Te'a Cooper is a Lady Bear

38,908 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by slimecap
bowdedg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OsoCoreyell
Wow. Another swoop from the SEC to run the point at BU. That's a STRONG backcourt for BU.
bowdedg

OsoCoreyell
Will Dwight Howard show up at our BBall games?
Heart
Excited to have her!!
Bone Squad
Our last graduate transfer hit the game winning shot for a national championship.

No pressure!
Eball
This is great news!
Hairy Bear
Good news indeed!
blueeyedbear
Welcome to Baylor Te'a Cooper - This is good news for everyone - Baylor WBB, Te'a, Kim and Baylor - talked to her - stop worrying people she is good people and she going to fit in just fine - in fact she already has with her new teammates - she has been busting at the seams to tell someone/everyone for several days now.
Even better news coming - Erin's mother showed me a photo of Erin showing her release papers from Tech.
She is on her way too.
HustleBear
OsoCoreyell said:

He still plays in the NBA.
OsoCoreyell
HustleBear said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Yes, I know. But aren't they dating?
Meladee
OsoCoreyell said:

HustleBear said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Engaged. I imagine he might make a game or two if his NBA schedule allows it
Chibears2
Excited to hear this! Will help our team be even stronger! Young'uns can continue to develop and work into the rotation.
Meladee
blueeyedbear said:

Welcome to Baylor Te'a Cooper - This is good news for everyone - Baylor WBB, Te'a, Kim and Baylor - talked to her - stop worrying people she is good people and she going to fit in just fine - in fact she already has with her new teammates - she has been busting at the seams to tell someone/everyone for several days now.
Even better news coming - Erin's mother showed me a photo of Erin showing her release papers from Tech.
She is on her way too.
Cool, was just going to ask about this.
DanaDane
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

HSG will be good before she graduates but now she will have time to learn as she plays rotation minutes. We have a legit shot at repeating with Cooper on board!!!!!'
Jacques Strap
Summer session 2 classes started today. I was wondering if this would break when classes picked back up. Is she on campus in classes?
blueeyedbear
Yes that's why CKM was able to make the announcement
HustleBear
OsoCoreyell said:

HustleBear said:

OsoCoreyell said:

What Meladee said.
BUbackerinET
Reminds me of the Chloe Jackson transfer, and I'd say that worked out pretty good, huh...
GarlandBear84
I just hope this doesn't trigger a young one to transfer.
OsoCoreyell
HustleBear said:

OsoCoreyell said:

HustleBear said:

OsoCoreyell said:

What Meladee said.
Cool!
greatdivide
TXtoCO
GarlandBear84 said:

I just hope this doesn't trigger a young one to transfer.
It's awfully late to start looking elsewhere. If they can't beat out Cooper for playing time then maybe it's best that they transfer now.
bawitdaball
Jacques Strap said:

Summer session 2 classes started today. I was wondering if this would break when classes picked back up. Is she on campus in classes?
Yes. She can't comment until they are enrolled and begin classes...which was today. She has been on campus for a bit. Expect another announcement soon.
Chibears2
I don't think a young one who can't beat out Tea needs to transfer. She's gone after this year. We were light on upperclassmen and now classes more balanced. As juniors, the young ones won't be young ones but mature players ready to lead.
ctxbear
It appears that she, like Chloe before her, will be entering Baylor's Truett Seminary in the fall.
TXtoCO
Chibears2 said:

I don't think a young one who can't beat out Tea needs to transfer. She's gone after this year. We were light on upperclassmen and now classes more balanced. As juniors, the young ones won't be young ones but mature players ready to lead.
Good point. Hang in there young 'ens! You'll be big 'ens soon enough, although you may have to beat out another graduate transfer next season.
HustleBear
Let's be real about this folks. KM isn't bringing in TC as insurance. She's coming to be the starting PG. So unless one of the youngsters take it to whole another level. Somebody will be left with hurt feelings. That's just how it is at a place like Baylor. You're either getting better or getting left behind. Cause the talent won't stop coming!
Chibears2
No, Te'a not insurance, but I also don't think it's a given there will be another transfer next year. Our young ones will be more mature and battle tested, but I think it's also expected there will be some rule changes that stem the free flow of transfers, though it remains to be seen if graduate transfers are affected.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Whoever is the PG will get plenty of time with Te'a on the court. If they want to transfer instead of compete, then it will surprise me. There will always be competition for the starting position. Nothing is given.
setshot
Mulkey is recruiting the top two point guards in the 2020 class, and no current player is likely to be better than either of them, should she be successful in gaining a commitment. I think that she sees Grayson as a SG, and Jordan Oliver probably belongs in that category as well, though she may be a hybrid guard.

Cooper should be a very welcome addition to the team, as will Erin DeGrate, who should announce her transfer soon.
slimecap
Alexis Morris is the vacated player on the roster that Te'a Cooper is replacing. Morris would have been a junior this year on the Baylor team. The 2018 Class of Freshman 5 knew that Morris was a Baylor team member prior to their signing of the NLI in 2017. Unless Morris became injured, the expectation was that she would consume major minutes on the court in her junior year.
Chibears2
Good point, Slime! Regardless, upcoming year should be fun. Other teams making commitments and upping resources are going to keep sharpening the women's game. Will make it exciting for those who follow it!
Wichitabear
Me too. Gotta keep that good attitude. I'm sure Mulkey is watching this closely.
57Bear
BUbackerinET said:

Reminds me of the Chloe Jackson transfer, and I'd say that worked out pretty good, huh...
Worked out pretty good for Chloe, as well. She responded to coaching; she worked hard; she earned it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.