Off topic: Just in case someone (like me) was not paying attention

2,172 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MrGolfguy
uglytobone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big 12 home opener tonight at 7.

LEXINGTON, Ky. Baylor volleyball is No. 1 in the AVCA Division I Coaches Top 25 Poll for the first time in program history, released Monday afternoon.

The No. 1 ranking tops the previous all-time program record set last week at No. 2. BU's 54 first-place votes are also a program record, surpassing last week's 27 votes.

Volleyball is the ninth Baylor program to earn a No. 1 ranking and the third BU team in 2019 (women's basketball, acrobatics & tumbling).

Baylor is the third Big 12 program to garner the No. 1 AVCA ranking, joining Texas and former member Nebraska. BU is the first conference team since 2017 to hold the top spot in the poll.

BU is the last remaining unbeaten team in DI college volleyball with an 11-0 record, including a 5-0 mark at home.

Prior to last season's program-best No. 12 ranking, BU was ranked for 10 straight weeks and peaked at No. 17 in 2009, which stood as the program-high ranking for eight years in the 37-year history of the AVCA poll.
Since 2017, the Bears entered the top-25 for the first time since 2009, became a top-15 team for the first time ever and recently became a top-five squad three weeks ago.

The Bears are ranked for the 43rd time in program history and have received votes in the poll for 32 straight weeks dating back to the 2017 season.

Baylor will open host Oklahoma for its Big 12 home opener on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Ferrell Center. Fans can purchase tickets online at www.BaylorBears.com/tickets. The match will be televised via Big 12 Now on ESPN+.

Malbec

25-19, 25-16, 25-12
57Bear
Thanks for posting
baylorjunkie
Agreed. Thanks for posting. The Volleyball team is amazing. Love that the athletes support each other!!!
blueeyedbear
Nice post Malbec !!! SWEEP< SWEEP < SWEEP
juliejay84
This post made me think of Melissa Jones. Anyone know what she's up to these days?
MrGolfguy
MJ is living in Waco, working at a car dealership i believe.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.