Some Baylor talk at the Boneyard

2,644 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CavalryRoadie
uglytobone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://the-boneyard.com/threads/andy-katz-final-four-picks.147274/
mimi25408
Most of this is particularly really funny. Most of them don't have the slightest clue about the lady bears. BU is going to shock alot of people this year.
ScottS
Katz doesn't have us on his FF, picking uconn, Stanford, aggie, and ore.
willtalk
The thing about the Boneyard is that they, like other sites, get most of their information from fans of the teams. There are really few Baylor fans that post on that site. There was one fan who set them straight. As sites go, it is the best with respect to WCBB. Rebkell, does better with respect to Baylor, however. Because there are more Baylorites who post there. Sometimes people just let things lie because it is obvious. Anyone who knows anything about WCBB has Baylor as co-favorite with Oregon.

He had Stanford rated higher than Baylor and Ironically it was a knowledgeable Stanford poster who stated that Baylor should be rated higher. This guy was impressed by Stanford's loaded freshman class. It never occurred to him that it takes a while for a freshman to adapt to the higher level of NCAA play. He seems to have forgotten that Baylor's excellent class has one year under their belts while Stanford does not.

He also knocked down Baylor because the lost a key player- Brown. Everyone who followed the Pac 12 would tell you that Stanford will miss Smiths presence in the center more than Baylor will miss Browns. He stated that Cox will be affected by Browns absence. I don't think Cox will be affected as much ( unless she is forced to play in the low post ) as much as it will affect N. Smith. I see her as the question mark in that respect. Still, despite that, I see no way Baylor should be lower than #2.
DanaDane
Andy Katz has never even been to a women's college basketball game. He probably thinks Immaculata is still a national power.
setshot
These summaries downplay Cooper for some reason, despite her high ranking in the SEC last year and her preseason ranking nationally, as well as her high positives in the projected WNBA draft. None of that matters, of course, if she does not actually produce on the court, but her talent has never been in question, and Mulkey is likely to surround her with an abundance of talent and challenge her to be a leader, a role that she should be able to handle.

The other interesting factor is the omission of DeGrate as a player with the likelihood of having a very positive impact this year. Until last season I had decided that Erin was unable to make the transition to the pace and level of skill that exist in Power Five basketball, but she held her own in her time on the floor against the Lady Bears and I was very favorably impressed with her. Like Cooper, being on the floor with the level of talent that the Lady Bears deploy should bring out the best in her game, and playing before a real home crowd just adds to that.

I really look forward to this basketball season, as both the men and the women should be entertaining and go far in the postseason.
slimecap
DanaDane said:

Andy Katz has never even been to a women's college basketball game. He probably thinks Immaculata is still a national power.
DanaDane Thanks for providing a Kodak moment in your analogy Your post gave me my best Forum smile of the day.
Dcheetah
That thread also discounts any production from Queen at 5 and no growth from Decosta.
CavalryRoadie
DanaDane said:

I thought Immaculata was a drink at Starbucks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.