South Carolina bounces back for win, setting up showdown with No. 2 Baylor

2,279 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DanaDane
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
DJHONSON
Any predictions for tomorrow? I feel like Someone is gonna have a break out game!
blueeyedbear
DJHONSON said:

Any predictions for tomorrow? I feel like Someone is gonna have a break out game!
Its time for Juicy to bust a good one and Smith is going to be highly motivated after sitting in a chair most of the game vs Indiana because of fouls. Might be a game where Erin proves her value. Boston is a load and Erin is the on that can bang with her - Queen and Smith can finesse her and maybe get her into foul trouble - she cant score and rebound from the bench - ask Indiana
Polarbear
I hope we win the game, because I always cheer for us to win every game.

But more that that, I hope South Carolina plays at an elite level and challenges us in every way. I'm becoming less confident that the Big 12 Conference teams can provide us with the elite competition we need to sharpen our saw for a Final Four run. Perhaps the best other Big 12 teams are Texas, Iowa State, West Virginia, and Kansas State, but none of them are looking like Top 10 teams this year; maybe none are even Top 25!. It's difficult to coast through an average schedule and then face elite competition for the first time in the Sweet 16. Every non-conference game v ranked opponents is incredibly valuable (South Florida, Indiana, South Carolina, UConn), and we should hope they all give us everything they got to expose our areas for improvement.

I hope South Carolina brings their A game. I hope today that Boston is a load inside, and forces us to battle for position on both ends. I hope Boston and Harrigan expose our failure to block out for rebounds. I hope that Harris and the other guards get back on defense and prevent us from getting easy fast break points, forcing us to earn it in the halfcourt. I hope they shoot 45% from the 3 point line, forcing us to close out with more purpose and intensity, and perhaps even causing us to adjust how we defend the 3. I hope that everybody on the roster gets significant minutes in a highly competitive game, and they just might given it's our third consecutive day of games. Most especially I hope that Queen, NaLyssa, and Moon play significant 4th quarter minutes in a tight game that goes down to the last possession.

A game like that today could pay big dividends in March.
blueeyedbear
Polarbear said:

But more that that, I hope South Carolina plays at an elite level and challenges us in every way. I'm becoming less confident that the Big 12 Conference teams can provide us with the elite competition we need to sharpen our saw for a Final Four run. Perhaps the best other Big 12 teams are Texas, Iowa State, West Virginia, and Kansas State, but none of them are looking like Top 10 teams this year; maybe none are even Top 25!. It's difficult to coast through an average schedule and then face elite competition for the first time in the Sweet 16. Every non-conference game v ranked opponents is incredibly valuable (South Florida, Indiana, South Carolina, UConn), and we should hope they all give us everything they got to expose our areas for improvement.

I hope South Carolina brings their A game. I hope today that Boston is a load inside, and forces us to battle for position on both ends. I hope Boston and Harrigan expose our failure to block out for rebounds. I hope that Harris and the other guards get back on defense and prevent us from getting easy fast break points, forcing us to earn it in the halfcourt. I hope they shoot 45% from the 3 point line, forcing us to close out with more purpose and intensity, and perhaps even causing us to adjust how we defend the 3. I hope that everybody on the roster gets significant minutes in a highly competitive game, and they just might given it's our third consecutive day of games. Most especially I hope that Queen, NaLyssa, and Moon play significant 4th quarter minutes in a tight game that goes down to the last possession.

You just might get your wish - I hope for a challenging game with no injuries to either team and win or lose a positive learning experience for our ladies.
SirBearALot
Are fans of the Gamecocks called Rooster Boosters ? Today they face s hungry bear in their hen house!
Chibears2
Boston grew up in the Virgin Islands. Has been a large, vocal local group supporting the Gamecocks at all their games because of her. I think our fans have been largest besides that, but we will definitely underdogs crowd-wise. They're likely to get the calls, too. A little adversity to test ourselves. At least it is not a home game for USCe where we have to listen to that rooster crow after SC baskets!
GoldenBear
Interesting there is NO report for either the WSU game or the game with IU on this venue.

Thank you Jason for the Lady Bear information you provide. Especially the pressers..
willtalk
Baylor should try to get the USA team in Feb. I believe they are still looking for one more game. That could be a good tune-up for the NCAA's.
DanaDane
Polarbear said:

You got your wish. They brought their A game. Outrebounded us by double digits. Out shot us. Better at the free throw line. Played much better defense.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.