Raven Johnson

7,733 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by slimecap
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
just visited! 2021 pg from Georgia
#16 Hoopgurlz
#24 Prospect Nations

https://twitter.com/HollywoodRaven/status/1164648849761275904/photo/4
BaylorBearWBBFan
Very talented PG. Also worth noting that she plays AAU for FBC Hunt, so she is playing with Treasure, and being coach by Keisha Hunt, Treasure's mother.
Dcheetah
Would be great to get a tie in with that club. Lots of talent there.
blueeyedbear
Dcheetah said:

Would be great to get a tie in with that club. Lots of talent there.
Dcheetah
She is being recruited hard by the best teams in WBB: UConn, Oregon, Louisville, Miss State, So. Carolina besides us.
She avg'd 27.2 pts, 9 rbs, 3.4assts, and 3.5 steals per game as a Soph and was the 7-A player of the year in Georgia. She was among the last cuts by USA Bball for U-17 team and was particularly lauded for her defense. Sounds like a Kim kind of player.

If we manage to get SA and HVL I bet it will be hard to get her aboard but if not she could be a major player for 2021.

I have seen heights listed for her from 5'4" to 5'8". Anyone know what is accurate? How tall is CKM to compare? Her hand is big enough to palm a ball.

My main concern would be with the trend toward more height at the guard position and how that might put us disadvantage vs tall teams . That's why I really hope we remain in it for Jersey Wolfenbarger and was hopeful for Priscilla Williams. Thoughts?
blueeyedbear
Dcheetah said:

She is being recruited hard by the best teams in WBB: UConn, Oregon, Louisville, Miss State, So. Carolina besides us.
She avg'd 27.2 pts, 9 rbs, 3.4assts, and 3.5 steals per game as a Soph and was the 7-A player of the year in Georgia. She was among the last cuts by USA Bball for U-17 team and was particularly lauded for her defense. Sounds like a Kim kind of player.

If we manage to get SA and HVL I bet it will be hard to get her aboard but if not she could be a major player for 2021.

I have seen heights listed for her from 5'4" to 5'8". Anyone know what is accurate? How tall is CKM to compare? Her hand is big enough to palm a ball.

My main concern would be with the trend toward more height at the guard position and how that might put us disadvantage vs tall teams . That's why I really hope we remain in it for Jersey Wolfenbarger and was hopeful for Priscilla Williams. Thoughts?
Kim is wearing at least 3' platforms and not sure what the back fusion did for her height but Coach Messer is 5'8" so I would say she is solid 5'8".
Your right about those hands !!!! - reminds me of Abiola Wabara except she was 6' I'll bet that got Kim's attention - she decided to sign Wabara the same day she saw her hands before looking at her reel.
Amazingly Hoop Gurlz ranks her as the second best point guard in Georgia.
I brought up the height trend a while back. I can think of a few NBA players that were the exception to the rule
Mugsy Bogues, Calvin Murphy, Nate Robinson, Isaiah Thomas so I think there will always be an exception for quickness, intelligence, accurate passing and dead eye shooting from the arch.
I had a college football coach that was fond of saying "Speed covers for a multitude of sins and deficiencies"

Dcheetah
I grew up listening to Calvin Murphy, Rudy T and Mike Newlin games on the transistor radio. Happy Days!
Dcheetah
Do you know if we are still recruiting Rori Harmon or Kyndall Hunter?
slimecap
Sept 1, 2019

slimecap
Raven Johnson
"Dynamic with the ball in her hands ... Continues to make herself a threat off penetration or spotting up on the perimeter ... Hesitation and change of speed are exceptional ... Body control leads to some creative finishes and trips to the line ... Genuine threat both in transition and halfcourt ... Reads well in traffic."

- Mark Lewis, Blue Star Media, 2 Sept 2019
drahthaar
slimecap said:

Sept 1, 2019

Wut?
Dcheetah
Now #13 on ESPN 2021 rankings (was 18)
Scout Bear
witchmo said:

slimecap said:

Sept 1, 2019

Wut?
I guess he is saying she is a good player.
slimecap

fubar
Scout Bear said:

witchmo said:

slimecap said:

Sept 1, 2019

Wut?
I guess he is saying she is a good player.
And she can dance.

Which is OK these days at Baylor, isn't it?
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
slimecap
"University of Louisville women's basketball coach Jeff Walz and his staff will host several elite prospects tonight at Louisville Live. Two of the unofficial visitors are top-25 prospects in the Class of 2021, including Sania Feagin and Raven Johnson.

Johnson was a teammate of U of L commitment Olivia Cochran on the FBC Hunt AAU team for the past two summers. She's a 5-foot-4 point guard was the Class 7-A Player of the Year by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution after a stellar sophomore season with Atlanta Westlake. She averaged 27.2 points, nine rebounds, 3.4 assists and 3.5 steals a game to help lead her team to the Class 7-A state title.

Johnson told Cardinal Authority in July that Louisville was "always watching" her in the recruiting process.

"They really want me bad," Johnson said. "I have a lot of schools that have offered, but Louisville is among the schools showing me the most interest. Louisville tells me they are going to keep on me. They say they are going to be on my back and always there."

- Jody Demling, Louisville Cardinal Authority, 27 Sept 2019
slimecap

slimecap
Dcheetah said:

just visited! 2021 pg from Georgia
#16 Hoopgurlz
#24 Prospect Nations

https://twitter.com/HollywoodRaven/status/1164648849761275904/photo/4
Dcheetah I am very appreciative that you posted this information on August 23 so that Baylor fans have a record of Raven "Hollywood" Johnson's visit. Looks like the tweet of her Baylor campus visit has recently been eliminated from Raven's twitter account.
pwactwac
Looks like she has sanitized her account of all her recruiting/visits. probably better anyway to be agnostic on the public front as not to prevent interest?! who knows. her highlights are spectacular . would love to see her speed in the green and gold...
slimecap

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.