Will Aston make it thru the season?

9,426 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by WacoKelly83
EatMoreSalmon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texas not looking so hot to start off. After last few years is there enough discouragement to push a change?
DFW Bill
Halftime, Arizona 38, Texas 19.
bearbone11
They don't care enough to can her midseason, but I have a feeling they are headed toward a mutual separation with her contract expiring at the end of the season. This is embarrassing to the whole conference. The same applies to Sherri Coale and Oklahoma.
R11
ScottS
Doing less with more
DFW Bill
Texas loses to Arizona 83-58.
57Bear
DFW Bill said:

Texas loses to Arizona 83-58.
at Frank C. Erwin, Jr., Special Events Center
Brickyard Bear
She's gone for sure after this season. They'll go for someone with a proven, high-level record this time, and that's not really a long list, at least for those who may be attainable. Jeff Walz? The Oregon State guy? Vic Schaefer?
geewago
I was in Austin last night and today so I went and watched this game. Was a fair crowd but not very lively. It was worth it to watch the Arizona point guard just take over the game. I mean they could NOT stop her and never seemed to change any plans to try until the final 4 minutes and then Karen put on the press and went to fowling like a flock of birds. I believe their PG scored 44 points today. Don't be surprised if they don't give Oregon a tough game.

Collier continues to improve (on her own) and is actually a very good 3 point shooter. Holmes on the other hand just throws em up with a prayer. I don't understand why the coaching staff allows that.

At halftime I did overhear a group of men in the walkway talking about the game and one said, "We've just got to go a different route, we can't just keep putting this kind of product on the floor." So I guess there is some unhappy campers in the Capital City.
slimecap
EatMoreSalmon said:

Will Aston make it thru the season?

Drum dee-dum-dum
... and the tension builds at The Drum.
Attendance today was 3147.

To put that number in a visual perspective
Seating capacity = 7500 for the old Gregory Gym back when it hosted basketball games.
ABC BEAR
UT has never hesitated to open the vault for the coach they want in WBB. Their problem has been paying someone for what they've done in the past rather than someone who will be the face of the program for the next 20 years.
Malbec
That was a woeful performance. That team on the floor today was not a .500 B12 team.
fubar
Texas is on the cusp of greatness. Asston just needs another five years.
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
ScottS
This
GrizBear
fubar said:

There's a new sheriff ... 'er ... U-Haul in town ...
ScottS
fubar
Where is her badge? She needs her badge.
SirBearALot
next few weeks they play Stanford and Tennessee and NC st., they will lose to all of them, W.Va. will beat them. Iowa St. Will Beat them. Okla.St. will beat them, if they dont get it together they will loose at least once to every Big 12 team. looking at 5th or 6th in conference standings,
gone to Tickfaw
the wheels are coming off. she's done. like another poster, I sensed alot of animosity from the players... all they could do to sit next to her... and I expected them to walk off...

that drive by, brush by handshake and animosity toward Kim rubs off in other relationships...

on the UT board, they are hoping for Waltz, Schaeffer, Blair, etc. Almost all mentioned were men. UT won't hire a man for the WBB team.

For UT to become relevant, they'll need to land a Becky Hammon or convince Geno to come down to the warmth and a strong conference. And any coach of that ilk needs to demand the same contract as Shaka.
WacoKelly83
UT related.

Former Texas commit to North Carolina
BearTruth
Kim broke Aston
BU71
BearTruth said:

Kim broke Aston
I always thought she needed more experience. Maybe 1-2 more seasons under CKM but maybe I'm biased.
DanaDane
Why would any perennial Top 6-8 coach in WBB leave the program she/he has built into a powerhouse and start over? It rarely happens. The Texas WBB job doesn't have the cache some of you think it has. Everyone always said Tennesee would have its pick of any coach when Summit retired and you see what has transpired through TWO searches. Horns most likely scenario will be selection of a successful mid major coach or make the usual mistake most programs fall into by picking someone who suddenly has a great record this year and has received lots of media attention.
Eball
fubar said:

That is a good one! I We can only hope!
fubar
Eball said:

fubar said:

That is a good one! I We can only hope!
My source tells me that the UT bus actually got to the correct arena for the Arizona game -- my source is admittedly kinda sketchy, maybe someone else knows for sure -- which is the kind of internal improvements any program can boast.

Texas is THAT close to greatness. Five more years. Maybe six. That's all Asston needs.
BuinmyBlood
WacoKelly83 said:

UT related.

Okay, I'll bite. Who is the Texas commit that is now switching to North Carolina?
Goldigger
Aston invented RBF. What a dreadful woman.
57Bear
BuinmyBlood said:

WacoKelly83 said:

UT related.

Okay, I'll bite. Who is the Texas commit that is now switching to North Carolina?
Deja Kelly made national headlines in 2014 when she committed to Texas as a seventh-grader. She decommitted from Texas and reopened her recruitment in 2018. ...
slimecap
SirBearALot said:

next few weeks they play Stanford and Tennessee and NC st., they will lose to all of them, W.Va. will beat them. Iowa St. Will Beat them. Okla.St. will beat them, if they dont get it together they will lose at least once to every Big 12 team. looking at 5th or 6th in conference standings,
FINAL in Hawaii
North Carolina State 84 vs Texas 73
BUVA
ABC BEAR said:

UT has never hesitated to open the vault for the coach they want in WBB. Their problem has been paying someone for what they've done in the past rather than someone who will be the face of the program for the next 20 years.

I don't think WBB brings enough eyes and $$ to UT for them to shell out huge bucks. They don't travel well to watch; fan presence at BIG 12 tournament minimal. Their high profile players are gone; McCarty was the last spark. I think they will go low and try to bring in someone from a rising program. The big names are too comfortable and well paid to consider leaving. Maybe Oregon State coach? Holly W from Tennessee might still be looking.
blueeyedbear
BUVA said:

ABC BEAR said:

I don't think WBB brings enough eyes and $$ to UT for them to shell out huge bucks. They don't travel well to watch; fan presence at BIG 12 tournament minimal. Their high profile players are gone; McCarty was the last spark. I think they will go low and try to bring in someone from a rising program. The big names are too comfortable and well paid to consider leaving. Maybe Oregon State coach? Holly W from Tennessee might still be looking.
There is no way Texas will abandon women's Big 12 basketball titles to us - they will go after a big name coach especially since we are nipping at their heals in volleyball now.
BU71
Does anyone know why the CKM Aston relationship got so cold after Aston left BU?
blueeyedbear
BU71 said:

Does anyone know why the CKM Aston relationship got so cold after Aston left BU?
LOYALITY
beardoc
Plus, getting beat on a regular basis will get frosty.
IndyYes
Looks like Aston and her Lady Horns just took another loss on Sunday night to Hawaii. Certainly the seat of her pants are getting scorched now.
slimecap
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.