HVL thread

8,981 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jacques Strap
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok, since HVL is one of our top targets, I figured we need a thread to follow her recruitment. Question...does she have a top 10 or top 5 list of schools? Do we know how many visits our coaches have made to see her play?
slimecap
ScottS said:

HVL is one of our top targets ... Do we know how many visits our coaches have made to see her play?
March 2, 2018
"The 1A quarterfinal nightcap on the girls court on Thursday had quite an audience. Hall of Fame women's coach Kim Mulkey of the third-ranked Baylor Bears was joined by several assistants on the south end of the court to have a look at Cashmere sophomore Hailey Van Lith, considered one of the nation's top prospects for the Class of 2020."

- Luke Thompson, Yakima Herald

February 28, 2019
- See airplane photo below in thread post #4.
- See news excerpt below in thread post #5.
slimecap

"Members of the Baylor University women's basketball coaching staff, including head coach Kim Mulkey, far right, wait to watch Cashmere's Hailey Van Lith play in the quarterfinal game at the SunDome in Yakima, Wash. on Thursday, March 1, 2018."
slimecap

February 28, 2019

"Early cross-country flight this morning to watch a very special player! Now we are headed back to Waco for practice! Got to love it!"

- Kim Mulkey twitter feed
slimecap
"The coach of the No. 1 team in college basketball returned to Yakima for the second straight year on Thursday to watch Cashmere's Hailey Van Lith in the 1A quarterfinals.

Baylor's Kim Mulkey joined her staff on the baseline to watch as Van Lith put up 29 points, 10 rebounds and three steals in 23 minutes of a 64-41 win over Annie Wright. The 26-1 Bears have a five-day break between games after knocking off Texas 64-35 on Monday prior to Saturday's game vs. Oklahoma State.

Oregon assistant coach Jodie Kaczor Berry also sat next to the Baylor coaches to watch Van Lith."

- Luke Thompson, Yakima Herald, 28 Feb 2019
Chibears2
We ask, Slimecap brings it! Great posters on this forum! Really excited about BU football season, but doesn't keep me from getting pumped about both WBB and MBB seasons! I think this could be a really fun year all year long with regards to BU Athletics, and I can hardly wait!
blueeyedbear
slimecap said:

"Members of the Baylor University women's basketball coaching staff, including head coach Kim Mulkey, far right, wait to watch Cashmere's Hailey Van Lith play in the quarterfinal game at the SunDome in Yakima, Wash. on Thursday, March 1, 2018."

Somebody wake BB up !!
fubar
I hope this doesn't end up like the Shoni Schimmel thread on the old site.
drahthaar
blueeyedbear said:

slimecap said:

Somebody wake BB up !!

They acting disinterested, sort of like Red Auerbach when he went to watch Dave Cowens in college. And left early.
HuskyT
I think you get HVL and she is a great one. Reminds me a lot of CKM. I believe she has an interest in UConn because of friendship with Paige (also good friends Bunelle at ND) , but Paige will be a road block to playing the point where HVL is the most comfortable.
Dcheetah
sure hope.you are right. Are y'all hearing anything about Oregon State or other teams?
Heart
HVL does remind me a Lot of Coach Mulkey! Hoping!
willtalk
fubar said:

I hope this doesn't end up like the Shoni Schimmel thread on the old site.
I don't know what that was about, but teams that did not get Schimmel should count themselves fortunate. Although I must say Kim would not have tolerated her antics. Of course, that would have meant she would have transferred out after a couple of seasons at best.
WacoKelly83
Or, more likely, kicked off the team
TXtoCO
slimecap said:

They couldn't look more disinterested. Either that or they are in awe.
mimi25408
They were watching the game that was ahead of HVL's team
TXtoCO
slimecap
Louisville Fan Forum posting
Hailey Van Lith will visit Louisville beginning today (Sept 12) and will be there 4 days.
Wichitabear
I hope she doesn't enjoy that visit. Lololo
ScottS
slimecap said:

Louisville Fan Forum posting
Hailey Van Lith will visit Louisville beginning today (Sept 12) and will be there 4 days.

Trouble?
Dcheetah
possibly but no way I see her shutting down her recruitment this early. Too many other good programs for her to check out. She knows Coach Walz very well from 2019 USA Bball team but I think she will do just what Sarah A is doing and take all her visits and learn as much as qhe can about each program as she should and then make a decision.
Bearly
Does four days seem a little long for a recruiting visit?
Wichitabear
Yes. 2 at the most.
slimecap
Sept 13, 2019

Reporting from Louisville
Jody Demling of the Cardinal Authority blogging that Baylor is the leader at this time for Hailey Van Lith. He feels that Louisville has "a chance".
Old300Bear
Pretty sure that Louisville can only pay for two nights and accompanying meals etc.
Fred Barber
slimecap

BUbackerinET
Damn - she is so good! I'd like to see some video of her defense...
57Bear
BUbackerinET said:

Damn - she is so good! I'd like to see some video of her defense...
If CKM is recruiting her, she probably isn't worried about her defense. But I, too, would enjoy seeing
the video.
Jacques Strap
She sure can finish through contact
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.