Irv Mac v Flower Mound

5,072 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by UBBY
Scout Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Halftime - Mac 30 FM 23. Leading scorer for FM is Maddie Cox with 9. She hit 2 threes. She is guarding 6-5 post Hannah Gusters who has 2 fouls. Andrews played limited minutes.
Scout Bear
2nd half - Gusters has 8 points and 2 fouls. Andrews 0 points.
Scout Bear
Mac up 32 - 29. Cox has 11.
Scout Bear
Andrews scores.
Scout Bear
Cox scores over Gustrrs for her 13th point. Gusters has 10 points. Mac up 36 to 33 with 3 minutes left in 3rd.
Scout Bear
Cox scores over Gusters again. Cox is a 6-2 freshman.
Scout Bear
End of 3rd. 40-40. Gusters has 12. Cox has 15. Andrews has 2. Andrews is passing very well. Big batyle in paint between Gusters and Cox.
Scout Bear
Cox blocks Gusters.
Scout Bear
Sorry -Cox is 6-3 freshman.
Scout Bear
Barnburner in Irving. Mac up 47-45. Cox blocked Gusters again. Andrews heating up. Has 7
Hits a 3 from the corner.
Scout Bear
1 minute left. FM up 49-47.
Scout Bear
Gusters got her 4th foul. Cox at the line. Hits first. Hits 2nd. FM up 51-47. 49 seconds left.
Scout Bear
Cox has 17. Gusters 12.
BaylorBears_254
Laurens freshman sister is taking it to our 5*post for next year? Sheesh, idk how to feel about that at all
Scout Bear
Tied at 51. 5 seconds left. FM has ball. Gusters scored twice over Cox to tie it.
Scout Bear
Overtime. Andrews misses off the rim from midcourt to try to win.
Scout Bear
Andrewd scores. Then comes back with a feed to Gusters who scores. Mac up 55 to 51. 1:20 left.
Scout Bear
55-54 Mac.
Scout Bear
7 seconds left. Andrews hits 2 free throws to make it 57-54. FM has ball.
Scout Bear
Mac wins in ot 57-54.
Scout Bear
Cox has 17. Gusters 18. Andrews 11.
bearbone11
Those in the know, how does Maddie compare to her sister at the same age? Holding her own against an All American as a freshman seems pretty impressive.
R11
Dcheetah
Really impressive for Maddie Cox as a true freshman. For those who were there, what is her demeanor on the court? Is she like LC?
DanaDane
BaylorBears_254 said:

Laurens freshman sister is taking it to our 5*post for next year? Sheesh, idk how to feel about that at all
This is why I roll my eyes when people post during recruiting that some 5 star or 4 star we (or anyone else) sign is "gonna come in and dominate." It rarely happens. Most 5 star freshmen spend 1, if not 2, years, warming the pine as they build their skills before they get anywhere close to dominating.
geewago
I didn't see Lauren play as a freshman but I doubt she was as good as what I saw tonight in Maddie. The girl can score and has a great long range shot. Gusters appeared to me to be a tad out of shape but she has got the height and body to get it done after Kim gets her in shape. Sarah was very slow tonight compared to what I've seen in the past. Just coming off her injury, she appeared to be winded a good part of the game. She probably doesn't completely trust her knee yet because she wasn't cutting and slashing much tonight.

Maddie will be awesome after 3 more years. Played very well for a freshman.
DFW Bill
Maddie was very impressive tonight. She appears to be the team leader as a Freshman. Her fundamentals are sound, like Lauren she keeps the ball high with both hands at all times, see's the court well and passes the ball to players in position to score. Does this sound familiar?

Maddie has a soft touch and uses the backboard in the paint to her advantage. Showed tonight her three point range as well as being a mid range threat. This past summer I watched Maddie demonstrate her defensive agility in an elite level camp. Her lateral quickness was surprising for a player 6'3" and not yet in High School. She has
a great upside as my friend geewago commented. I think at the college level she would fit in well as a 3 and possibly on occasion a 2.

Geewago and I gave Scout Bear our specific order to issue Maddie an offer for a scholarship to Baylor. He was involved most of the evening trying to negotiate a startup rooster farm. This is what happens when the Stock Market goes up like a rocket.

On a more serious note, I really hope the youngest Cox sister plays at Baylor with her BFF, a real dynamic duo.
mlb60
BaylorBears_254 said:

Feel that it's Lauren's little sister who just might wind up being a better player than Lauren. I'm looking forward to seeing CKM coach her and pray that happens.
Dcheetah
Maddie was one of the top 2 3pt shooters at Bluestars 30 this past summer.
ScottS
Dumb question....do we know if MCox will be a Baylor signee? It seems that way but just checking if its for sure???
SirBearALot
If she is 6' 3" now then she might be taller in two more years ? Just imagine a 6'5" shooting threes ?
BaylorBears_254
Hopefully we have the inside track on Maddie, because that's just pure talent on her end to do what she did against Gusters.

blueeyedbear
geewago said:

I didn't see Lauren play as a freshman but I doubt she was as good as what I saw tonight in Maddie. The girl can score and has a great long range shot. Gusters appeared to me to be a tad out of shape but she has got the height and body to get it done after Kim gets her in shape. Sarah was very slow tonight compared to what I've seen in the past. Just coming off her injury, she appeared to be winded a good part of the game. She probably doesn't completely trust her knee yet because she wasn't cutting and slashing much tonight.

Maddie will be awesome after 3 more years. Played very well for a freshman.
I did not see Lauren play as a HS Freshman so I really cannot make a comparison about that but there is one thing they have in common - fierce competitors !!! I have watched Maddie for the last two years and she has grown into her body and is very comfortable and she has that exact same edge to her that Lauren has that makes her so good. She was not intimidated by Gusters at all and the bright lights were not to bright for her and she is only a freshman. I believe Maddie still has some serious upside especially if she grows to 6'5" which is very likely. Would not surprise me at all if she moves up the rankings to the #1 prospect in the nation just like her sister.
Wineguy89
DFW Bill said:

Maddie was very impressive tonight. She appears to be the team leader as a Freshman. Her fundamentals are sound, like Lauren she keeps the ball high with both hands at all times, see's the court well and passes the ball to players in position to score. Does this sound familiar?

Maddie has a soft touch and uses the backboard in the paint to her advantage. Showed tonight her three point range as well as being a mid range threat. This past summer I watched Maddie demonstrate her defensive agility in an elite level camp. Her lateral quickness was surprising for a player 6'3" and not yet in High School. She has
a great upside as my friend geewago commented. I think at the college level she would fit in well as a 3 and possibly on occasion a 2.

Geewago and I gave Scout Bear our specific order to issue Maddie an offer for a scholarship to Baylor. He was involved most of the evening trying to negotiate a startup rooster farm. This is what happens when the Stock Market goes up like a rocket.

On a more serious note, I really hope the youngest Cox sister plays at Baylor with her BFF, a real dynamic duo.

She will come to BU. Done and done. Enjoy your Saturday.
bearbone11
I guess I'll book my tickets to the 2025 Final Four.
R11
blueeyedbear
If Momma has anything to say about it - which she does - she will be here. Only concern I have is the legacy thing - pressure to be as good as Lauren - Maddie seems to be immune to that this early in her High School Career so hopefully she can come to BU and just be Maddie not Laurens sister - No doubt in my mind the talent is there for her to be her own player.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.