HSG dismissed

19,093 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Grizz Air
Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Honest Scott-Grayson dismissed from team, violation team rules...just announced via twitter. I just hate this...
hitmanmw
Unbelievable...
BUBBFAN
Must have been something pretty serious.
HoustonBear15
Something must've happened over the weekend because she was with the team on Friday for their team building activity.
blueeyedbear
BUBBFAN said:

Must have been something pretty serious.
Oh my - Dejavu all over again !! They say things are cyclable but two years in a row !?!
BaylorBears_254
Welp, it happens. I feel confident that Mulkey has Andrews and HVL...BOTH on the way.

It'll only sting for this year if not much since we have Cooper. We'll be fine.
Black_Storm
I would like to hear from the "family" member that was posting a few weeks ago in her defense.
slimecap
HoustonBear15 said:

Something must've happened over the weekend because she was with the team on Friday for their team building activity.
Posted on BU WBB twitter 8:32 AM Aug 12, 2019

"The Lady Bears are home for a couple of weeks before coming back to officially kickoff the 2019-20 school year, but Friday we did a little team building to cap off a great summer!"
blueeyedbear
Black_Storm said:

I would like to hear from the "family" member that was posting a few weeks ago in her defense.
I am concerned he did have her ear and filled her head with all that CKM favoritism, unfairness, prejudice and other nonsense he was espousing on his postings. What a shame - these kids have enough polluting their environment as it is - then to have a trusted adult fill their head with their perceived bias based on overly emotional involvement instead of facts and ruin a young lady's opportunity.
57Bear
She is not listed on the Lady Bear roster for 2019-20.
CNC
Of course hate seeing this. Only hope the best for HSG, wherever she ends up.

On the brighter side, the last time a soph-to-be guard left the Lady Bears....things turned out ok.
Wineguy89
BaylorBears_254 said:

Welp, it happens. I feel confident that Mulkey has Andrews and HVL...BOTH on the way.

It'll only sting for this year if not much since we have Cooper. We'll be fine.

Bummer.....but on brighter side of things I sure hope you're right about HVL and Sarah. That would set the program up for an unreal 5 year run!! That said. The team will be fine this year......
Richard Reese
(True) Freshman - Bellville, TX
152 carries/791 yards/5.2 YPC/12 touchdowns
11 receptions/80 yards
1 game clinching studly TD vs Kansas
ZERO fumbles

Brett “Big Ballz” Yormark- Commissioner Big 12-16 Conference
One badass new TV contract with more goodies to come
DanaDane
We lost a player who showed very limited skills in the minimal amount of mop up minutes she played. Of the Frosh 5, she had one of the weaker skillsets. Whether or not that was due to lingering effects of the knee injury, I don't know. But she had a long way to go in almost every area of her game to be a PG capable of running the point for a Final 4 quality team. She was, in no way, going to be a "major contributor" on this team this year as some in here keep suggesting, which is why we went after Cooper so hard. I hate to see her go because she could have been a contributor by her junior or senior year if she continued to work on her game and improve, but for Mulkey to send her packing tells me it wasn't something minor.
57Bear
DanaDane said:

... for Mulkey to send her packing tells me it wasn't something minor.
AND she had the benefit of seeing Mulkey send a highly regarded player packing last year. Some kids are used to pushing the envelope but Mulkey draws a line in the sand that the players had better not cross.

Saddened for HSV, but glad Mulkey enforces her rules!
blueeyedbear
57Bear said:

DanaDane said:

... for Mulkey to send her packing tells me it wasn't something minor.
AND she had the benefit of seeing Mulkey send a highly regarded player packing last year. Some kids are used to pushing the envelope but Mulkey draws a line in the sand that the players had better not cross.

Saddened for HSV, but glad Mulkey enforces her rules!
100.0% behind CKM - Sad for HSG - but I also agree with DanaDane HSG was the one I felt was falling behind the other 5 including Trinity Oliver who I really like as a sleeper. With Te'a, Oliver in house and possibly Van Lith and Andrews waiting in the wings we will be fine this year and for the foreseeable future.
Jacques Strap
Sad to read this. I support CKM and onward we go.
HustleBear
slimecap said:

HoustonBear15 said:

Posted on BU WBB twitter 8:32 AM Aug 12, 2019

"The Lady Bears are home for a couple of weeks before coming back to officially kickoff the 2019-20 school year, but Friday we did a little team building to cap off a great summer!"

