Down goes another Longhorn

4,427 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chibears2
PapaBear6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://texassports.com/news/2019/8/1/tiffany-jackson-steps-down-as-womens-basketball-assistant-coach.aspx
DFW Bill
Tiffany's father was the driving force behind creating DFW Elite. Odyssey Sims started playing for DFW Elite as an 8th grader before entering Irving MacArthur and played for that team every summer before attending Baylor. There are many young women that obtained college degrees as a result of playing for DFW Elite. Mr Jackson did this after Tiffany was at Texas.
Chibears2
Yes, he really seemed to have a passion around that team and the young ladies who went through his program. I remember when he passed... it affected a lot of people in the circuit. Good of you to remember him here.
slimecap

One name bubbling Taj McWilliams-Franklin

Chibears2
Taj was one of my favorite players in the WNBA not on the Comets. The only thing I wonder is if she is readily recognizable to the current generation of incoming recruits. I bet she would be a good addition, though.
blueeyedbear
Interesting that Sedona Prince transfers to Oregon and now Tiffany Jackson is moving on. Tiffany was instrumental in Sedona's and Collier's recruitment. I was really concerned when UT announced that Tiffany joined KA staff - she obviously has good coaching skills as evidenced by the video posted by PapaBear 6 and we all saw first hand the quality player she was @ UT and with her WNBA record I feared she was going to cause Kim to lose a lot of big's to UT.
I would love to know what the real reason for her leaving is - she has too much of a fire in her belly to walk away from coaching. KA 's comments were brief and subliminally terse even for her.
Old300Bear
This is just like a football coach changing coordinators when he gets in trouble. Aston is buying time .
Fred Barber
Meladee
Old300Bear said:

This is just like a football coach changing coordinators when he gets in trouble. Aston is buying time .
There may come a day soon that Aston finally gets fired for utter incompetence and we may have to deal with them hiring a decent new coach. Until then, let's enjoy that dumpster fire in Austin.

Best of luck to Tiffany Jackson. She deserved better than to work for Aston.
blueeyedbear
Meladee said:

Old300Bear said:

There may come a day soon that Aston finally gets fired for utter incompetence and we may have to deal with them hiring a decent new coach. Until then, let's enjoy that dumpster fire in Austin.

Best of luck to Tiffany Jackson. She deserved better than to work for Aston.
Right on Meladee ! We all should hope KA has a good season this year so UT does not go out and hire a real women's basketball coach.
slimecap
blueeyedbear said:

I would love to know what the real reason for her leaving is - she has too much of a fire in her belly to walk away
"She's always been a fighter. One of the toughest players I know."

Tiffany Jackson-Jones comes back from breast cancer to inspire defending WNBA champions
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/tiffany-jackson-jones-sparks-wnba
Chibears2
I'm pretty sure she drove around the Oscar Meyer Weiner mobile for a bit after she graduated. Unless I have her confused with another Texas post.
Chibears2
Thanks to a quite knowledgeable poster, I am corrected an d reminded that it was Cokie Reed who was the driver of the infamous Weiner mobile! The older I get, the more the memory slips! Thanks for the assist, SC!
WacoKelly83
Any chance they hire the "retired" Duncanville coach? Wouldn't be surprised if that happens.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Chibears2 said:

Thanks to a quite knowledgeable poster, I am corrected an d reminded that it was Cokie Reed who was the driver of the infamous Weiner mobile! The older I get, the more the memory slips! Thanks for the assist, SC!
I think that growler on the deck will do that to me.
Chibears2
Broke out my BU flags to fly on deck, in recognition of fall camp starting. Other Chibears2 celebrated with a glass of the newly acquired Balcones FROAK. As summer is winding down, the island is quieter and the sunsets gorgeous. Football is just around the corner and the Astros are closing strong. Life is good...!!!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Chibears2 said:

Broke out my BU flags to fly on deck, in recognition of fall camp starting. Other Chibears2 celebrated with a glass of the newly acquired Balcones FROAK. As summer is winding down, the island is quieter and the sunsets gorgeous. Football is just around the corner and the Astros are closing strong. Life is good...!!!
Post Labor Day is the best time. October and April almost perfection.
Meladee
Chibears2 said:

What Island are you on? Are you the one near Destin?
Chibears2
Nope. One near Houston! Have house way on west end of Galveston. Small fishing community. But there IS another Bear household in here (and for some miraculous reason, our water is currently very clear and blue and seaweed on beaches minimal), so while not Destin, perfectly happy here!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.