will have her players push rather than ride in the vehicles during the upcoming parade. LOL.
MrGolfguy
Weather might actually cooperate; not 25+ north winds like the forecast said, just a nice light wind right now.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Bullydawg22
Anyone hear if this is televised?
slimecap
Bullydawg22 said:

Anyone hear if this is televised?

slimecap
YouTube

Bullydawg22
Thank you
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.