Treasure Hunt announces her top-5

18,222 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
BaylorBearWBBFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Auburn, Baylor, Mississippi State, South Carolina, and Kentucky:
https://instagr.am/p/B2XMj2nB3b3
CavalryRoadie
Now we're talking!
Dcheetah
isnt her Mom a.coach on the AAU team she plays for?
DFW Bill
Can Kamilla Cardoza the 6'6" Post be far behind? They are team mates at Hamilton Heights. Also another player on the team is a highly rated PG Class of 2021.
BaylorBearWBBFan
Keisha Hunt coaches both Hamilton Heights Christian Academy as well as FBC United, Treasure's school and AAU teams.

Kamilla Cardoso, who attends HHCA and plays for FBC as well, has already narrowed down her list to Uconn, South Carolina, Ohio State, Syracuse, and Mississippi State. She is the consensus top post just ahead of Hannah Gusters.

Raven Johnson also plays for FBC Hunt, and she is a very talented 5-9 PG from the Atlanta, GA area.

Both FBC and HHCA have produced a ton of top talent in the past few years.
slimecap

Posting you a blue star - appreciate the information very much!
Chibears2
All east of Mississippi River but us. Probably says we're going to have to offer enough to counter geography. Of course, a National Championship should add a lot of weight on that counter balance side!
Hairy Bear
Looking at the list I think we may have a decent chance.
Jpbu152001
I read an article on her written before she narrowed down her top 5. In the article her mom mentions "I don't want her to pick a college that is popular, I want her to find a coach who will hold her accountable and push her- but love her".
blueeyedbear
Jpbu152001 said:

I read an article on her written before she narrowed down her top 5. In the article her mom mentions "I don't want her to pick a college that is popular, I want her to find a coach who will hold her accountable and push her- but love her".

Do I hear Kim Mulkey ???
slimecap

Charles Barkley & 2020 Treasure Hunt

Official Visit at Auburn University
Sept 28 2019
Brian Ethridge
Staff
slimecap said:

Sept 28 2019

He's 6-5 or stretching 6-6, but got an inch in shoes on her as well.
SirBearALot
The big girl and Treasure both have S. Carolina and Miss. st.on their list. They could stay together by going to one of those. But maybe they are not planning on staying together.?
pwactwac
slimecap said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFk3NtMWwAEvbp6?format=jpg&name=large

Sept 28 2019

These always crack me up. Might make a difference if she knew who Sir Charles actually was....lol.

She seems like a very fine young lady and an amazing talent. A lot of names still in the mix and not a lot of slots left. Will be very fascinating how everything shakes out in the end.
EvilTroyAndAbed
pwactwac said:

slimecap said:

N

Sept 28 2019

These always crack me up. Might make a difference if she knew who Sir Charles actually was....lol.

She seems like a very fine young lady and an amazing talent. A lot of names still in the mix and not a lot of slots left. Will be very fascinating how everything shakes out in the end.
Young people who like basketball know who Charles is. He's stayed in the spotlight.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

pwactwac said:

slimecap said:

N

Sept 28 2019

Young people who like basketball know who Charles is. He's stayed in the spotlight.

Yeah and he's a fan favorite. My wife has some funny stories of her times with the Rockets. Loved Barkley.
beardoc
Brian Ethridge said:

slimecap said:

Sept 28 2019

He's 6-5 or stretching 6-6, but got an inch in shoes on her as well.
In all directions.
pwactwac
lol. So my comment was really tongue in cheek. But with that said, a lot of these schools that trot out "celebs"really do over estimate the value they bring to the process. While some kiddos are students of the game, most aren't. Just us geeks on fan boards....
BaylorBearWBBFan
Hunt will be taking her official visit to Baylor this weekend!
Chibears2
Please have a good visit, please have a good visit....
Dcheetah
I wonder why not during a game weekend? Seems like CKM prefers individual vs group visits. Do recruits get to scrimmage with team on visit informally?

and Yes, she would be a great pickup!
pwactwac
You pose a great question Dcheetah. I always wondered the same about playing or scrimmaging while on a visit. I am sure there are a lot "rules" but it would be interesting to know how/if this happens?
mimi25408
They usually go to the volleyball game if there is no football game .. has happened with multiple recruits. Baylor vball is #1 ranked right now so hopefully we can show her some of the green and gold magic .

Didi will host. Hopefully we can pull her in. I am really high on Treasure ,even though I believe mom wants her at Kentucky (close to home). Treasure is really good friends with NaLyssa so hopefully she can help Didi reel her in.

mimi25408
They have played a couple if picked up games with recruits before.
Dcheetah
Thank you!
Lone Star
mimi25408 said:

They have played a couple if picked up games with recruits before.
I don't believe they do if during the season/school year. However, if during the summer at a team/player camp or making an unofficial, they may play a pick up game or shoot around after.
mimi25408
Yes.. I mentioned " pick up game" in my post. Both moon and Juicy did pick up games during their visits.
slimecap

Treasure Hunt & her mother attending on Oct 11 @ UKentucky
gone to Tickfaw
she could be part of helping Jeff Walz get back to the final four... or win a national championship... of help Kim with 2, 3 or 4 more!
mimi25408
Unfortunately for Walz, Louisville did not make her final cut
mimi25408
Kentucky is only 4 and a half hours from home and mom has seem to favor Kentucky over the past year. Kentucky did good getting their recruits to go to midnight madness..they have 3 big name rappers coming to perform.

For her to be become a lady bear she has to want achieve more. That's the differences between Baylor and everyone else on her list. Kim will push her to be the best she can be as a person and a player. Even though we are on her final 5 Baylor is going to have wow her to get her to come to Waco.
DanaDane
Unfotunately, don't count on this one. Not likely to happen.
mimi25408
I agree, I love her hard work ethic but I think she might be a lock for Kentucky (my opinion). If she chooses Baylor I will be shocked.
Dcheetah
Sorry to hear this. Listening to her Mom's description of what she was looking for in a coach sounded just like CKM.
I was hoping she would be our future wing.
mimi25408
For sure the description is definitely the definition of CKM. I really would love Hunt and Van lith at Baylor but I dont want to get my Hope's up to high. If she wants the best education and a championship she should choose Baylor. I'm hoping the girls can show her a nice to and pull her on board.

I know she is high on South Carolina but it will be interesting to see If she picks them after the big freshman class they signed.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.