Irv Mac v Flower Mound

5,029 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by UBBY
Heart
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love hearing about Maddie Cox! I hope she loves Baylor and comes here and shines bright!
BUbackerinET
Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't she already indicate she was an oral commitment to play volleyball at some B1G school (I think it was Nebraska). Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that was the case with her
Dcheetah
wrong sister.
Malbec
Dcheetah said:

wrong sister.
And wrong conference and school; it was SEC and Missouri. The trifecta!
slimecap
Heart said:

I love hearing about Maddie Cox! I hope she loves Baylor and comes here and shines bright!
Maddie Cox attended the WVU vs BU game last night.
BUbackerinET
Ahhhh, thanks for the clarification. Which sister was that that chose VB? Ok, Mal, said I wasn't sure - thanks for the clarification - couldn't understand Mizzou over Baylor even for VB.
BU82EX
I'm curious about the dynamics that caused one sister to pick Missouri volleyball (22-8/4th in SEC) over the school that is 90 minutes away, where her sister attended and was an All American and where the team finished 29-2 and made it to the final four? I understand it was a different sport with a different coach, but are we sure that Maddie will be headed our way in 3 years? Hope so, just not sure how it is trending our way given the decision Kaylee Cox made this fall. Again, I get there are different sport dynamics, but you sure would have thought we would have been able to secure Kaylee given the success of the VB program.
Malbec
BUbackerinET said:

Ahhhh, thanks for the clarification. Which sister was that that chose VB? Ok, Mal, said I wasn't sure - thanks for the clarification - couldn't understand Mizzou over Baylor even for VB.
You know I was just funnin' ya a little.
Malbec
BU82EX said:

I'm curious about the dynamics that caused one sister to pick Missouri volleyball (22-8/4th in SEC) over the school that is 90 minutes away, where her sister attended and was an All American and where the team finished 29-2 and made it to the final four? I understand it was a different sport with a different coach, but are we sure that Maddie will be headed our way in 3 years? Hope so, just not sure how it is trending our way given the decision Kaylee Cox made this fall. Again, I get there are different sport dynamics, but you sure would have thought we would have been able to secure Kaylee given the success of the VB program.
BU VB has a very specific culture that not every player is comfortable with. It's a great culture, just not for everyone. We can leave it at that.
blueeyedbear
Malbec said:

BU82EX said:

BU VB has a very specific culture that not every player is comfortable with. It's a great culture, just not for everyone. We can leave it at that.
That is the best explanation I have heard about BU Volleyball. Cryptic but perfect explanation if you know the coach, staff & team dynamics
setshot
It is not far off the mark to predict a Maddie Cox to Baylor, where she will be joined with her best buddy in the sport, the heralded Sammie Wagner. Sammie is a phenom, early designated the top player in her class, and her performance in this her freshman year in high school validates the prospects that have been assigned to her. Maddie has been a little farther down the list of touted young players, but her progress has been steady, if not spectacular. It may not be going too far to say that these two best friends will rank, if not #1 and #2 in the class, at the very least in the top five if they continue to grow in their game as they have done to this point.

Wagner is a legacy, and counting older sister Lauren as both an example and a mentor for Maddie, she too is something close to a legacy. DFW Bill has been following her early career and his enthusiasm for her game is extremely high. He thinks that she will join Sammie at Baylor and the two of them, if that should occur, would likely be a beacon for other elite players to join them. That class, in other words, would be off the charts in talent and in promise for this program.

Being a Lady Bear fan has always been fun in the Mulkey era, and the experience may be extended and magnified up ahead.
BUbackerinET
Sure - all good...
UBBY
slimecap said:

Heart said:

It's funny you say that. I noticed a girl with blonde hair and a sweatshirt sitting in the "family area" near the home bench. I thought to myself, that looks like Maddie Cox. Was that her? I sit on the opposite side so I couldn't tell.
blueeyedbear
UBBY said:

slimecap said:

Heart said:

It's funny you say that. I noticed a girl with blonde hair and a sweatshirt sitting in the "family area" near the home bench. I thought to myself, that looks like Maddie Cox. Was that her? I sit on the opposite side so I couldn't tell.
That's where she sat alright
UBBY
blueeyedbear said:

UBBY said:

slimecap said:

Heart said:

That's where she sat alright

Nice! She and Sammie together could be a terror especially if they get a little taller. Imagine down the road trying to go up against a 6'5 Maddie and 6'3 Sammie. They can both post up, shoot the mid range and deep range shots plus play good defense.
Chibears2
Pretty sure Sammie was there, too, with her dad. Either that or some middle aged alumni was trying to buy her off with concession stand money...
HoustonBear15
BU82EX said:

Maybe the dynamic is that we didn't offer her in volleyball...
DFW Bill
Maybe Kaylee just wanted to do her own thing. Baylor wasn't the right fit. She owes no explanation to us.

Different strokes.
HoustonBear15
DFW Bill said:

Maybe Kaylee just wanted to do her own thing. Baylor wasn't the right fit. She owes no explanation to us.

Different strokes.
I actually read an article about how Kaylee branches away from the family basketball tradition. I'll see if I can find it.
ScottS
Think Maddie commits early?
Scout Bear
She pretty much already has done that.
UBBY
Scout Bear said:

She pretty much already has done that.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.