UCLA losesno more unbeatens

1,914 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mulder
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
70-68 in 2OT to a truly awful USC (think Tech under Candy Whitaker bad).

Chou plays only a minute or two in regulation, but hits a 3 at the buzzer in the 1st OT to tie, then another to start 2nd OT. UCLA blows a 5 pt lead with a little over 2 to go in the second OT.

PAC12 May be deep with good teams, but limited on great teams.
Eball
whitetrash said:

70-68 in 2OT to a truly awful USC (think Tech under Candy Whitaker bad).

Chou plays only a minute or two in regulation, but hits a 3 at the buzzer in the 1st OT to tie, then another to start 2nd OT. UCLA blows a 5 pt lead with a little over 2 to go in the second OT.

PAC12 May be deep with good teams, but limited on great teams.
two top 8 teams both from PAC 12 have lost...the cannibalization will continue...just can't imagine any team from that conference making it back to #1 as it is likely the Champion of that league will have multiple losses.

This is a prime example of having a conference so strong with multiple teams, hurting themselves when it comes to seeding in the NCAA tourney...great for fans and being battle tested though...
LOTRADER
UCLA didn't have their superstar in the lineup. Sprained ankle during the week in practice. Still, not a good loss for UCLA.
Eball
LOTRADER said:

UCLA didn't have their superstar in the lineup. Sprained ankle during the week in practice. Still, not a good loss for UCLA.
Just curious how you think the PAC 12 shakes out when all is said and done? chance for a split league and tourney champ? who comes out as the highest rated at end of year?
gone to Tickfaw
Chou is getting little playing time... but she was starting at Baylor
Wineguy89
fujobear said:

Chou is getting little playing time... but she was starting at Baylor

Not developing out there like she would have had she stayed under Kim. Simple as "be careful what you wish for......"
Mulder
Just a thought.

Natalie Chou, perhaps, receives positive reinforcement after a game with her current team.
As oppose to being upbraided after a 30 point win with her former team.

An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
bearbone11
Mulder said:

Just a thought.

Natalie Chou, perhaps, receives positive reinforcement after a game with her current team.

Your signature makes more sense every day. How would you know what happens in the locker room after the game?
R11
Mulder
Several times the Coach has made reference to a 'heated locker room.'
Normally it revolves around allowing the opponent to cut into a 30 point lead in the 4th quarter.

Natalie, perhaps, after she left everything on the court, had a tough time with the logic. It's extremely difficult to hold a team to 25% shooting in every quarter.
bearbone11
Mulder said:

Several times the Coach has made reference to a 'heated locker room.'
Normally it revolves around allowing the opponent to cut into a 30 point lead in the 4th quarter.

Natalie, perhaps, after she left everything on the court, had a tough time with the logic. It's extremely difficult to hold a team to 25% shooting in every quarter.
She transferred because she was passed on the depth chart by Juicy and was not going to start anymore. Please give one piece of evidence that Natalie transferred because of something coach said. Your speculation is unfounded and unhelpful.

Kim coaches buzzer to buzzer and expects the best of her players no matter the game situation. That is how championship quality teams are made.
R11
setshot
Chou's mother was very involved in her life, and I would be surprised if she was not a major element in the decision to go to UCLA, a finalist in her list of preferred schools coming out of high school.
geewago
Mulder said:

Just a thought.

Looks like you're getting back to your old self. Tell us all about them wonderful Longhorns.
blueeyedbear
setshot said:

Chou's mother was very involved in her life, and I would be surprised if she was not a major element in the decision to go to UCLA, a finalist in her list of preferred schools coming out of high school.
Set Shot is right !!! Momma was the driving force behind Natalie leaving. It had to do with a Chinese cultural emotional issue that got blown out of perspective by Momma. Having said that Natalie would not be a starter here now but could have been a very valuable 6th or 7th of the bench. I liked Natalie and I wish her well but I wish she had listened to her heart and been able to convince her mother she really wanted to stay.
Mulder

Quote:

Looks like you're getting back to your old self. Tell us all about them wonderful Longhorns

While I'm all in with the Green and Gold, wouldn't it be something, if on the 31st, Karen and her charges in the State Capitol put another L on The Defending National Champions?

That would trend for 24 hours.

fubar
That's the MuLLLLLLder I remember from the old site.
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
Mulder
Natalie Chou's numbers on the Left Coast.
She has 32 steals in 17 games.
She always had quick hands.

Natalie Chou
Chibears2
Mulder said:

Just a thought.

Sometimes, what outsiders call "upbraiding" is actually challenging a player to achieve her highest potential and follow the coaching she has received, despite whatever the score might be. If a player expects to only get better during games that are close or losses, than she isn't going to improve much, and Baylor is not the place for her.

I don't know the coaches or the player personally and it could have gone down exactly as you portray, but I think there could definitely be an alternative explanation. Either way, sounds like the best resolution in either scenario was for the player to move on, which she has....

Hope Chou is able to enjoy her basketball career at UCLA, and I hope Baylor wins another National Championship this year, since the two are not mutually exclusive.
bunation
Mulder said:

Quote:

Looks like you're getting back to your old self. Tell us all about them wonderful Longhorns

While I'm all in with the Green and Gold,

wouldn't it be something, if on the 31st, Karen and her charges in the State Capitol put another L on The Defending National Champions?

Absurd post on this board.

You don't even have a toe "in."
DanaDane
Chou's mom was the one instrumental in her departure from here. Natalie's a cool kid. She's just not as dominating of a basketball player as her mother wants her to be. Mom thought a transfer to UCLA would result in an instant starting position and all kinds of national accolades. She was wrong. Natalie has good, not great skills. Hope she finishes out her career at UCLA in fine fashion (except ever beating us) because, like I said, Natalie is a very intelligent and nice young lady.
ScottS
Mulder said:

Quote:

While I'm all in with the Green and Gold, wouldn't it be something, if on the 31st, Karen and her charges in the State Capitol put another L on The Defending National Champions?

Not happening.
ScottS
Chou would have been part of a natty. But not to be.
Mulder
Natalie Chou & Lauren Cox, on several occasions, competed against and with each other. They became BFF at Baylor, roommates on the road.

Alas, through no fault of their own, a wrench was thrown into their friendship. Oh, well, all good things must come to an end.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.