Who are we recruiting in Atlanta?

6,656 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by slimecap
Old300Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Or is it a tournament? How many will we take besides the transfers?
I know Andrews and Van Lith. What other names should I know?
Fred Barber
BuinmyBlood
Perhaps more importantly, who's Sytia Messer visiting in Bangkok, Thailand??
Old300Bear
Hayley Van Lith is on the Under 19 team with Queen Egbo.
Fred Barber
Dcheetah
I was guessing a tournament but only tournament now is Peach Jam in Augusta SC. Now it is only a 2hour drive to Augusta from Atlanta. Maybe Priscilla Williams? Dalayah Daniels? Not sure on other names.
Old300Bear
Thank you.
Fred Barber
Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/ProSkillsGBB

ProSkillsGBB in the building at #AtlantaLive showing love and owning the courts

She is watching Sarah Andrews and maybe others
BUbackerinET
Excuse my ignorance, but who or what does GBB stand for?
GrizBear
BUbackerinET said:

Excuse my ignorance, but who or what does GBB stand for?

Girls basketball
skilledup
Dcheetah said:

I was guessing a tournament but only tournament now is Peach Jam in Augusta SC. Now it is only a 2hour drive to Augusta from Atlanta. Maybe Priscilla Williams? Dalayah Daniels? Not sure on other names.

Girls EYBL is over already and the girls don't play in Augusta anymore. There is a live viewing in Atlanta and another in DC
slimecap
Old300Bear said:

Or is it a tournament?
ATL Peach Splash
Grassroots Girls Basketball Tournament July 20-22 in Atlanta GA

jumpinjoe
Don't see a BU on that board, other than one listed in red, which must be Boston University.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Chibears2
Didn't see BU either, but saw West Virginia on there like 4 times, along with a few others.
slimecap
jumpinjoe said:

Don't see a BU on that board, other than one listed in red, which must be Boston University.
One possibility could be that Kaylin was not preregistered for the event ...
the hosts call it the "preregistered college coaches wall".

Brian Ethridge
Staff
slimecap said:

jumpinjoe said:

Do you really need to put your name on a wall when you wear the ring that says it all?
slimecap

Grassroots Girls Basketball Tournament July 23-25 in Atlanta GA
Over 5000 players, 500 teams, & 500 coaches. 50 courts under 1 roof.
Meladee
Brian Ethridge said:

slimecap said:

jumpinjoe said:

Do you really need to put your name on a wall when you wear the ring that says it all?

https://giphy.com/gifs/mic-d0NnEG1WnnXqg
slimecap

jumpinjoe
If that was the deciding sign that , say, HVL was looking for to make her final decision, then yes it's important for it to be up there.

Anything might influence girls. They do not make decisions based on the same criteria as you and I do.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Chibears2
I don't think HVL would make a decision based on whether our logo was on a sign in Atlanta, especially since she's in Thailand, where we had a coach there in a bright gold Baylor shirt!
jumpinjoe
My supposition was obviously a hypothetical one since we all know she is representing the USA now.

Since you want to speak for her, what deciding criteria will make up her mind? Guessing not allowed.
Chibears2
Jumpin' Joe, don't be pissy. You jumped in on Brian's post, remember? No intention of butting heads. Didn't know if you knew Messer was there and put smiley face to show not poking you. But since you asked, I DO feel pretty confident that such a highly sought after recruit would not make her decision based on a sticker or absence of said sticker, at some tournament. She's not a five year old and females can make decisions about their future based on more than just a logo or being constantly stroked. Hopefully, Van Lith is such a person and hopefully she will decide to pursue her education at our top notch university while playing for one of the top coaches in America on a team with other young women who have won a national championship.
slimecap

War Games 28.5
One of the Most Competitive Invite Only Events on the Girls Travel Ball Circuit.
July 21-22, 2019 in Atlanta GA
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Chibears2 said:

I don't think HVL would make a decision based on whether our logo was on a sign in Atlanta, especially since she's in Thailand, where we had a coach there in a bright gold Baylor shirt!
Baylor did send a coach to Bangkok, so maybe the Lady Bear staff was being financially prudent by not buying the piece of paper for the wall.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
slimecap said:

War Games 28.5
One of the Most Competitive Invite Only Events on the Girls Travel Ball Circuit.
July 21-22, 2019 in Atlanta GA

Alphabetical order, but missing from the C for Champions line...
slimecap

Posted on twitter 2 March 2019
slimecap

Dcheetah
Game never came off. Proskills didn't play and replaced by another team. Anyone know why?
Dcheetah
Dp
slimecap
Jan 16, 2019

slimecap
PRISCILLA WILLIAMS
Class of 2020

The 6-foot-3 Williams plays a guard position but she's one of the most versatile players in the country. At the Nike EYBL event in Louisville last week, Williams showed off that versatility. She had several double-double games for the Missouri Phenom and was one of the top players in the event.

Williams mentioned Louisville, Missouri, Syracuse, Baylor, Mississippi State and "several others." She said she had an idea of the five schools that would make her final five listing, but wasn't going to make it public until late July.

"I have an idea," she said. "But I am not going to say anything right now."

Prior to the EYBL event in Louisville, Williams made an unofficial visit to U of L's campus. She said it was the first time she had been on campus for anything except "just driving through and looking around."

"I for sure like them and I like the way they run their program," Williams said. "They are just so down-to-earth. They don't act like they want to be your best friend. They said if I come to Louisville, they will make me the best basketball player I can be. I like seeing all of the players over the years they have put into the next level." During the visit earlier this month to U of L, Williams said she was "very impressed" with the facilities at Louisville.

She said she will make all five of her official visits and when asked if Louisville would get one, Williams said "I like them a lot."

- Excerpts from a 16 July 2019 article by Jody Deming, Inside the Ville
DFW Bill
Slimecap.......... Thanks for the Treasure Hunt & Priscilla Williams information. One of these two players
will hopefully be in Waco for four years. They are the top two shooting guards in the Class of 2020.
Dcheetah
Do you know if we are actively recruiting Treasure? Kind of thought she might be Vol bound since I saw her Mom posting there.
slimecap
DFW Bill said:

Slimecap.......... Thanks for the Treasure Hunt & Priscilla Williams information.
Hi DFW Bill, You are welcome!
26 July 2019 Update on another player you have mentioned: Kamilla Cardoso

slimecap
Update NCAA Rules for July evaluation

13.02.10 Recruiting-Person Days Women's Basketball. In women's basketball, a recruiting-person day is defined as one coach engaged in an off-campus recruiting activity of a women's basketball prospective student-athlete on one day (12:01 a.m. to midnight); two coaches engaged in recruiting activities on the same day shall use two recruiting-person days. Women's basketball staff members shall not exceed 112 recruiting-person days year (measured August 1 through July 31). A coach's involvement in off-campus recruiting activities during the July evaluation periods does not count toward the limitation.
(Adopted: 4/28/05 effective 8/1/05, Revised: 1/8/07 effective 8/1/07, 3/27/07, 5/9/08, 1/19/13 effective 8/1/13, 4/26/17, 4/26/17 effective 8/1/17)

- NCAA Division I Manual 2017-18 effective August 1, 2017, page 95
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.