Danielle Crockrom

2,300 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by blueeyedbear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I'm getting old

Malbec
All the jokes aside, John Morris is one hard-working man.
osogreen
Danielle and Sheila Lambert were the stars of Kim's first two seasons. A combined record of 48-15 and Baylor's first-ever NCAA tourney appearances.
geewago
osogreen said:

Danielle and Sheila Lambert were the stars of Kim's first two seasons. A combined record of 48-15 and Baylor's first-ever NCAA tourney appearances.
And if that team would have just had one more decent player on it, like a Jordan or Trinity Oliver, or a Condrey or a Cohen they wouldn't have lost over 7 games. Kim had no depth then. Chanelle Fox was a super promising freshman but after her knee surgery was never the same.
blueeyedbear
geewago said:

osogreen said:

And if that team would have just had one more decent player on it, like a Jordan or Trinity Oliver, or a Condrey or a Cohen they wouldn't have lost over 7 games. Kim had no depth then. Chanelle Fox was a super promising freshman but after her knee surgery was never the same.
This ages me too but those ladies were the foundation of what Baylor under CKM has become - Fox prior to her injury was really special - moved so effortlessly and a really sweet shot. DiDi reminds me a bit of her - so long and smooth.
TechDawgMc
Crockrom is still one of my favorite Lady Bears ever. She was a rebounding machine even though she wasn't as tall as some of the people she was playing against. Sad thing is we almost lost her at the end of Hogg's time at Baylor. For some reason, they didn't seem to get along. I remember Crockrom as a freshman going into the game and playing very well -- and getting pulled in favor of upperclassmen who weren't half as talented. Drove me a bit crazy and I think probably cost us a shot at a NCAA berth in Hogg's next to last year. Glad Kim was able to convince her to stay.
blueeyedbear
TechDawgMc said:

Crockrom is still one of my favorite Lady Bears ever. She was a rebounding machine even though she wasn't as tall as some of the people she was playing against. Sad thing is we almost lost her at the end of Hogg's time at Baylor. For some reason, they didn't seem to get along. I remember Crockrom as a freshman going into the game and playing very well -- and getting pulled in favor of upperclassmen who weren't half as talented. Drove me a bit crazy and I think probably cost us a shot at a NCAA berth in Hogg's next to last year. Glad Kim was able to convince her to stay.
I am not going to get into the issues with Hogg but Daniel was not the only one who was considering leaving. She stayed because Kim "recruited" her into her vision of the program that she was bringing to Baylor. Best recruiting job Kim probably has done because that started the turnaround in year 1 instead of taking many more years. Then getting Lambert and two other Grayson transfers was big and of course Brock came with that 3.And the rest is as they say history.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.