What were they doing? Zip-lining?

Looks like Juicy has everything under control anyway! No worries!!!
Bone Squad
I think the 2020-21 season is where this will affect us the the most. Even assuming we get both of the freshman guards we want, we won't have any experienced point guard on the roster for them to play behind and learn from. I won't be surprised if we seek out yet another grad transfer for that year.
Eball
I really never considered HSG a PG...she was a shooting guard and great one at that. She was considered one of the best three point shooters on team. Would have been in line to take Juicy's spot next too a true point guard assuming her injury did not slow her down...she still would have had to play defense. I think she would have been good one her JR/SR years..oh well.
HustleBear
Naw, we'll be alright!
blueeyedbear
Eball said:

I really never considered HSG a PG...she was a shooting guard and great one at that. She was considered one of the best three point shooters on team. Would have been in line to take Juicy's spot next too a true point guard assuming her injury did not slow her down...she still would have had to play defense. I think she would have been good one her JR/SR years..oh well.
De Costa can shoot HSG out of the GYM from the arc, she rebounds and put backs better, and her length on the perimeter defense cannot be underestimated. She has a way to go on defense but she will get there
blueeyedbear
Bone Squad said:

I think the 2020-21 season is where this will affect us the the most. Even assuming we get both of the freshman guards we want, we won't have any experienced point guard on the roster for them to play behind and learn from. I won't be surprised if we seek out yet another grad transfer for that year.
You must not have seen Oliver play yet - The kid can play !!! We will be alright.
Meladee
blueeyedbear said:

Black_Storm said:

I am concerned he did have her ear and filled her head with all that CKM favoritism, unfairness, prejudice and other nonsense he was espousing on his postings. What a shame - these kids have enough polluting their environment as it is - then to have a trusted adult fill their head with their perceived bias based on overly emotional involvement instead of facts and ruin a young lady's opportunity.
I must have missed this. Have to admit I don't always remember to check in here.

Wish her the best in her future.
Meladee
Looks like a ropes course of some sort.

Bone Squad
blueeyedbear said:

Bone Squad said:

You must not have seen Oliver play yet - The kid can play !!! We will be alright.
Other than some highlight videos, this is true. That said, I was under the impression she was definitely a shooting guard and was not recruited to play the point.
Bone Squad
Meladee said:

blueeyedbear said:

Black_Storm said:

I must have missed this. Have to admit I don't always remember to check in here.

Wish her the best in her future.
It seems like the person was actually an AAU coach or something like that instead of a family member. But there has been one person throughout the year who continually went off the rails over any perceived slight against HSG. Most of it was completely out of left field, such as if someone paid a complement to another guard like Moon without also complementing HSG, the person took major offense to it.
Eball
blueeyedbear said:

Eball said:

De Costa can shoot HSG out of the GYM from the arc, she rebounds and put backs better, and her length on the perimeter defense cannot be underestimated. She has a way to go on defense but she will get there
Limited chances but last year on 3's HSG shot 45.5 % and DeCosta 38.5%.

I do not think DeCosta would shoot her out of the gym DeCosta is a 3 technique who shoots the three well HSG was a 2 technique who shot the three well, they played different positions but if you went to games and watched or heard any local commentary, as well as quotes from Kim, everyone saw how well HSG shot it and heard about it as well...

blueeyedbear
Bone Squad said:

blueeyedbear said:

Bone Squad said:

Other than some highlight videos, this is true. That said, I was under the impression she was definitely a shooting guard and was not recruited to play the point.
Did not comment on your post as a negative light if you took it that way may a thousand flies descend on my lips in penance.
You are right she is regarded as a shooting guard but I have seen her in person and the kid has wheels and she can handle the ball in traffic. CKM I am sure sees the potential of her in both positions and she will school her for both positions. She is going to be able to watch from the bench this year with no pressure and learn the nuances of the game while going against Te'a Cooper in practice and coached up by the best PG in women's basketball. Its not just a coincidence that CKM trained point guards are having good WNBA seasons this year !!
Believe me she is everybit and then some more a clone of Alexis Morris. I am excited to see her on the court this year.
slimecap
Meladee said:

