Sedona Prince medical bills

3,184 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"Please know that this was not a bill from my first or second surgery. It was from a hospital visit from a complication with the recovery process after my second surgery. USA basketball did everything they could to help and I am grateful for their kindness."

- Sedona Prince twitter account, 17 Jan 2020

OP Note Prince sat out her lone season with the Longhorns after suffering a broken right leg in August 2018 while playing for the USA U18 national team at the FIBA Americas Championship in Mexico City. She has transferred to Oregon.
longtimebear
Why would she transfer to Oregon for gosh sakes? She's a Liberty Hill girl just outside of Austin where supposedly, based om my Liberty Hill relatives, always wanted to be a Texas Longhorn. Very sad situation for her and her family. I don't know or understand much about her case....but I don't understand this move on her part. She was gonna be a good one.
Mulder
No doubt there's more to the story.
Hope things work out for her.
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
BaylorBears_254
Should've did her research more and stayed at UT until those medical bills were fully paid. Any who, i have no experience on these things, but it seems as though she didn't think this all fully through and its coming back to haunt her
slimecap
GrizBear
NCAA should change their rules to allow any institution she plays for (Oregon in this case) to pay her medical bills. They could restrict this to sports-related injuries.
Malbec
I'm not clear on the explanation. Was the bill the result of complications from surgery from the injury suffered while playing for USA Basketball, or the result of complications from a different injury suffered at UT?
DanaDane
Something's not right about this story. I suspect I'm not hearing the whole version.
ScottS
She should do 2 things... Get a gofundme and then transfer to Baylor.
DanaDane
ScottS said:

She should do 2 things... Get a gofundme and then transfer to Baylor.
Drama queen, and always has been even in high school. Don't want her. Not anywhere near as good as advertised. I don't think she'd last 10 minutes with Kim.
jdrs
Seems like whatever team she played for should have had insurance for her. This seems like a strange story. Sure hope she is healed from her injury.
xiledinok
GrizBear said:

NCAA should change their rules to allow any institution she plays for (Oregon in this case) to pay her medical bills. They could restrict this to sports-related injuries.

Why? Taxpayers in another state need to pay for one's bad decisions?

Go pro if you feel entitled. Other than college football, the pros don't need colleges.
curtpenn
Our daughter attended Temple on a partial athletic scholarship for rowing. She developed some shoulder problems due to rowing. Spent time at the Carroll Clinic in Dallas and doing some rehab while at home in the summer. We were out of pocket our deductible and the cost of rehab. Couldn't get any reimbursement for that or some later sports related injuries while still on the crew a couple of years later. OTOH, it was probably less than $2,000 and we just sucked it up. Always left a bad taste for me, though. Wonder what exactly the rules/protocol are per NCAA?
GrizBear
xiledinok said:

GrizBear said:

Why? Taxpayers in another state need to pay for one's bad decisions?

Go pro if you feel entitled. Other than college football, the pros don't need colleges.
I don't suppose anyone paid for the results of your head injury.

Oregon brought her in on scholarship. They should be responsible for sports injuries. Leaving Karen Aston's program is not a bad decision.
Brownbw
Why would she leave texas when she had an injury. Would think she would stay while she is being cared for
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Big boy is going to put some hurt on big 12 foes
BaylorBearY2K
I agree with previous posters. Something seems off about this. Strange to go to social media. And "carry this burden for the rest of my life" is a bit extreme over $22K. At 19? That's not even an average car note these days.
historian
Does NCAA not allow her to start a Gofundme account? There are probably lots of people all over the country (especially Austin?) who would help out.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.