FREE THROWS !! FREE THROWS !! FREE THROWS !!

2,298 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by blueeyedbear
geewago
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ALPF'XP CXPP ZOXYB, TWBNYVAPYF CXPP !! WVA GLPS ALPF'XP HOBBPJ ALPF TXP QPXF ENBAYF.

The above is not cussing. Though we sometimes want to when they miss.

This is a CRYPTOQUOTE. Figure it out if you have the time.

I'll make it easy = P equals E

Winner gets a 2008-2009 Lady Bears Media Guide (last year printed on paper) or a KM bobble head doll. Your choice.
SirBearALot
THEY'RE FREE GIRLS ABSOLUTELY FREE, BUT WHEN THEY'RE MISSED THEY ARE VERY COSTLY.
SirBearALot
O ELNBP HWY?F JNYY !!
geewago
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER. I've always wanted to say that even though my name aint Butch.
GoldenBear
geewago said:

ALPF'XP CXPP ZOXYB, TWBNYVAPYF CXPP !! WVA GLPS ALPF'XP HOBBPJ ALPF TXP QPXF ENBAYF.

The above is not cussing. Though we sometimes want to when they miss.

This is a CRYPTOQUOTE. Figure it out if you have the time.

I'll make it easy = P equals E

Winner gets a 2008-2009 Lady Bears Media Guide (last year printed on paper) or a KM bobble head doll. Your choice.
It's better to miss now rather than later. They'll come around to 70%+. I hope that includes Egbo.
geewago
Sirbearalot PM your number to me and I'll deliver that coveted doll to the FC at the next game.
SirBearALot
Believe it or not.. I have never been to the Ferrel! I am an arm chair quarterback. I go to games when they are in the Metroplex. I have a client who goes and has even flown with the team on out of town games. He can pick it up and he can have it from me since I have one already. He has second home on the river in Waco. Will pm his name. I will call him first. Thanks that was fun.
SirBearALot
Didi has really improved her free throws. Now about those lay ups...
ScottS
Sir BearALot, you are due for a game in Waco.
SirBearALot
I know. Ha. I don't get out much. Glad regionals are back in Dallas. Sic' em!

SirBearALot
I even get to see the baseball team at DBU.
Chibears2
For posts, if you hit your free throws, you don't get hacked and bumped as badly. Miss your free throws, and it makes it worth the foul (up to a point) for the defense to beat the crap out of you...
Bone Squad
Chibears2 said:

For posts, if you hit your free throws, you don't get hacked and bumped as badly. Miss your free throws, and it makes it worth the foul (up to a point) for the defense to beat the crap out of you...
I see why this ought to be true. I somehow think Britney Griner and Kalani Brown (both very good free throw shooters) would disagree that it works this way.
Chibears2
I just know when I was coaching and we went up against posts bigger than us, it was always, don't give anything free until they prove they can hit from the line. (Or until foul trouble became an issue.)

I think two things with Kalani and BG might lend to what you were stating:
1) They were so tall and dominant inside, that fouling was only chance to slow them down for some mismatched teams, even if they made most of their free throws. (I sometimes wonder, after BG's dust up with Jordan Barncastle her freshman year, if some opponents didn't foul hard, just hoping to get a response that might get her removed from the game.)
2) The amount of energy defenders had to expend guarding those two, specifically, made their defenders just grapple and reach out of sheer exhaustion, sort of like two heavy weight boxers in the later rounds just hanging on to each other to remain upright.
blueeyedbear
Chibears2 said:

I just know when I was coaching and we went up against posts bigger than us, it was always, don't give anything free until they prove they can hit from the line. (Or until foul trouble became an issue.)

I think two things with Kalani and BG might lend to what you were stating:
1) They were so tall and dominant inside, that fouling was only chance to slow them down for some mismatched teams, even if they made most of their free throws. (I sometimes wonder, after BG's dust up with Jordan Barncastle her freshman year, if some opponents didn't foul hard, just hoping to get a response that might get her removed from the game.)
2) The amount of energy defenders had to expend guarding those two, specifically, made their defenders just grapple and reach out of sheer exhaustion, sort of like two heavy weight boxers in the later rounds just hanging on to each other to remain upright.
That tactic started with Christy Curry and the thugs she had at Texas Tech - Jeff Walz took it a step further with his "Streetball" tactics
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.