Roster size

3,180 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Eball
fredbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We now have 12 players. Actually, I think that is better than 13 or above. Too many talented players sitting on the bench only seems to cultivate a culture of frustration and resentment. This not a BU issue, but one I've observed from many of the programs with "cups running over." South Carolina comes to mind most recently, and we were on the winning side of that scenario. I wish HSG the very best as she deserves to be a starter somewhere, but we will actually have a better situation with her moving on for whatever reason.
blueeyedbear
fredbear said:

We now have 12 players. Actually, I think that is better than 13 or above. Too many talented players sitting on the bench only seems to cultivate a culture of frustration and resentment. This not a BU issue, but one I've observed from many of the programs with "cups running over." South Carolina comes to mind most recently, and we were on the winning side of that scenario. I wish HSG the very best as she deserves to be a starter somewhere, but we will actually have a better situation with her moving on for whatever reason.
Yes - We will be fine and it does make for some more playing minutes available to be spread around. No hard feelings for HSG I just hope she learns from it and straightens out her life.

ChapBear
It is only better if we have one or two coveted freshmen decide to join us.
Baylor Dad in Va.
blueeyedbear said:

fredbear said:

Yes - We will be fine and it does make for some more playing minutes available to be spread around. No hard feelings for HSG I just hope she learns from it and straightens out her life.

We will be fine this year, but the lesson that the players must learn is "Be patient"

Kalani Brown as a freshman started only once and played about 14 minutes a gamel Lauren Cox had only one start and played about 13 minutes a game her freshman season. And look what happened for those two. There are many other examples over the years I am sure.

The freshmen that did not get as much playing time last year will start to emerge this year.
In particular, I am looking for DeCosta, Egbo, and Smith, and perhaps Ursin to have considerable more playing time this year. And do not forget Bickel, and Oliver either as they may emerge.

So much fine talent on this team that Kim will have difficulty giving everyone playing time. But... what a wonderful problem to have.
Eball
I meant to comment earlier what a good post.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.