Guster to Baylor

12,632 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by WacoKelly83
buildabear1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now hope Andrews follow.
BaylorBears_254
There goes our big. It's happening
zt1014
Big time news and great news for the Lady Bears!
HustleBear
Dcheetah, where ya at? Could there be more to come?
Dcheetah
I am so excited to have her aboard. She is a great player at a huge need and is good friends with Sarah Andrew's. She and Sarah both play for Proskills and just had a big weekend in Houston at the Queen of the South tourney. Anyway, Hannah coming aboard can only help with Sarah!

Please don't mistake me for a WBB recruiting guru. I just check a lot of websites for info and try to help keep the board active when there is not a lot going on.

Funny that I checked the board just after leaving work and no commits and on my ride home it happens! I am so pumped she will be a Baylor Lady Bear!!
Jacques Strap
Fantastic news. CKM gets players to the pros.
GarlandBear84
Good thing Gusters left Duncanville or she never would've chosen BU.
HustleBear
Dcheetah said:

I am so excited to have her aboard. She is a great player at a huge need and is good friends with Sarah Andrew's. She and Sarah both play for Proskills and just had a big weekend in Houston at the Queen of the South tourney. Anyway, Hannah coming aboard can only help with Sarah!

Please don't mistake me for a WBB recruiting guru. I just check a lot of websites for info and try to help keep the board active when there is not a lot going on.

Funny that I checked the board just after leaving work and no commits and on my ride home it happens! I am so pumped she will be a Baylor Lady Bear!!
I know how bad you wanted Gusters (plus Andrews) to be a Lady Bear. So I thought I'd play to your emotions a bit.
TXtoCO
WOW! Great news! I am thrilled to see the next "big" head to Baylor. She is in good "big" hands.
TXtoCO
Can she dunk?
fredbear
Would she play LCs last year, or the next?
BiPolarBear
fredbear said:

Would she play LCs last year, or the next?
LC's last year is 19/20. Hannah's freshman year will be 20/21.
Scout Bear
The 2020 class is talent rich. Kim has alluded to it several times. They have been working this class for years. It is why we took just one player this last class. The overall talent in 2020 is better than 2019.

Today the first domino fell.
Heart
Awesome!! That is big news!! Welcome to Hannah
HustleBear
Scout Bear said:

The 2020 class is talent rich. Kim has alluded to it several times. They have been working this class for years. It is why we took just one player this last class. The overall talent in 2020 is better than 2019.

How many does KM plan on taking in this class?
BiPolarBear
HustleBear said:

Scout Bear said:

We lose two players after 19/20 Lauren and Juicy. Coach likes to have about 12 players on her teams, like this year. IMO she will take 2 maybe 3 for the 20/21 yr.
BiPolarBear
BiPolarBear said:

HustleBear said:

Scout Bear said:

We lose two players after 19/20 Lauren and Juicy. Coach likes to have about 12 players on her teams, like this year. IMO she will take 2 maybe 3 for the 20/21 yr.
Unless the transfer/attrition bug hits our current roster.
slimecap
Scout Bear said:

Sarah Andrews, Jordyn Oliver & Hannah Gusters
DFW Bill
This past fall at a Tip Off Club Luncheon it was reported that Kim said "there were three types of players the Coaching Staff was looking to bring in" from the Class of 2020. A Post and a Point Guard seem rather obvious, not sure of the third type.

It could be one down and two to go, Scout Bear is correct on the dominos.

I sure like the player on the left in the picture above.
4th and Inches
DFW Bill said:

This past fall at a Tip Off Club Luncheon it was reported that Kim said "there were three types of players the Coaching Staff was looking to bring in" from the Class of 2020. A Post and a Point Guard seem rather obvious,
not sure of the third type.

It could be one down and two to go, Scout Bear is correct on the dominos.

I sure like the player on the left in the picture above.
3 pt shooter? Defensive stopper?
Chibears2
Me, too, DFWBill! Me, too...!
Baylor Dad in Va.
Welcome aboard Hannah Gusters. You are the first of what should be another elite recruiting class. Kim only takes the very best of the elite these days and you are one of the best!!
Scout Bear
That is the unpredictable one. Hard to read. Boy is she ever a great player.
Baylor Dad in Va.
slimecap said:

Scout Bear said:

Sarah Andrews, Jordyn Oliver & Hannah Gusters
That is some mighty fine talent in that picture. And as soon as Sarah commits to Baylor they will all be Bears.
BaylorBears_254
I think Baylors lands Andrews and HVL, Kim setting up a dominant backcourt for the future...

I see us taking 3-4 in the '20 class. Maybe another wing if we can get both Andrews and HVL.
BaylorBears_254
I sure hope we find another impact player like Didi in the coming classes tho
Hairy Bear
GarlandBear84 said:

Good thing Gusters left Duncanville or she never would've chosen BU.
You are correct...
lookin4awin
Is it that the Duncanville coaching staff just loves UT, or do they despise Baylor, or both? They sure do their girls a disservice for the future, if they encourage them to avoid Baylor.
BuinmyBlood
lookin4awin said:

Is it that the Duncanville coaching staff just loves UT, or do they despise Baylor, or both? They sure do their girls a disservice for the future, if they encourage them to avoid Baylor.
...and even worse, they "steer" them to Texas - The Black Hole of the Big 12 - where great players go, never to be heard from again...
CNC
So Sarah Andrews a true PG? Is Jordyn Oliver a 2-guard? Can she play point?
I guess the current roster doesn't have a true PG in waiting, although several could play the position?

I'm very excited about Hannah committing to Baylor. CKM kept saying during the Final Four how important qualities Bigs are in her system and that she loves to recruit them.
ScottS
Is the thinking that Andrews is sure to follow?
WacoKelly83
Shhh. Nothing's sure. I wonder how much Cooper's decision will effect Van Lith and/or Andrews?
BaylorBears_254
Why would it? She'd only be here for 1 year and the others don't come until after that year. So no
WacoKelly83
My mistake. I thought she had two years of eligibility left.
Bone Squad
Very excited to see another elite post player, and she will have some time to develop playing with and practicing against Queen and Nalyssa.

I would be surprised if we landed Van Lith. I think the Oregon schools have a big leg up on everyone else to get her. Similarly, I think Baylor and UT have the best shot at Andrews (and if she has been paying any attention the last few years, the choice between those should be an easy one).
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.