HSG dismissed

19,087 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Grizz Air
MommaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can't tell who the girls are on the far right end of the group photo, but why does it look like they are flashing gang signals? Just not a good look for our girls.
Dcheetah
really disappointed she is gone. was really looking forward to watching her play. Hope whatever the problem was that got her off the team gets resolved and that she can move on forward sucessfully in life.

Will this slow down the turbo speed we had been hearing about?

I think Decosta can be great. Hoping she gets D down and has a big year crashing the national scene like Nalyssa did.

The 2 girls at the end of the picture are Jordyn and Naylyssa.
EasyE
Eball said:

blueeyedbear said:

Eball said:

I really never considered HSG a PG...she was a shooting guard and great one at that. She was considered one of the best three point shooters on team. Would have been in line to take Juicy's spot next too a true point guard assuming her injury did not slow her down...she still would have had to play defense. I think she would have been good one her JR/SR years..oh well.
De Costa can shoot HSG out of the GYM from the arc, she rebounds and put backs better, and her length on the perimeter defense cannot be underestimated. She has a way to go on defense but she will get there
Limited chances but last year on 3's HSG shot 45.5 % and DeCosta 38.5%.

I do not think DeCosta would shoot her out of the gym DeCosta is a 3 technique who shoots the three well HSG was a 2 technique who shot the three well, they played different positions but if you went to games and watched or heard any local commentary, as well as quotes from Kim, everyone saw how well HSG shot it and heard about it as well...

A 2 and 3 technique? Do they play defensive line?
BaylorBears_254
They're literally doing the peace sign....Have we come this far where two girls holding up two fingers is gang signs?
Space53
Poster said Mulkey plays favorites. Did I miss something or did Baylor just win the NCAA womens championship.
blueeyedbear
EasyE said:

Eball said:

blueeyedbear said:

Eball said:

I really never considered HSG a PG...she was a shooting guard and great one at that. She was considered one of the best three point shooters on team. Would have been in line to take Juicy's spot next too a true point guard assuming her injury did not slow her down...she still would have had to play defense. I think she would have been good one her JR/SR years..oh well.
De Costa can shoot HSG out of the GYM from the arc, she rebounds and put backs better, and her length on the perimeter defense cannot be underestimated. She has a way to go on defense but she will get there
Limited chances but last year on 3's HSG shot 45.5 % and DeCosta 38.5%.

I do not think DeCosta would shoot her out of the gym DeCosta is a 3 technique who shoots the three well HSG was a 2 technique who shot the three well, they played different positions but if you went to games and watched or heard any local commentary, as well as quotes from Kim, everyone saw how well HSG shot it and heard about it as well...

A 2 and 3 technique? Do they play defensive line?
Good catch EasyE !!! - even I did catch that technique reference from Eball - Oh well we all knew what we were talking about even though we got the semantics mixed up - we will do better next time.
3rdgenbear
Sad to hear. I was really looking forward to her developing and growing into an amazing Lady Bear. Loved her shooting touch. Hopefully, she'll correct her issue, make amends, and get another opportunity either at Baylor or elsewhere.
Eball
Shooting guard v small forward 2 v 3.

2 more of a guard
3 more of a forward.

Lots of kids can play both a bit but here DeCosta a 3 HSG a 2. Roles are not as clearly defined as they used to be with five outs and 4 outs and everyone shooting threes. I use technique as a description of a more traditional skill set.

And it is football season!
NOVA Bear
slimecap said:

Meladee said:

I must have missed this.
Link
https://sicem365.com/forums/4/topics/48797/replies/1244456

Bizzaro!
HoustonBear15
Meladee said:

Looks like a ropes course of some sort.

Baylor has it's own ropes course a few miles away from campus.
ScottS
BaylorBears_254 said:

Welp, it happens. I feel confident that Mulkey has Andrews and HVL...BOTH on the way.

