Next Commit

15,514 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ScottS
buildabear1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
honestly we beat ourselves, Kim did not commit to defending the three-point line as much as she did this year. I guess she learned something.
Dcheetah
This and we missed a ton of shots right at the rim that game.
EasyE
HoustonBear15 said:

EasyE said:

3 travels
They're only travels when they're called by the ref

Yep. Not sure when they stopped calling traveling when a player picks up the pivot foot.
buildabear1
Agreed.
BaylorBearWBBFan
I think UConn is likely out of the picture with Bueckers and Muhl, which is a good sign.

I think Oregon prefers Clark, and they only have one scholarship left. They also recruited a 2020 PG already.

I don't think ND was really recruiting her heavily, they also seem to prefer Clark.

UCLA has Osborne and Owens, so I hope they're out.

Would not be surprised to see a Baylor - Oregon State battle for HVL. Oregon State will still have Slocum and Goodman when she is a freshman, but when she is a sophomore, they have no other PG on the roster and just two guards (Oh, and Kennedy Brown at the 3 HA).

We will have HSG and Landrum when she is a freshman, but will be interesting to see where HSG's future is.
Jacques Strap
She looks like a fantastic player. Hope she comes to BU.
TXtoCO
I watched some of the 3X3 play and HVL looks a bit slow to me. I'll take Andrews any day of the week.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
TXtoCO said:

I watched some of the 3X3 play and HVL looks a bit slow to me. I'll take Andrews any day of the week.
we have so many great athletes on Baylor's wbb team. I think an ultra skilled point guard like Hailey would be ideal. Would be nice to get both.
slimecap

(Center) HVL

Hailey van Lith was named MVP of the FIBA 3x3 U18 World Cup 2019
in Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia) on June 07, 2019. She was joined on the Team of The Tournament by her teammate Rickea Jackson and New Zealand's Charlisse Leger-Walker.

Hailey van Lith earned MVP honours after guiding USA to a new gold medal at the FIBA 3x3 U18 World Cup. The 3x3 rising star played a key role in USA women's 4th U18 World Cup title finishing the event with 36 points overall.

- www.fiba.basketball
HustleBear
Personally I think Andrews to Baylor and HVL to OSU.
Dcheetah
Hope you are wrong. Hailey seems like a Baylor recruit in that there is extremely limited current info about her recruitment similar to other recruits Baylor is recruiting closely. Other Oregon, OSU recruits have plenty of current info and recruiting updates. It could just be her desire not to let it out. I am hoping her silence is an indication that Mulkey wants it quiet. Kind of like using the ocean buoys to locate a ship in the movie Battleship...Guess we'll find out - who knows when.
atxtraveler
Don't count the Lady Vols out of HVL just yet. Kellie (Jolly) Harper won 3 national championships as a player at Tennessee...
Chibears2
3x3 usually dictates participants be good athletes. No where to hide slow feet...
Dcheetah
Havent seen anything indicating they are looking at her. So you have other info? Vols are definitely rebuildiing if she is looking for a Natl Championship. Jordan Horston as a soph or Jr might also be an impediment.
atxtraveler
I was just at their camp and yes they are.
Dcheetah
Thx. Hope they strike out. How did your daughter do at camp?
HustleBear
atxtraveler said:

Don't count the Lady Vols out of HVL just yet. Kellie (Jolly) Harper won 3 national championships as a player at Tennessee...
Please no!
willtalk
While it is certainly true that Kim's record for development is stellar, do not underestimate either Scott Rueck or the Oregon St program. The distance between the top programs and the second tier is shrinking if not already have disappeared. The Oregon schools are on the rise and the result will be that many of the players in the Pacific Northwest and California will begin to stay on the West Coast. The rise of the Pac 12 is a testament to that already.

Add good coaching and rising programs to the West Coast environment and it is quite a draw. I told the people on the Beavers site that I thought that Goforth would pick Oregon St and she did. Anyone who has been to North West Arkansas would recognize that the landscape is very much like Oregon minus the humidity. Unless Hailey sees the program at Baylor having a big advantage over Oregon St, It's location gives the advantage to Oregon St. That is unless she is tired of rain. One plus for Baylor is that it is not that close between her home town and Corvallis. About a 6 hour drive. Not close enough for the home folks to run up and see every game.
Chibears2
I do agree the gap is closing, and I concur the PAC 12 is perhaps the toughest conference top to bottom, something I never imagined saying 5 or so years ago. But I still think that comparatively, having had as many kids drafted as we have had lately has to be a consideration, and a point in our favor. Maybe not enough, but at least a point....

In the long run, what I think doesn't influence prospects a hoot, so it is just wait and see for me.
HustleBear
I agree with darn near everything you said.

What's funny is that both Oregon schools have been doing a really good job recruiting nationally.
ScottS
We just won the natty and they are in the toilet. No way we should lose that battle.
Scout Bear
That a boy, Scott! Stand your ground!
Dcheetah
Can we expect any more commits before the fall?
ScottS
Still wondering who is next
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.