Former Bear Jackie Stiles hired as Asst Coach at Oklahoma

3,717 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by kenjily
MommaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26601858/stiles-leaving-missouri-st-join-oklahoma-staff

This should be interesting next year. Not quite sure why Jackie Stiles would want to work for Oklahoma now.

Brian Ethridge
Staff
MommaBear said:

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26601858/stiles-leaving-missouri-st-join-oklahoma-staff

This should be interesting next year. Not quite sure why Jackie Stiles would want to work for Oklahoma now.

Her alma mater screwed her over and hired someone instead of her and she was out of a job.
ctxbear
Every time I read her name I think, "Kramer's lawyer used to be a female college basketball player?"
Saddle Up!
Brian Ethridge said:

MommaBear said:

Her alma mater screwed her over and hired someone instead of her and she was out of a job.

The new coach actually wanted Jackie on her staff, and gave her first right of refusal to retain her job.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Saddle Up! said:

Brian Ethridge said:

MommaBear said:

The new coach actually wanted Jackie on her staff, and gave her first right of refusal to retain her job.
You never let the legend or runner up stay on staff internally. Externally, you can save face.
IslandBear
SaddleUP got it right. The new coach had a spot for Stiles on staff but she bolted for OU. I guess it would have been too awkward for the HC job applicant to hang around. Mizzou State did not screw over Stiles; they went with a candidate that had a proven record of success at the HEAD coach level.

While gaining more coaching experience at the D1 level, I wish Ms. Stiles success in her "Total Training" business and complete healing of her eye cancer.
jdrs
Wish her well, but not sure going to work and learn under Coale is going to help her too much. OU has been really unimpressive lately.
Saddle Up!
Jackie is an impressive, thoughtful, and well spoken young woman. The assistant job was definitely hers at MSU, had she wanted it, but I think it was a combination of being a bit hurt and disappointment, and resolve to correct what anybody might point to as a deficiency in future hiring scenarios. She is very disciplined and driven, so she's not going to take a passive posture at OU, and expect them to magically fix her. Honestly, had she not been hit by the eye cancer a few years ago, she would have already been further down the coaching career path. Regardless of her emotions following the MSU snub, she completely took the high road in a perfect and humble fashion, which actually turned up the heat on MSU from those who love her. A quality person, and I wish her well!
EasyE
How does Coale still have a job?
Johnny Bear
EasyE said:

How does Coale still have a job?
I thought she was going to be a goner after this season. Given their "standards" at OU, you have to wonder how many seasons of running the program into the ditch they're going to continue to allow.
REvansBU71
Jackie Chiles, and easy to be reminded of the other!
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
xiledinok
Coale has a job because of past performance and no desire to pay her off.

Iron Claw
Coale has earned the right to stay as long as she wants. She is an HOF coach (how she got in ahead of Mulkey I don't know). I hope she's there for years.

If the admin wants to push her out, I think they will create an administrative position of stature for her.
kenjily
Iron Claw said:

Coale has earned the right to stay as long as she wants. She is an HOF coach (how she got in ahead of Mulkey I don't know). I hope she's there for years.

If the admin wants to push her out, I <!>FileZilla UC Browser Rufus think they will create an administrative position of stature for her.
SaddleUP got it right. The new coach had a spot for Stiles on staff but she bolted for OU. I guess it would have been too awkward for the HC job applicant to hang around. Mizzou State did not screw over Stiles; they went with a candidate that had a proven record of success at the HEAD coach level.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.