Got evidence or just a feeling?
Bearprof
I'm sorry to see HSG go. In the limited action last year, she showed that she can hit the 3 and could slash to the bucket. She would have been a major contributor her last two years here, but Jordyn will have an opportunity to play some her freshman year.
mimi25408
Those are not gang signs
ChapBear
DanaDane said:

We lost a player who showed very limited skills in the minimal amount of mop up minutes she played. Of the Frosh 5, she had one of the weaker skillsets. Whether or not that was due to lingering effects of the knee injury, I don't know. But she had a long way to go in almost every area of her game to be a PG capable of running the point for a Final 4 quality team. She was, in no way, going to be a "major contributor" on this team this year as some in here keep suggesting, which is why we went after Cooper so hard. I hate to see her go because she could have been a contributor by her junior or senior year if she continued to work on her game and improve, but for Mulkey to send her packing tells me it wasn't something minor.
Totally disagree with your assessment of her talents. To me, towards the end of the year as she gained confidence she showed great three point range and the ability to get to the basket. This hurts us because it forces Juicy to backup the point position. Honesty would have played a lot this year.
GrizBear
NOVA Bear said:

slimecap said:

Meladee said:

I must have missed this.
Link

Bizzaro!

I had not seen this thread either. Just hope LadyBears42 being in HSG's ear had nothing to do with her dismissal.
Wineguy89
MommaBear said:

I can't tell who the girls are on the far right end of the group photo, but why does it look like they are flashing gang signals? Just not a good look for our girls.

You need a time out period. Period.
Richard Reese
(True) Freshman - Bellville, TX
152 carries/791 yards/5.2 YPC/12 touchdowns
11 receptions/80 yards
1 game clinching studly TD vs Kansas
ZERO fumbles

Brett “Big Ballz” Yormark- Commissioner Big 12-16 Conference
One badass new TV contract with more goodies to come
Meladee
slimecap said:

Meladee said:

I must have missed this.
Link

Wow. Hope HSG isn't listening to that guy. Toxic.
Meladee
Space53 said:

Poster said Mulkey plays favorites. Did I miss something or did Baylor just win the NCAA womens championship.

I'll sum up for that guy.... CKM didn't give all the playing time to his favorite player so CKM plays favorites (insert eye roll gif)
IslandBear
Poor girl just about averaged a new school every year from junior high through high school. Some questionable decision-making by her mom who prefers "four years at one prep school" and even hoped for "four years at one college". Don't know what rules were broken but IMO, Honesty is a good kid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/three-transfers-four-years-a-star-and-her-mom-navigate-high-stakes-basketball-recruiting/2017/09/11/9de67f5e-867e-11e7-961d-2f373b3977ee_story.html
skilledup
I have a friend who works at the police station in Waco and it sounds like she had some type of arrest over the weekend.

Really feel bad for her and I pray she gets back on her feet somewhere
gobears20
Staff
AvrgBear
MommaBear said:

If Eugene Crabs had a gang, that would be his gang sign.

I suspect it's their subtle way of calling for a second national championship.
Wineguy89
skilledup said:

I have a friend who works at the police station in Waco and it sounds like she had some type of arrest over the weekend.

Really feel bad for her and I pray she gets back on her feet somewhere

Thanks for the update. I'm sure all the info will come to light soon. CKM doesn't fool around with this type of thing. I am oddly curious if this was a "one strike and you're out" type of thing or if she'd had another incident.

Regardless, she was a good student and I hope she lands on her feet elsewhere quickly.
Richard Reese
(True) Freshman - Bellville, TX
152 carries/791 yards/5.2 YPC/12 touchdowns
11 receptions/80 yards
1 game clinching studly TD vs Kansas
ZERO fumbles

Brett “Big Ballz” Yormark- Commissioner Big 12-16 Conference
One badass new TV contract with more goodies to come
historian
BaylorBears_254 said:

They're literally doing the peace sign....Have we come this far where two girls holding up two fingers is gang signs?
That could also be the V for victory sign. Think of Churchill & WWII.
Grizz Air
Sad right now.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.