Other Wbb recruiting

20,175 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Dcheetah
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oregon, UConn cleaning up recently. Skilledup predicted Evina Westbrook to UConn more than a month ago and it happened tonight. Oregon reported to be picking up another top 25 player this weekend (Ky player of yr?). Stanford with a great class. Oregon State has recruited great height and has a 6'9 player who is supposed to be really good. All their height and Destiny Slocum will be tough. Miss State picked up a raw but athletic 6'6 Juco and is hoping for Sidney Cook and Minyon Moore. Wbb will keep getting tougher in the years ahead. I look forward to seeing our ladies compete in this increasingly competitive environment.
No doubt Kim will have us ready.
TXtoCO
Good thing is that we are going to be REALLY good, even if we don't pick up a transfer. Moon, HSG, Egbo and DeCosta are going to have break-out seasons next season. We had some major talent riding the pine last season. I almost hope that we don't add any transfers so that we can develop the players that we have and have them ready for the NCAA playoffs.
Valkyrie
TXtoCO said:

Good thing is that we are going to be REALLY good, even if we don't pick up a transfer. Moon, HSG, Egbo and DeCosta are going to have break-out seasons next season. We had some major talent riding the pine last season. I almost hope that we don't add any transfers so that we can develop the players that we have and have them ready for the NCAA playoffs.
Yes, I share your thoughts.
Dcheetah
I think this is right on. Just wanted to start a thread listing other teams recruiting we may be interested in although I will be happy if we get a Pg too.
Dcheetah
Oregon just got another top guard today in Maddie Scherr.
That's 4 top guards this yr or next and 3 for 2020. That has to help with HVL. They will be tough.
HustleBear
I think it's safe to say HVL will not commit to Oregon.
Lone Star
Funny Oregon has all guards and no size in the upcoming years. They lose Ionesceu and Hebbard after this year and the Sebally sisters are wings with some size. Not sure what they are going to do with 6 guards next year. But, I guess the transfer portal really looks like a free agency market nowdays.

WacoKelly83
Sidney Cooks to MS State. I really like her style of play. Good one for Vic
HustleBear
Stephanie Watts (UNC grad-transfer) to USCw
Stryker
The rich get richer in women's college basketball. Not sure why, but there seems to be a handful of teams at the top that dominate recruiting. And, now with transfers becoming more frequent, they're also picking up the top talent from the next tier below. I can't complain too much because Baylor is one of the beneficiaries. But, I do wonder if it's good for the sport overall.
TXtoCO
Dcheetah said:

Oregon just got another top guard today in Maddie Scherr.
That's 4 top guards this yr or next and 3 for 2020. That has to help with HVL. They will be tough.
I would be thrilled if we landed HVL. She seems like a game changer.
TXtoCO
Dcheetah said:

I think this is right on. Just wanted to start a thread listing other teams recruiting we may be interested in although I will be happy if we get a Pg too.
Thanks for starting this thread!
Dcheetah
Mimi Collins (transfer from U. Tenn) signing with Maryland.
Dcheetah
Kylee Watson - 5 star forward - committed to Oregon. They are cleaning up and have Minyon Moore visiting this weekend.
lookin4awin
Valkyrie said:

TXtoCO said:

As this transfer policy plays out, there are going to be teams who rely on it too much and who will get punished for it by high school recruits. I think we need to stay on the conservative side with transfers, so that high school players don't think they will be beat out of a starting role their sophomore or junior year by a transfer.

No one can blame us for taking Jackson in the situation we were in after Morris's departure. As long as our recruiting out of high school stays where it is, I don't see Kim taking may transfers.
lookin4awin
lookin4awin said:

Valkyrie said:

TXtoCO said:

As this transfer policy plays out, there are going to be teams who rely on it too much and who will get punished for it by high school recruits. I think we need to stay on the conservative side with transfers, so that high school players don't think they will be beat out of a starting role their sophomore or junior year by a transfer.

No one can blame us for taking Jackson in the situation we were in after Morris's departure. As long as our recruiting out of high school stays where it is, I don't see Kim taking many transfers.

Eball
lookin4awin said:

Valkyrie said:

TXtoCO said:

No one can blame us for taking Jackson in the situation we were in after Morris's departure. As long as our recruiting out of high school stays where it is, I don't see Kim taking may transfers.

