Oregon/Stanford

2,137 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BUbackerinET
BUbackerinET
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stanford looked horrible. Slow, and shooting that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. In contrast, Oregon looked legit - Oregon will move up, Stanford will drop at least 6 spots.
Chibears2
Margin of victory was astounding to me!
DanaDane
BUbackerinET said:

Stanford looked horrible. Slow, and shooting that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. In contrast, Oregon looked legit - Oregon will move up, Stanford will drop at least 6 spots.
SHOULD drop 6 spots. Reality is the West Coast voters will keep 'em high enough they'll only drop 2.
willtalk
I always felt that Stanford was ranked too high, to begin with. Their team is still far too young and inexperienced. Tara plays a lot of players and that type of rotation takes longer for a team to develop chemistry. They should be tougher by the end of the season. As to dropping too far, that should not happen because not enough other teams have played well enough to replace them. You guys are just figuring since Baylor was dropped far too much for their loss to SC that fair play should have Stanford also drop. We knew that the Pac 12 was going to cannibalize itself this season. The real surprise was Arizona St. They finally got Tarpley in the lineup for the Oregon teams. That is the reason they did not do so well previously. She is a real beast and makes all the difference. Besides that they play very physical and win ugly. With her in the lineup, they are a real dangerous team.
SirBearALot
Stanford lost to an unranked 6 loss Texas team Should dropped 6 or more on that loss alone but only dropped 2 or 3 spots pac 12 voters in WBB are the SEC football voters twin sisters.
Mulder
The Cardinal, 7 points in the 4th, thought the game was 30 minutes in duration.
They took off in the 4th quarter.

Sorta glad Sabrina L. failed to get a Triple Double. We'd never hear the end of it.
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
fredbear
Stanford struggled with UC Davis until fourth qtr and only won by 7. Enough said.
fredbear
And Stanford left IS wide open all night for some unknown reason. Gave her three feet to shoot. Set up? Bad scouting? IS really that quick unless didi is on her?
Lone Star
Stanford started well in the first half but toward the end of that half and especially in the second half showed their youth and inexperience. Some really bad shot selections by Fingall and Haley Jones. Rushed shots, bad 3-pointers, never set up their offense on many possessions and that gave Oregon more opportunity to increase the margin of victory.

I would love to hear "Cyclone Larry's" take on why they left Ionescu in the game when up by over 20 with 5 minutes to go? LOL (not really).

Oregon is good, no doubt but, beatable. Just ask Jeff Walz who has beat them in their last 2 meetings with Ionescu on board. He gears his defense on shutting down Ionescu and letting the others on that team beat you.
Hairy Bear
Stanford can look horrible and they can look good. Oregon usually looks good but does not always win the game. The Pac12 is one crazy conference. It is the strongest conference and also the nuttiest. West Coast crazy.
whitetrash
Meanwhile, in other games involving ranked teams, Indiana (who beat #1 S Carolina) loses at home to a mediocre Northwestern, and for only the second time in 8 seasons in the AAC, UConn wins a conference game by only single digits (59-52 over UCF).
LOTRADER
It is tough to win on the road in the PAC-12. Just look at last week with Oregon & Oregon State at ASU. And, then Stanford gets rolled by 30 in Eugene. If Baylor, South Carolina, UCONN had to play in the PAC-12 conference, none of these teams would finish the season with 0 or 1 loss. Now having said that, I still believe Baylor and Oregon are the two best teams at this moment. Then there is everyone else in the ever shifting TOP 10.
SirBearALot
UCLA has not played a strong schedule as of yet.. and yes they are quite short.. 4 players at 6'2"..now one else taller, and they do not play a ranked team till 1-31 ... so they should be undefeated till then.. According to my Satistic-o-meter.. Org.St has 9 ranked teams left on their schedule, Oregon has 7 plus at UCONN.. Arz.St has 9 ranked opponents left.. and of the 6 ranked teams in the Pac 12 the easiest remaining schedule belongs to Stanford, they have only 6 remaining ranked opponents, Az and UCLA have 7 left..
Malbec
LOTRADER said:

It is tough to win on the road in the PAC-12. Just look at last week with Oregon & Oregon State at ASU. And, then Stanford gets rolled by 30 in Eugene. If Baylor, South Carolina, UCONN had to play in the PAC-12 conference, none of these teams would finish the season with 0 or 1 loss. Now having said that, I still believe Baylor and Oregon are the two best teams at this moment. Then there is everyone else in the ever shifting TOP 10.
You have a point, but put ASU in the Big 12 and Baylor would still have 0 losses. And, put Baylor in the Pac12 and they wouldn't lose to the Sun Devils there either.
MrGolfguy
LOTRADER said:

If Baylor, UConn... had to play in the PAC-12 conference, none of these teams would finish the season with 0 or 1 loss.
Easy to say, hard to prove.
Eball
We all knew going into season that Oregon, Oregon State and Stanford would be really good...UCLA and the two Arizona schools showing that they can be very competitive. I worry that Baylor can make it through B12 undefeated as there are schools with enough talent that if we do not play well they could beat us. WVU tonight is capable I hope we not looking past them...yet WVU also looked dreadful in their last home game v OU so you just never know.

South Carolina is much the same very good a top team while they have a slightly easier path through the SEC it certainly would not surprise me for them to lose a game or two against the likes of Kentucky, MSU, A&M(with Carter back and healthy) even LSU or Tenn...however no way they make it through PAC 12 unscathed either...

You have to acknowledge PAC 12 is freaking loaded at the top this year and I am glad we do not play in that conference.
BUbackerinET
But she is unbelievable, and one of the top 3 players in the country, and perhaps the best.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.