Save the Dates!

5,942 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Dcheetah
bowdedg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sept 5th - Coach Mulkey will appear on the Baylor Coaches Show at Rudy's for 6:00pm.

Sept 30th - First Open Practice @ 1:30pm

Oct 3rd - Welcome Back Dinner @ 6:30pm
whitetrash
bowdedg said:

I'll bet this year somebody will remember to call Bush's ahead of time and order the chicken....
bowdedg
whitetrash said:

bowdedg said:

I'll bet this year somebody will remember to call Bush's ahead of time and order the chicken....
I say we go with Chick-fil-a or Popeyes!
blueeyedbear
bowdedg said:

whitetrash said:

bowdedg said:

I say we go with Chick-fil-a or Popeyes!
I second that !!!
WacoKelly83
Mulkey and the crew were at Demaria's BBQ today for lunch. Maybe that's an option??

BTW Johnny Derrick had his left arm in a pretty hefty sling. Not sure what his issue is but he seemed very uncomfortable.
DFW Bill
You have to get to Tony DeMaria's BBQ early, best to arrive no later than 11:00.
Scottdye
Will the First practice be open to the public? If so do we just show up at the Ferrell Center?
Wineguy89
I have hotel reservations in NOLA early next April. Too soon?
bowdedg
Yes you can just show up at the Ferrell Center as the first practice is open to the public.

Never too late for NOLA reservations. Already have my tickets!
Chibears2
So do we!
Heart
Chibears2 said:

So do we!
Where do you get tickets? I would love to go if I can. How expensive are tickets if you don't mind saying?
Chibears2
We go thru NCAA. They go on sale usually in Nov. You can also look for VIP packages with PrimeSports. Should be a fun time!
T-REX
Chibears2 said:

We go thru NCAA. They go on sale usually in Nov. You can also look for VIP packages with PrimeSports. Should be a fun time!
Im just saying that I will only go to Nola when Baylor is playing....so I will see y'all there!!!
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
bowdedg
Heart said:

Chibears2 said:

So do we!
Where do you get tickets? I would love to go if I can. How expensive are tickets if you don't mind saying?
The NCAA has them on sale now - upper deck. Lower deck will go on sale around November, however, most lower seats available will be on the ends (goal post ends).
Bruingirl
I had a premium ticket package and hotel reservations the last time we were the favorite to play the FF in NOLA. I got burned on that deal pretty badly thanks to the Louisville massacre.
Can't it just be game time already?
BU71
Bruingirl said:

I had a premium ticket package and hotel reservations the last time we were the favorite to play the FF in NOLA. I got burned on that deal pretty badly thanks to the Louisville massacre.
You mean the Louisville mugging. I've seen people go to jail for less. The refs in that game did a very poor job IMO!
Chibears2
Bruingirl said:

We started going to the Women's Final Four in 2002 because it was close and a Big 12 team was a participant. Had so much fun and the next couple of events were in places I had never been, but had always wanted to see, so the trip just sort of fell into an annual trip on our calendar. Haven't missed one since... except THAT year. Had all the arrangements made, but even though we typically went no matter who was there, just couldn't stomach it that year. Not even New Orleans and a drivable trip was enough to make me want to be at THAT Final Four. I'm pretty sure I didn't even watch it.
bowdedg
There's been a change - today is the first day of practice, however, the first OPEN practice is tomorrow 10/1/19.
Dcheetah
please someone go and report on what they see. I'm stuck at work. Would be awesome to get some comments from Ashley.
WacoKelly83
What time is practice?
bowdedg
1:30pm
Dcheetah
WacoKelly83
In the practice facility or in the Ferrell Center? Anybody know? I've been twice and both times it was "pick your seat" promotion in the Ferrell
WacoKelly83
Lauren is in great shape! Juicy and T'ea are sharpshooters. Didi has found her shooting touch. Erin is big and moves we'll. DeCosta and Moon look great.

This team is fast!!!

And most importantly....no knee braces!!
blueeyedbear
WacoKelly83 said:

Lauren is in great shape! Juicy and T'ea are sharpshooters. Didi has found her shooting touch. Erin is big and moves we'll. DeCosta and Moon look great.

This team is fast!!!

And most importantly....no knee braces!!
Oh Yea !!!!

Talked to a couple of lady bears and both said they have been surprised (good) at Coopers shooting ability (remember they had scouting reports on her for two games last year). I said in another posting that it looked to me that she had found her love for the game again !! That plus this is it for her - its now or never - real motivation. Can't wait to see her in real games. I have said from the beginning getting her was very important for this years team success.
Lauren is moving well and seems to have her conditioning right where it needs to be despite the knee issue - hats off to her and Heffner for all the work they put in to get to this point !!
DeCosta is looking good !!! and Moon has so much more confidence now. Juicy made great strides last year and it seems to be continuing. Richards always had an offensive game - she was just an unselfish role player and now it looks like she has been given the green light to expand her game - good news for us BU fans - not so good news for our opponents.
Personally I think Erin is 6'4" - but every team fudges on heights at one time or another. She looks good though. She will takes up space in the paint and there will be some games this year where that will be very important. I still say she will be a significant contributor this year.
Egbo flashes brilliant from time to time - when she gets consistent at it - look out
Smith is well Smith !!
Not sure Bickel and T. Oliver have 100.0% confidence in their wheels yet - but both have had their moments where their ability shows. Oliver is having typical freshman start but no doubt she has a motor and some real ability.

YES to the no knee braces !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mimi25408
Great post ! Cooper talked about how her goal is to stay consistent the whole season. She explained how much she has grown and that she is glad she has grown up and matured. I can't wait to see her in full action. The way she is talking she wants to make the most of her last season
Definitely see a lot of more confidence from some players. I have a feeling we are going to be really good this year... (we kinda are every year lol).

The scary part is that I van name about 6 girls that have expanded their game and talk about giving their all... cant wait
mimi25408
I agree I don't think she is 6'6 but that's alright you cant coach height as Kim would say.
Dcheetah
thanks to all for the comments!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.