Tickets to attend Kalani Brown/Alexis Jones game w/Baylor fans

2,355 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Chibears2
What was the deal with Kalani tonight? Saw DNP-coach's decision in box score. Was she injured? If not, stinks she would be held out of a game that was promoted for Baylor fans to see Kalani and Alexis....
willtalk
The reason that Brown is not getting minutes is because she is at the bottom of the post depth chart behind Parker, both Ogwumikes and Vadeeva. She got minutes earlier in the year because Parker and Vadeeva were not available. because of injuries. Now Parker has not played well recently, but she has a rep so the coach still gives her around 30 min a game. This leaves about 20 min for both Cheney and Vadeeva. Vadeeva has been playing really well but she still only gets about 11 minutes a game. Right now most Sparks fans are upset that Vadeeva is not getting more minutes. Brown is a rookie and also makes rookie mistakes. There just are not enough minutes for her to even get into the line-up. More than likely, baring injuries, she will not get much floor time the rest of the season.

Actually, Jones only got 7 minutes herself. The reality is that it is hard to get minutes for reserves unless you are dealing with a blowout. Now it was expected that the Sparks should have blown out the Wings, but it turned out to be a really close game. In fact, Dallas, under the circumstances had no business not getting soundly beat. Under those circumstances, a team is not going to give game time to their last post player just to please the fans.
Chibears2
Brown has been performing better, though, with her increased minutes. And as your number one draft choice, it looks like you would work at least some on player development, as a number one draft pick is somewhat an investment.

But as an early fan of the WNBA (I actually started watching college ball so I would have an idea of who was being drafted by the WNBA teams), I understand what you are saying. There aren't a lot of minutes for those on end of bench. Hard to make a team, and harder still to find playing time. Still, I think it was a poor decision to not find 60 seconds to put Kalani in to at least get an ovation from the Baylor crowd attending primarily because the Sparks with their former Bears were playing.
TXWayne
Chibears2 said:

Still, I think it was a poor decision to not find 60 seconds to put Kalani in to at least get an ovation from the Baylor crowd attending primarily because the Sparks with their former Bears were playing.
Yea, four of us made the one plus hour trip in rush hour traffic over to see the game last night. Got to see the UT and Notre Dame alums play but no Kalani, kind of disappointing. Game was not bad as it got a bit chippy at times and I believe there was more than one technical called.
slimecap

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.