I'm confused Sparks vs Lynx

2,158 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chibears2
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Alexis Jones Vs Odyssey Sims

Who do I root for so confused!!!

Jones has a career high 13 points so far!
Chibears2
A conundrum, to be sure! Like our women to show out at next level. Has to help recruiting!
Meladee
I'm just so annoyed that Brown hasn't been playing that it's hard to turn the game on.
willtalk
Meladee said:

I'm just so annoyed that Brown hasn't been playing that it's hard to turn the game on.BaBa
Barring injury injuries, Brown will likely not see the floor the rest of the season ( except perhaps the last game against Cambage and the Aces ). There are few games left and the team is working on getting their play off rotation in place. Both Parker and Vadeeva only recently have returned from injury and they are ahead of Brown in the rotation. The Sparks are loaded at the post position and Brown is a rookie who still has a lot to learn. Parker, when she decides to play is one of the best to ever play the game. Vadeeva, though only 21, has been playing professionally since she was 16.

Browns lack of floor time is not a negative reflection on her. She is a rookie and it is a big jump from college to the WNBA. The first year generally is difficult for most players. She was, in fact, fortunate that both Parker and Vadeeva were out for most of the season which allowed her the opportunity to get the time she did. It took Griner a few years before she started to play at the level that she does now. Her first year was a disappointment to many who did not understand the ins and outs of the WNBA. Sims did not really start playing well until two seasons ago.

Brown might still get some playing time if they end up-facing the aces in the playoffs because she matches up well against Cambage. Perhaps also against Indiana and McCowan who they play on Thursday. I had forgotten about her positive matchups with those two players. So her getting game time against them is a possibility under the right circumstances. Generally, WNBA coaches will not play rookies if they can avoid it and Fisher has Vadeeva coming off the bench. Think of a lauren Cox skill set. Vadeeva is also 6'4", and has been playing against the best in the world for 5 years. The major difference is that she is very strong and can also match up in the low block with the Cambage's and McCowan's.
willtalk
willtalk said:

Meladee said:

I'm just so annoyed that Brown hasn't been playing that it's hard to turn the game on.BaBa
Brown might still get some playing time if they end up-facing the aces in the playoffs because she matches up well against Cambage. Perhaps also against Indiana and McCowan who they play on Thursday. I had forgotten about her positive matchups with those two players. So her getting game time against them is a possibility under the right circumstances.
Well the Sparks did face Indiana and McCowan and Brown got 11 min and scored 10 points.. Not a bad showing.
Chibears2
Pretty good showing for our former Lady Bear, and you anticipated it spot on!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.