2020 Recruiting Chart

30,549 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by slimecap
BaylorBearWBBFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've seen recruiting charts used on a few other forums, so I figured why not try one out for Baylor:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RNEn_I6zFbKzLzaD6Q6aAsLmiRQ_Kz2d0SxWCSjwlaY/edit?usp=sharing

Green = committed
Yellow = a top target
Grey = likely a secondary target

Please let me know any players to add, and if you disagree with color coordination for a certain player.
uglytobone
Thanks for putting that together.
ScottS
Wanna add a column indicating the player's rank in the class?
bunation
Thx!
BaylorBearWBBFan
Done!
WacoKelly83
Jada Malone?
slimecap
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

I've seen recruiting charts used on a few other forums, so I figured why not try one out for Baylor:
BaylorBearWBBFan, Appreciate the chart very much !
Chibears2
Great info all in one place.
baylor1984
WacoKelly83 said:

Jada Malone?
class of 2021
WacoKelly83
Thanks
Dcheetah
Do you know if we are actively recruiting anyone you have listed in the gray list?
BaylorBearWBBFan
I don't.

Leilani Kapnius tore her ACL, so there hasn't been many updates regarding her recruitment, except that Baylor was a part of her top-15. I take it as a sign there has definitely been interest, and perhaps an offer, but until she narrows it down to 5-8 finalists, we won't really know.

Dalayah Daniels is another who is a bit of a mystery recruit. An ESPN article went out a while ago and said Texas, Stanford, UConn, Oregon, and Oregon State were her "at-the-moment" top-5, but since then there was a picture of her with a ton of logos of offers/interest and Baylor was among them, so I assume there is some form of interest. She also plays AAU with Van Lith.

Treasure Hunt will likely narrow her list down sooner rather than later, but I wouldn't be shocked if we were or were not a part of it.
slimecap
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Please let me know any players to add
Skimming thru my old bookmatks, I came across
2020 Chanielyn "Bebe" Galloway
PF
Ball High School in Galveston TX

---------------------------------------------
UPDATE 30 Apr 2018
Received offer from Illinois University
Dcheetah
Thx for the reply. I've seen Treasures Mom post on the Vol board with a Vol username so I suspect they may be a favorite. However was reported here that she visited last fall so you never know.
BUbackerinET
HVL has been listed at 5'9" on other threads and websites
slimecap
I have received several inquiries about 2020 Jordyn Merritt from Plano TX. In my web readings over the past few years I have not seen a media twitter/article that links Baylor recruiting & Jordyn Merritt. She released her Final 8 today. No BIG 12 teams are listed.

BuinmyBlood
...and, other than Tennessee, no perennial powers... Not criticizing. Just noting...
Dcheetah
Looks like she wants the SEC or at least the Southeast.
slimecap
BuinmyBlood said:

...and, other than Tennessee, no perennial powers... Not criticizing. Just noting...

I thought the Army West Point logo was interesting. Many career doors would open for Jordyn with a degree from the Academy.
jumpinjoe
HVL is a do everything guard, so what does CG mean? No point guard or shooting guard.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
BU71
jumpinjoe said:

HVL is a do everything guard, so what does CG mean? No point guard or shooting guard.
Combo Guard
BaylorBearWBBFan
A few notes:
- Dalayah Daniels released her top-6, and no BU (not much of a surprise), so I took her off.
- Priscilla Williams will announce her top-5 tomorrow (would expect BU on it).
BaylorBearWBBFan
Taking of Priscilla Williams who announced her top-5: Mississippi State, Florida State, Louisville, SMU, and Syracuse.
Dcheetah
No BU. That is very surprising and disappointing. Skilledup indicated she was the one to watch. Only 2 really top programs on that list and SMU is a bit of a shocker.

Also, that is Stanford not Syracuse so that is 3 top teams.
BaylorBearWBBFan
Dcheetah said:

No BU. That is very surprising and disappointing. Skilledup indicated she was the one to watch. Only 2 really top programs on that list and SMU is a bit of a shocker.

Also, that is Stanford not Syracuse so that is 3 top teams.
https://instagr.am/p/B1CAf8bnda_

Pretty sure its Syracuse. Raoul on twitter also said Syracuse, and Stanford's "S" has a tree through the middle of it typically.
Dcheetah
You are right, it is Syracuse. I read through a few of the replies on her twitter posting. The listing I saw looked like a big red S and I've seen Stanford represented both ways with and without the tree. Anyway, disappointed not to even make her final 5. Still not to sure Treasure Hunt is looking too seriously at us so I'm not sure what the priority will be at this last spot.
bawitdaball
I have no inside info, but I have to wonder if she still (or ever did) have a standing offer from Baylor. Appears we are high up on the previous two, you have to wonder if she maybe had a conditional offer or if an official offer never came. Either way, best of luck to her - I"m ready for another commit to claim their spot as part of our class!
BaylorBearWBBFan
Just a few weeks ago she did say Baylor was among the schools recruiting her the most, so I sort of expected BU to be a part of her top-5.

Can only hope Andrews or Van Lith is next.
slimecap
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Not an add, but an Information update
2020 Jewel Spear

"Had a great time at Baylor today!"
- Jewel Spear twitter feed, 3 Dec 2017

- Jewel Spear twitter feed, 21 May 2019
TXtoCO
I like Spear's game. Great passer and finishes with her left and right hand.
Dcheetah
I thought we had quit recruiting her. Not sure on that though.
slimecap
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Grey = likely a secondary target
2020 HARMONI TURNER

August 6, 2019

July 23, 2019

WacoKelly83
Has Deja Kelly committed yet? I know she is friends with Prince and was thought to be heading to Oregon at one time.
slimecap
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

2020 SAHARA JONES

Fan forum member mimi25408 posted on Jan 5 that Sahara attended the UConn game at the Ferrell Center. Sahara is listed as undeclared on HoopGurlz. Her San Antonio club ball is same organization as NaLyssa Smith & Sammie Wagner. One of my bookmarks shows that she has been offered by Kansas, Texas, Texas A&M & Texas Tech. I have not seen a Top 5 interest release this summer.

TABC 5A All-State in 2019. TABC 4A All-State in 2018.
"Athletic guard drives and attacks the defense, draws contact and earns points at the stripe; mid-range game threat with emerging deep threat; flourishes in transition game with superior back court size. Athletic guard manufactures, delivers off the dribble, brings smooth floor game to the back court; pressures the defense with offensive arsenal that yields results; among the elite guards in the class of 2020." - Evaluation by Dan Olson
slimecap
WacoKelly83 said:

Has Deja Kelly committed yet?
No. Word on the street is that Deja has a Notre Dame official visit during the Sept 28 weekend.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.