Baylor Head Coaches w/10+ years or more - Kim Mulkey

2,734 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Osodecentx
bowdedg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bunation
...and there are many more like our incomparable Coach Grant Teaff.

Others: Morley Jennings, Mickey Sullivan, Matt Knoll, Bill Henderson

(Click to see Scott Drew)
Task Force 2015
How about Scott Drew?
Big Bear
And Dutch Schroeder!!!
Meladee
Task Force 2015 said:

How about Scott Drew?

Drew is on there.

These seem to be Active Coaches.
slimecap
Big Bear said:

And Dutch Schroeder!!!
Coach Schroeder taught me badminton at Russell Gym. It was one of my favorite classes at Baylor because of him. Through the years, I have mentioned Coach Schroeder to folks when they ask me why I feel so proud to have received my diploma from Baylor.

Coach made a PE elective course into a training laboratory for lifelong lessons. One of the best lessons was focus on the moment ... don't spend energy being concerned about the last shot or anticipating the next shot. This coaching allowed me to clear my mind and "slow down" the shuttle speed so I could make a more accurate swing for the current serve. This generic philosophy helped my ability to focus through the years as I tackled my day-to-day tasks at work.
Heart
slimecap said:

Big Bear said:

And Dutch Schroeder!!!
Coach Schroeder taught me badminton at Russell Gym. It was one of my favorite classes at Baylor because of him. Through the years, I have mentioned Coach Schroeder to folks when they ask me why I feel so proud to have received my diploma from Baylor.

Coach made a PE elective course into a training laboratory for lifelong lessons. One of the best lessons was focus on the moment ... don't spend energy being concerned about the last shot or anticipating the next shot. This coaching allowed me to clear my mind and "slow down" the shuttle speed so I could make a more accurate swing for the current serve. This generic philosophy helped my ability to focus through the years as I tackled my day-to-day tasks at work.

I love this, slimecap
Big Bear
I had a couple of coaching classes under him, one being fundamental baseball. When I graduated my first coaching job was head basketball, head baseball and asst. football at 2A school(3year under new classification). I got the job around mid-March and I asked him if he had time to give some private baseball coaching tips, etc. I immediately replied in the positive and we met in his office or in the Union Building 2 or 3 times a week until graduation. Usually met for 30 min. to an hour. He is a great gentlemen. He was the glue of the Baylor Letterman's Assn. when it first began. He and I worked together several years back trying to locate lettermen so we could send them info about joining. His health is not very good. He is about 96-97 years old. Love the dude.
bunation
Met him while a camper at Baylor Camp. Always quick with his encouragement. And that smile.
Osodecentx
How many of those did Tom Stanton hire?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.