Question for skilledup?

9,238 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Dcheetah
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you still see us getting a highly ranked class of similar quality to the fab 5 as things currently stand? Thx!
GarlandBear84
Will the quantity be large enough for that? If it is only Gusters and Andrews, it won't be ranked 1.
Dcheetah
Sorry, focus of text was meant to focus on quality and not actual ranking.
DanaDane
You should be more concerned with which grad transfer PG we can attract next year. No matter whether Andrews or HVL sign here, Mulkey is not going into battle next year with a true frosh PG or no backup to start the season. That was the worst part of having to dismiss HSG. We basically have 1 true PG and no real backup (although I have faith in Mulkey and staff to figure out someone to develop this year).
Eball
DanaDane said:

You should be more concerned with which grad transfer PG we can attract next year. No matter whether Andrews or HVL sign here, Mulkey is not going into battle next year with a true frosh PG or no backup to start the season. That was the worst part of having to dismiss HSG. We basically have 1 true PG and no real backup (although I have faith in Mulkey and staff to figure out someone to develop this year).
HSG was not a point guard...at least not in college...she was a skilled guard who could score and really shoot...she just was not a PG...in my opinion.
Bearprof
I very much agree. Given what I saw in her game this past year, she was a 2 with the ability to create her own shot and drive the lane. Sorry to see her go.
lookin4awin
What about Jordyn Oliver? Perhaps working with Cooper this year, she can be ready to play the point guard.
Big Bear
I beg to differ. She always played PG and was excellent regardless of the team. She was groom to be the next PG who could also play the 2 much like Christie Wallace.
EasyE
DanaDane said:

Why Andrews OR HVL? And to answer the original question, if they get Andrew's AND HVL, they will be at the top of the rankings again with 3 of the top 10-15 players in the 2020 class.
GarlandBear84
Big Bear said:

I beg to differ. She always played PG and was excellent regardless of the team. She was groom to be the next PG who could also play the 2 much like Christie Wallace.

A friend of mine asked Mulkey several months ago and she said, "Honesty is not a point guard."
blueeyedbear
GarlandBear84 said:

Big Bear said:

A friend of mine asked Mulkey several months ago and she said, "Honesty is not a point guard."
CKM told me the same thing
Eball
Thanks for the support...no inside info but if you just kept up and watched. games it is clear she was not here to play point guard.
GarlandBear84
I held off posting it publicly, but now HSG is gone.
blueeyedbear
GarlandBear84 said:

I held off posting it publicly, but now HSG is gone.
Love her or Hate her you have to respect Kim Mulkey and her ethics and convictions. In all the years she has been at Baylor I know of only one decision she changed her mind on and it was one of the best decisions she has ever made. In her very first year she wanted a fresh start for the program and bring in her own people at every position including the athletic trainer - Alex Olson went in and talked to her and CKM changed her mind - BEST decision she ever made for her program.
These kids are told up front its her way or the highway - unfortunately over the years she has had to point to the highway. (Interesting side note: Alexis Morris wants to graduate early so she can transfer to BU so she can make it up to CKM.) I do not think that will happen but.....

UBBY
Rumor I have heard is HVL is not coming to Baylor.

Other rumor is that Sarah is a silent commit to Baylor.

Other rumor is that Maddie Cox is a silent commit.
HoustonBear15
Didi and Moon could also be options at point guard as needed. If I remember correctly, Trinity has also played some point in practice. She's a great passer and really tough player. I hope she sees more time this year.
Dcheetah
Moon did not look comfortable at PG last year. I have no doubt she can improve but I think she is more of a 2.
Dcheetah
Seen at least 2 sites linking HVL with Louisville and she did just spend a month playing for Walz on the USA team. Also some chatter about Or. State.
HoustonBear15
Dcheetah said:

Moon did not look comfortable at PG last year. I have no doubt she can improve but I think she is more of a 2.
I agree but if she sets her focus on learning that position she could probably be pretty great.
Dcheetah
I would love to see her excel somewhere. I have thought that would be 2 but if she can do it at 1 all the better. Her unbridled joy she exhibited in the Texas game when she played so well is one of my favorite memories of the season.
She can also be a defensive stopper which I'm sure CKM loves.
Dcheetah
Is there really a chance A. Morris could come back? Is there any word from our team that would even be considered a possibility or is that from her camp? Didn't think Mulkey would risk triple jeopardy with our recent school image problems.
blueeyedbear
Dcheetah said:

