WATCH OUT FOR TCU

10,729 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Lion82
fubar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
geewago said:

DanaDane said:

fubar said:

DanaDane said:

Is this thread real? We will win by 20+ points.
Never doubt Scout Bear.

NEVER.

Whew { foob wipes brow, gulps another beer }
I missed the game tonight. How many points did Smith score and how many boards did she get? I sure hope she kept up her 16.2 ppg and 8.1 rebounds a game.
She didn't make a single shot.
We see here the difference between you and me. You say "she didn't make a single shot."

I say "she dang near led the team in FT percentage."

{ shrug ... would not want to be the TTU wbb team on Saturday. Really would never want to be them, but especially not on Saturday. }
fubar
Scout Bear said:

fubar said:

geewago said:

fubar said:

DanaDane said:

Is this thread real? We will win by 20+ points.
Never doubt Scout Bear.

NEVER.

Whew { foob wipes brow, gulps another beer }
ScoutBear had a vision about this.It came from "on high".
He's been getting some of that medicinal ... uhhhhh ... medicine?
Fubar you need to come visit my still. You will see strange shapes and colors. Talk about visions!
I see strange shapes every time I look in a mirror. Only color I see, however, is "pasty," so a visit to your still would seem in order.

Do the visions include free throws actually going IN the basket? PM me with directions and a time.
geewago
What really AMAZED me about this game was TCU's "Free Throw Defense". It was absolutely the best I've ever seen.
fubar
geewago said:

What really AMAZED me about this game was TCU's "Free Throw Defense". It was absolutely the best I've ever seen.
The cartoon brick was effective.

If Wile E. Coyote had that brick instead of the Acme crap he always ordered, the Roadrunner would've been dead meat.
DanaDane
My only question is Mulk watching them shoot FT's tonight in Fort Worth or did she let them have dinner on the bus so that when they got back to Waco they'd be ready to hit the gym immediately and start shooting them.
fubar
DanaDane said:

My only question is Mulk watching them shoot FT's tonight in Fort Worth or did she let them have dinner on the bus so that when they got back to Waco they'd be ready to hit the gym immediately and start shooting them.
Allow me to catch you up, because we covered a lot of ground here tonight:

Coach Pale Rider said free throw practice tomorrow, 6:00 a.m. sharp!

Coach BUbackerinET said "Boy, that was ugly ...." I think he was talking about the TCU crowd tonight, which has no relevance to the conversation but was an accurate assessment.

Coach fubar suggested uber rides might be better than riding the bus back with Kim tonight, so long as everybody was suited up and ready at 6:00 a.m. for free throw practice.

Coach geewago said "McDonald's! I want a double quarter pounder, I want a Big Mac, I want a McFlurry, I want three large fries ...."

Coach T-REX said "You'll get nothing and LIKE IT!"

Now you're caught up. Without having to disable your ad blocker to watch while Junior and Grandpa Jones did the commentary.

You're welcome. See you at Uncle Klem's hootenanny in spring.
Eball
fubar said:

DanaDane said:

Allow me to catch you up, because we covered a lot of ground here tonight:

Coach Pale Rider said free throw practice tomorrow, 6:00 a.m. sharp!

Coach BUbackerinET said "Boy, that was ugly ...." I think he was talking about the TCU crowd tonight, which has no relevance to the conversation but was an accurate assessment.

Coach fubar suggested uber rides might be better than riding the bus back with Kim tonight, so long as everybody was suited up and ready at 6:00 a.m. for free throw practice.

Coach geewago said "McDonald's! I want a double quarter pounder, I want a Big Mac, I want a McFlurry, I want three large fries ...."

Coach T-REX said "You'll get nothing and LIKE IT!"

Now you're caught up. Without having to disable your ad blocker to watch while Junior and Grandpa Jones did the commentary.

You're welcome. See you at Uncle Klem's hootenanny in spring.
We won against a Sr. dominated rival, on the road, who was 2nd in the league, without playing our A game and without our leading scorer as a result of a game time decision.

We won despite having to play kids significant minutes yet those kids dominated the last ten minutes of the game and pulled away for a 9 point win.

We have areas to coach up but we should be happy with the win and how they played under the adversities presented... some self inflicted.
ScottS
I took the family to this. 2 things....Smith and free throws.
KajunKarlsdad
DanaDane said:

I posted in the game thread, midnight suicides followed by free throw shooting. Can't leave until you hit 10 straight......they would still be there shooting the way they looked last night.
Shakesbear
Frogs are slippery, and free throws, well, they ain't free
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
Chibears2
Coach Kim was actually pretty upbeat in her post game radio interview. Don't think there will be suicides/pretty sure there will be free throw practice, though Mulkey says it's mostly mental and dwelling on misses can be counter productive. Maggie stated on air that she and Bruce can attest to fact the team DOES practice them! We might have just beaten the second best team in our conference on their home court without our leading scorer. Think we'll take that win and move on to next opponent.
Scout Bear
It was the tcu band deer they wave around when we shot free throws. That deer had some strange moves. It is like the tcu crowd...starting to look seedy.
uglytobone
Scout Bear said:

It was the tcu band deer they wave around when we shot free throws. That deer had some strange moves. It is like the tcu crowd...starting to look seedy.
This
Malbec
Scout Bear said:

Doe!
Jacques Strap
Chibears2 said:

Coach Kim was actually pretty upbeat in her post game radio interview. Don't think there will be suicides/pretty sure there will be free throw practice, though Mulkey says it's mostly mental and dwelling on misses can be counter productive. Maggie stated on air that she and Bruce can attest to fact the team DOES practice them! We might have just beaten the second best team in our conference on their home court without our leading scorer. Think we'll take that win and move on to next opponent.

+1
franklin
What was the call when DiDi inbounded the ball in the last couple of minutes?
GarlandBear84
Several decades ago I recall having to run "suicides" for my HS basketball coach. Considering rampant teen suicides these days I hope coaches no longer use this term.
DFW Bill
franklin said:

What was the call when DiDi inbounded the ball in the last couple of minutes?
The referee gave TCU a warning for delay of game. This seems strange, usually called for trying to delaying a timely throw in after a made basket. Due to the restricted space on the sideline in front of the TCU bench the official was motioning or trying to move the defender back, DiDi throw it in quickly during this process.

So the ref should have taken control of the ball first, then moved the TCU player. There was no penalty so Richards threw it in a second time.
Lion82
The ref said the first time is a warning and the 2nd time is a technical
WNIT in '23

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.