2021 WBB Recruiting

56,023 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dcheetah
BaylorBearWBBFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kiki Iriafen top-5: Baylor, Connecticut, Stanford, UCLA, and Notre Dame.
Wbbfan29
Have a feeling she will probably stay home.. Ucla or Stanford.
ABC BEAR
Swim said:

You're right wbb is totally different than football.

I guess the only thing holding those programs back now is the lack of athletes posing for photo shoots?
slimecap

DI women's basketball fall calendar proposed

"The Women's Basketball Oversight Committee recommended amending the fall recruiting calendar on Monday.

Due to the unprecedented times caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, recruiting in the sport was disrupted this summer.The proposal, which must be acted on by the Division I Council on Wednesday before becoming official, calls for a quiet period Aug. 10-14.

The proposal would establish an evaluation period from Aug. 15 Sept. 8 and convert the fall contact period from Sept. 9-29 into an evaluation period. During this time-frame, evaluations can occur at any scholastic and non-scholastic events (fall leagues, open gyms and non-institutional organized events).

The proposal includes:
  • Permitting 130 recruiting-person days from Aug. 1, 2020 to July 31, 2021.
  • Permitting on-campus evaluations of a high school or preparatory school senior to be conducted at the beginning of the SA's senior year of high school year, as opposed to the end of the high school basketball season.
  • Converting the dead periods surrounding the initial signing dates of the National Letter of Intent to quiet periods for prospective student-athletes not eligible to sign.
  • Establishing opportunities for coaches to evaluate prospective student-athletes from Aug. 15 through Sept. 29.

The proposal is based on recommendations from the Women's Basketball Coaches Association and the Division I Women's Basketball Oversight Committee and was developed based on guiding principles that include the academics, health, safety and well-being of student-athletes, prospective student-athletes and coaches.

Since March 13, a dead period in all NCAA sports was created. Since March 1, women's basketball coaches have lost 42 recruiting days, and prospects lost opportunities to be seen and field offers for a scholarship.

The proposed calendar presents opportunities for coaches to evaluate prospects, given the current pandemic. For example, one-on-one on-campus evaluations may be more conducive than a mega-evaluation event, based on local and state health guidelines."

- Greg Johnson, ncaa.com, 16 June 2020
Dcheetah
Raven Johnson to USCe. She visited here in the fall. They have signed quite the class this year. Think her spot went away with JO but not sure how truly interested in us she was.
Still crosssing fingers for Kiki I.
fredbear
Is MD our only commitment for 2021?
Wbbfan29
Yes, wouldnt be surprised if it's a repeat of 2019
Dcheetah
Kiki Iriafen commits to Stanford
Wbbfan29
Yea I predicted she would stay home. So I guess we are still at class of one
Dcheetah
Kyndall Hunter to Texas. They are getting better. Expected but still a big pick up.
Wichitabear
Who did we get for 2021? We are not even listed in top 10 recruiting
Wbbfan29
Maryam Dauda
Wichitabear
Wbbfan29 said:

Maryam Dauda
thank you I seem to remember the name now
Dcheetah
Kamaria McDaniel and Jaden Owens are 2 transfers that will be eligible to play for us in 21-22. They just don't count on recruiting rankings for our 21 class. I am very excited about what Maryam will bring to our team both athletically and personality wise and O and D.
Wichitabear
Dcheetah said:

Kamaria McDaniel and Jaden Owens are 2 transfers that will be eligible to play for us in 21-22. They just don't count on recruiting rankings for our 21 class. I am very excited about what Maryam will bring to our team both athletically and personality wise and O and D.
Can't wait to see the girls in action
BUatbirth
Both Kamaria and Jaden are top tier players, both will have a year in the system under KCM, and Jaden will have 3 years of eligibility remaining ( I believe). I'll take those two, along with MD, all day long for 2021!
Dcheetah
Maryam Dauda was listed as one of ten standouts at the Prospect Nations evaluation academy this wknd. Several other Texans listed. Here is the writeup on Maryam:

2021 Maryam Dauda (Arkansas)
Missouri Phenom
Maryam is a 6'4 Baylor Commit who dominates the game on both ends of the floor. Offensively, she can score from both inside and out with ease. Her three point jumper has a soft touch and is extremely consistent. This weekend, I witnessed her make 9 consecutive three's in one sitting. With her length, athleticism and solid footwork, her inside game is difficult to stop. She has the ability to pin defenders and score over the top of them every possession. She is unselfish and never hesitated to make the extra pass. I was very impressed with her gameplay.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.