Is there really a chance A. Morris could come back? Is there any word from our team that would even be considered a possibility or is that from her camp? Didn't think Mulkey would risk triple jeopardy with our recent school image problems.
I do not think so - that came from her - but I cant see Kim bending on this one not with the circumstances that caused her dismissal.
GarlandBear84
Aren't we talking about two years from now after two years of good behavior and graduating from Rutgers? I wouldn't be shocked if that happened.
blueeyedbear
GarlandBear84 said:

Aren't we talking about two years from now after two years of good behavior and graduating from Rutgers? I wouldn't be shocked if that happened.
Yes it would be two years from now - She really messed up big time - but to her credit she admitted it and said how sorry she was to let CKM down and who knows after two years of stellar behavior both on and off the court.
I never say never but the stars would have to line up perfect - don't know if that would ever happen ?!?
I really liked her though - thought she had her future firmly in her grasp - but.... its a long way away and a lot of things can happen - mostly how point guard recruiting and/or development from this team progresses.

To echo Houston Bear I would love to see Trinity have a go at PG. She's tough, very quick, spot on passer, makes good decisions with the ball has a nice smooth stroke and she is not afraid to go and get loose balls and rebounds. I hope she really steps out in practice and makes it tough for CKM not to play her some meaningful minutes.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
blueeyedbear said:

GarlandBear84 said:

Yes it would be two years from now - She really messed up big time - but to her credit she admitted it and said how sorry she was to let CKM down and who knows after two years of stellar behavior both on and off the court.
I never say never but the stars would have to line up perfect - don't know if that would ever happen ?!?
I really liked her though - thought she had her future firmly in her grasp - but.... its a long way away and a lot of things can happen - mostly how point guard recruiting and/or development from this team progresses.

To echo Houston Bear I would love to see Trinity have a go at PG. She's tough, very quick, spot on passer, makes good decisions with the ball has a nice smooth stroke and she is not afraid to go and get loose balls and rebounds. I hope she really steps out in practice and makes it tough for CKM not to play her some meaningful minutes.
I've seen Coach Mulkey as a fool me once type and Morris had two major screw ups we know of due to police reports. People change, but that is a large leap of trust for someone that burned Coach Mulkey prior to her dismissal.
blueeyedbear
Brian Ethridge said:

blueeyedbear said:

GarlandBear84 said:

I've seen Coach Mulkey as a fool me once type and Morris had two major screw ups we know of due to police reports. People change, but that is a large leap of trust for someone that burned Coach Mulkey prior to her dismissal.
Agreed !!!
Scout Bear
UBBY said:

That is not what several of us have heard from very good sources about HVL.
Dcheetah
I sure hope y'all are right! Also, is that still what you are being told?
UBBY
Scout Bear said:

UBBY said:

Who are "several of us" and what good sources?
I would love for that to be true but on the premium side they said she wont be a bear.
GrizBear
UBBY said:

Scout Bear said:

UBBY said:

I would love for that to be true but on the premium side they said she wont be a bear.

Umm ... why didn't you previously say you were "hearing" these rumors on the premium side?
bawitdaball
In regard to Morris coming back - I won't say it would never happen, weirder stuff has...however, I feel Mulkey isn't counting on it and if it did I doubt it would be a planned situation but rather a situational. Grad transfers won't always be needed; however, I like that they are now an option.
ScottS
HVL seems religious on twitter and I'm not sure that fits necessarily with Waltz. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out and if the premium sources know or if they just pay to be behind a wall.
blueeyedbear
I have a question for skilledup - Why are we not getting the Ausie kids ?? UT gets 2 ?????
UBBY
GrizBear said:

UBBY said:

Scout Bear said:

UBBY said:

Umm ... why didn't you previously say you were "hearing" these rumors on the premium side?

I just didn't think about that at the time. All of the rumors I posted about are from a weekly topic called the FRO on the premium side.
GarlandBear84
blueeyedbear said:

I have a question for skilledup - Why are we not getting the Ausie kids ?? UT gets 2 ?????

That's a question for jwal, but he doesn't post here anymore. I'm sure he would steer them our way if he had a chance.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.