I was at the Baylor/UT game tonight....love their fans

3,491 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tylerbear
Singletary63
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After the beat down we put on UT tonight I was walking by a few of their loyal fans on the way out.
They asked me how are we so good in all of our major sports?
I just looked at them and said, "His name is Jesus!" Then continued to walk on out the door!
Singletary63
BaylorGrad&Dad
Well done, Sir, very well done.....

P. S.: Did they have any idea who you are??
Brownbw
Can you update us on where you are now and what you are up to.
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Big boy is going to put some hurt on big 12 foes
beartrackster
Kudos for your profession of faith but do you really think Jesus is only on our team. That would have pissed me off if I had been them and frankly I think it is that kind of piety that gets us in trouble sometimes. humility is the better course don't you think?
Lion82
As a life long Baylor fan I've always been amused at the segment of the Baylor fan base that thinks our athletes are better people than our opponents and that god looks more favorably on Baylor.
WNIT in '23
BUbearinARK
Lion82 said:

As a life long Baylor fan I've always been amused at the segment of the Baylor fan base that thinks our athletes are better people than our opponents and that god looks more favorably on Baylor.
It's one thing to downplay Jesus. A whole 'nother thing to take a swipe at Mike Singletary. I'd be careful of lightning.
historian
I prefer to interpret the statement as a profession of faith, not implying Jesus is on our team or on our side. How many of our players & coaches make public professions of faith while being interviewed? After the win in Lawrence, that was the first thing Jared Butler said. After WBB won the Natty, CKM said something similar in one of her first postgame interviews. When Chloe Jackson heard she was MVP of that game she also indicated as much. That's humility and giving God His due. I love it!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
T-REX
The only thing Jesus loves about Bevo is how he tastes. #SicEm
drahthaar
I didn't take that response as "profession of faith" (an old Baptist term)...I thought it was pure shade to a group who seem to have forgotten that athletic success follows great coaching and hard work by capable people rather than some shallow-minded notion of "God's favoritism", an old Texas Baptist shallow theological fallback position. Nobody is buying the micromanagement idea so in this context, this comment is great fun! Kudos. Did you get a selfie of their facial expressions?
91Bear
I remember back in 2014, I was at Matt's El Rancho after we put a beatdown on Charlie Strong and the Horns. Two tipsy UT frat boys saw my Baylor shirt and asked, "How long do you think it will take UT to get to where y'all are?"

I was diplomatic and said, "UT always gets good recruits. It shouldn't take very long."

They walked away having totally made my day. I NEVER thought I would hear that from a Longhorn. After suffering through Steele and Roberts? NEVER.
Joined in 1999 as 91Bear. Proud Baylor alumnus. Computer Science, BUGWB, Drumline
SirBearALot
Perhaps Jesus does give us a special blessing or special cover from some harm, simply because we recognize Him in the classroom, and even in the Charter of the School,, "honor Him before man and He will honor you before the Father " Mat.10:32
Mitch Henessey
Jesus plays a mean point guard
historian
Well said. What I meant was along these lines.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
SirBearALot
The other side of that coin is, because we honor Him does not guarantee a national championship. But in the long run what is most important?
Tylerbear
Singletary63 said:

After the beat down we put on UT tonight I was walking by a few of their loyal fans on the way out.
They asked me how are we so good in all of our major sports?
I just looked at them and said, "His name is Jesus!" Then continued to walk on out the door!

I would have said

" we have an outstanding AD, Head Coaches, facilities, and players"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.