I must have missed this.
Link
https://sicem365.com/forums/4/topics/48797/replies/1244456
blueeyedbear
Eball said:

blueeyedbear said:

Eball said:

I do not think DeCosta would shoot her out of the gym DeCosta is a 3 technique who shoots the three well HSG was a 2 technique who shot the three well, they played different positions but if you went to games and watched or heard any local commentary, as well as quotes from Kim, everyone saw how well HSG shot it and heard about it as well...

Stats do not lie and good point but I am going by what I saw in practice more then games. DeCosta is a true 3 but probably because of her love for 3 on 3 basketball she seems to me to be able to create space for herself to get a shot off - I never saw HSG do that - maybe brace had something to do with that but leave her and open she is probably right there with Juicy - but even slightly contested she misses or passes up the shot.
BU71
Eball said:

Sorry to hear about this, I was looking forward to seeing her play without the knee brace. She is clearly a very talented player. Her offense was good last year and would have been even better this year. I believe she would have been a strong contributor but if her head and heart wasn't in it it's for the best because I want to see the same strong team chemistry that helped us go all the way to the top last year. I won't be surprised if we see Trinity Oliver come on strong this year. The team has "world class" talent across the board and I looking for another deep run but let's take it one game at a time. The Big 12 and the rest of the country will be gunning to take us down but if we "do what we do" we will be the same class act CKM and company always put on the court.
Eball
blueeyedbear said:

Eball said:

blueeyedbear said:

Eball said:

Stats do not lie and good point but I am going by what I saw in practice more then games. DeCosta is a true 3 but probably because of her love for 3 on 3 basketball she seems to me to be able to create space for herself to get a shot off - I never saw HSG do that - maybe brace had something to do with that but leave her and open she is probably right there with Juicy - but even slightly contested she misses or passes up the shot.
I don't think we are fussing at all...just pointing out that of all the players last year HSG was regarded as one of if not the top pure shooters on the team. Now unfortunately she was an injured freshman so her defense and ball handling was just not good enough last year to get a lot of run on that team (which did win a championship!) I think De Costa has a better upside than HSG overall but that may have been partly due to the Knee that HSG struggled with. I just hate to see one of our Fab 5 go and wanted to point out that she had significant skills not the least of which was shooting it or Kim would not have signed her over UCONN and Uof L among others.
blueeyedbear
BU71 said:

Eball said:

Sorry to hear about this, I was looking forward to seeing her play without the knee brace. She is clearly a very talented player. Her offense was good last year and would have been even better this year. I believe she would have been a strong contributor but if her head and heart wasn't in it it's for the best because I want to see the same strong team chemistry that helped us go all the way to the top last year. I won't be surprised if we see Trinity Oliver come on strong this year. The team has "world class" talent across the board and I looking for another deep run but let's take it one game at a time. The Big 12 and the rest of the country will be gunning to take us down but if we "do what we do" we will be the same class act CKM and company always put on the court.
Bone Squad
blueeyedbear said:

Bone Squad said:

blueeyedbear said:

Bone Squad said:

Did not comment on your post as a negative light if you took it that way may a thousand flies descend on my lips in penance.
I mean, that would be a real sight to see...

But, no. We're good, my guy! And no doubt if someone can harness Oliver's powers to become an elite point guard, it is the great Coach Mulkey.
BU82EX
The main reason I would favor DeCosta over HSG is that DeCosta, from what I have seen, is a pure scorer whereas HSG was more of a role player within a system. While I envisioned both would be successful, I think DeCosta has a much higher ceiling especially in CKM's system. Our last pure "scorer" was Odyssey so I'm looking forward to see DeCosta and what she can do with more minutes. Of course, if she doesn't learn to play some defense over the summer it could all be for naught!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.