But remember that we took Jackson before we lost Morris...
TXtoCO
Eball said:

lookin4awin said:

Valkyrie said:

TXtoCO said:

We took Jackson thinking she would be a shooting guard. She only took over PG duties after Morris was kicked off the team.
Tyler Chamber
Bringing in Chloe was in part a prophetic move. A good head coach knows the blood pressure of her team at all times. She had indicators that Morris was a potential powder keg...Mulkey knew she could not wait until it blew up to go find some additional support. She had room on her roster and she made her move. That is the mark of a good leader. And Mulkey, unfortunately for Morris, was right. And therefore Mulkey was ready when it happened. And now she has another NC to show for it. That is real leadership. Good leaders always have a plan B.
BaylorBears_254
Honestly, although it may have been presented that way, we may have took Jackson because Mulkey saw what was coming and knew she'd have to dismiss her.

Or maybe she planned on playing them both, but I just didn't see it
Eball
We took Jackson because she wanted to come play here and she was an experienced and talented player. Kim made sure she was a fit but took her becasue she was looking at Juicy, Moon and Morris as her primary guards...ball handlers coming back...we were young and lacking in experience...I really doubt she was anticipating Morris situation, she was doing what any good coach does, will this make my team better...no doubt, it would and it did. Jackson provided depth just in case Morris did what she did or an injury. We need depth and more competition is not a bad thing.
EasyE
TXtoCO said:

Eball said:

lookin4awin said:

Valkyrie said:

TXtoCO said:

We took Jackson thinking she would be a shooting guard. She only took over PG duties after Morris was kicked off the team.

I believe Chloe filled the spot left by the departing Chou, did she not?
Eball
EasyE said:

TXtoCO said:

Eball said:

lookin4awin said:

Valkyrie said:

TXtoCO said:

I believe Chloe filled the spot left by the departing Chou, did she not?
Not exactly...we had 5 new freshman coming in and Trinity coming back from Injury so we had 12 roster spots ready to go even with Chou and her defection...when we took Jackson we went to 13 and only went back down to 12 as a result of us losing Morris...I doubt there was a conscious decision to replace Chou. Chou was a wing type spot of three shooter who slid inside some to play the 4...6'1-2'' player where as Chloe was a 1-2 player 5'8" used to playing with the ball and capable of scoring off the bounce not a three point shooter. They maybe both listed as guards but two completely different players and skill sets.

Now did Chou leaving give Kim more of a chance to consider Chou maybe so...if she had stayed not sure Kim would have taken Chloe as the 14th player on the roster...who knows.
geewago
Tyler Chamber said:

Bringing in Chloe was in part a prophetic move. A good head coach knows the blood pressure of her team at all times. She had indicators that Morris was a potential powder keg...Mulkey knew she could not wait until it blew up to go find some additional support. She had room on her roster and she made her move. That is the mark of a good leader. And Mulkey, unfortunately for Morris, was right. And therefore Mulkey was ready when it happened. And now she has another NC to show for it. That is real leadership. Good leaders always have a plan B.
Is this gospel fact or just theory ?
mimi25408
Minyon to Oregon
WacoKelly83
That's alot of guards headed to Oregon. HVL is certainly off their radar now. Right?
HustleBear
Smart move on her part. She will really help them out defensively.
Dcheetah
Their boards were saying 1 more PG from 2020 and it looks like they are looking at HVL and Caitlin Clark. Hoping for CC to Oregon if they get anyone else. Their 2020 commits will probably help recruit whomever Graves wants so I am hoping they want CC although really hoping they get neither.
mimi25408
Not sure how this affects Hvl scine Minyon is a grad transfer
Dcheetah
It doesn't. Hence their mods say they are looking for 1 more.
HustleBear
They're not getting either one. Though if was CC or HVL, I'd still strongly consider Oregon.
HustleBear
Sasha Goforth to Oregon State
ScottS
HustleBear said:

They're not getting either one. Though if was CC or HVL, I'd still strongly consider Oregon.

Doesn't Oregon have about 10 PGs?
HustleBear
Maybe so, but CC and HVL are better than any of them.
Dcheetah
Emily Bessoir of Germany to UCLA. She is very good.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.