Lamar vs. Baylor Game Thread

6,269 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by blueeyedbear
HoustonBear15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone watching? Not a large crowd tonight
HoustonBear15
Baylor 14, Lamar 7 at first timeout
MrGolfguy
Game over
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
HoustonBear15
Baylor 24, Lamar 7
End 1st Quarter
Dcheetah
Are we moving the ball any better? Would love to see more offensive involvement for our 3 pt shooters and Didi.
HoustonBear15
The entire bench is in to start the second
Malbec
HoustonBear15 said:

Volleyball Recovery Night
HoustonBear15
Dcheetah said:

Are we moving the ball any better? Would love to see more offensive involvement for our 3 pt shooters and Didi.
Still some reckless passes. The movement isn't crisp- 5 turnovers in the first quarter and one to start off the second
Malbec
Moon filling the hole like a LB.
HoustonBear15
Lamar was actually a decent team last season. They beat A&M. Lost their head coach to the College of Charleston
HoustonBear15
J. Oliver and Moon are less than impressive on the offensive end right now. Trinity is just kinda there. Bickle and Erin are working hard though
HoustonBear15
Baylor 35, Lamar 13
Halftime.
bearbone11
I'm not sure how I feel about putting the whole 2nd string in as a unit. Two of them are playing out of position and none of them look comfortable as primary ball handler. I think Lamar found a couple members of the Lollipop Guild to guard Degrate, but we still manage to turn the ball over trying to feed the post.
R11
Dcheetah
we weren't very good feeding the post last year early on either, hopefully it will get much better.
HoustonBear15
bearbone11 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about putting the whole 2nd string in as a unit. Two of them are playing out of position and none of them look comfortable as primary ball handler. I think Lamar found a couple members of the Lollipop Guild to guard Degrate, but we still manage to turn the ball over trying to feed the post.
Their positions look pretty okay to me

1. PG- J. Oliver (she's out of position, but this is where she's training)
2. SG- Moon
3. SF- T. Oliver
4. PF- Bickle (this is also where she trains but can play other positions)
5. C- DeGrate
Malbec
BU employed the Rip Van Winkle Offense in that quarter. There are about 31 dead spots on the floor where Yossi's kills landed last night.

I hope that Bickle can continue to get some solid game minutes. She really has great court awareness, but you can tell sometimes that she is pressing in her limited time. If she were just the tiniest bit swifter there is no question she would be an impact player. Maybe she will get more comfortable and put the ball up more as she gets more time until Lauren comes back.
HoustonBear15
Nalyssa is not a very good passer. She often sees the open player too late or forces it to somewhere that's not open. She and Egbo both need to work on their awareness.
bawitdaball
DeGrate and Egbo have got to learn to not bring the ball down. Can't wait for them to keep it up - going to really make them that much more effective.
bearbone11
I will say the backups have done a very good job on defense. Actually outpacing the starters.
R11
historian
Big win for the Lady Bears. Egbo, Degrate & Bickle all had plenty of great plays. Fun to watch.
bearbone11
Kim specifically said in postgame that Lauren has not been ruled out for the Virgin Islands. Sounds like she may be back before long.
R11
SSadler
Lamar was an extremely small squad. You don't often see college teams come through Ferrell with so much disadvantage in height.
roadrunner
As CBB says "catch it high, keep it high." Good things happen when our posts do this.
SMU grad, Baylor women’s basketball enthusiast
HoustonBear15
bearbone11 said:

Kim specifically said in postgame that Lauren has not been ruled out for the Virgin Islands. Sounds like she may be back before long.
We need her for South Carolina!!!
MrGolfguy
90-28 final

SMH
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
BUbackerinET
Are you kidding me? 90-28? It's just remarkable that any basketball team can only get 28 points in 4 quarters...
GoldenBear
HoustonBear15 said:

Yes, there was "only" 7,352 officially in attendance.
Scottdye
Good Morning Lady Bear Fans,

I am so excited that basketball is back. Do we know if the Post Game Conference will be posted?

I see a lot of potential in this team.

GoldenBear
Scottdye said:

I am so excited that basketball is back. Do we know if the Post Game Conference will be posted?

Go to baylorbears.com and click in Sports and select "Women's Basketball" and then select "News" There is a PDF' for Quotes. I don't think it's the exact same dialogue as the radio interview, though.
historian
Bone Squad
Scottdye said:

Go to this link, and click "Subscribe." https://www.youtube.com/user/BaylorAthletics

Highlights and post game conferences are usually posted there within a few hours of the game. They usually do the same for men's basketball and football too.
Scottdye
Thank you very much for sharing the link with me. I truly appreciate it.
ScottS
historian said:

Gizzards?
HoustonBear15
GoldenBear said:

HoustonBear15 said:

There's absolutely no way there were that many there last night
historian
GoldenBear said:

HoustonBear15 said:

I thought that was the crowd for the VB game Wednesday night: #3 Baylor beat #1 Texas in dramatic fashion.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.