Chemistry 101 - Didi and Coop

841 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by setshot
OsoCoreyell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From the beginning of the season, you could see that there was something great happening between Cooper and Richards, but the WV game was really something special. Those two seem to have a great understanding between each other and really spur each other on. So many great things and players to talk about from this game, but that was so fun to watch.
setshot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good take, Oso. Cooper and Richards are not new to each other, as I understand it. They have been acquainted through summer basketball and remained in contact, however distant, over the years. Chloe Jackson was one of the major elements in Cooper deciding in Baylor's favor, but the Lady Bear program had made efforts to recruit her out of high school and, if I remember correctly, she had them on her list of preferences. I suspect that the games that Baylor had with South Carolina in the past year or two also got her attention, particularly last year when she played well in a defeat.

Cooper was always known to score, and she had a reputation as a defender, but we are seeing a more complete player than we knew her to be, in my view. Her defense at the point is exemplary, and while she is a scoring point guard, she does it within the offensive scheme. I suspect that Kim Mulkey is as pleased with this acquisition as she has been with any she has had, with the possible exception of Chloe whose performance in the Final Four will not be forgotten by any Lady Bear fan.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.