Jhasmin Player returns to Ferrell as Kansas asst coach

1,759 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by IslandBear
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

slimecap

Kansas Head Coach Brandon Schneider stated
"Jhasmin's collegiate and professional playing careers speak for themselves. In coaching, she has quickly established herself as one of the top international recruiters in our business. Her passion, humility, love for the game, and desire to mentor young women were apparent the first time I met her."

- Scott Chasen, PHOG, 7 May 2019
ABC BEAR
Always glad to hear about our successful Lady Bears. I see Rachel Allison in the background, does anyone know of her whereabouts since leaving Baylor?
LadyBexar
Rachel Allison played professional basketball in Australia. She married an Australian and they now have a little girl who is 2, I believe. I don't think she is playing basketball any more.
ABC BEAR
LadyBearJB said:

Rachel Allison played professional basketball in Australia. She married an Australian and they now have a little girl who is 2, I believe. I don't think she is playing basketball any more.
Thank You. Good to know. We have so many notable alums who wore the Green & Gold it's hard to keep up with them.
slimecap

Feb 5, 2020

"It was a special night Wednesday as Kim Mulkey coached against a former player for the first time in Waco.

Jhasmin Player (2005-09) is now an assistant with Kansas WBB and she was joined by her mother, Frankie Cole (Center)."

- Baylor WBB twitter feed
IslandBear
slimecap said:

Feb 5, 2020

"It was a special night Wednesday as Kim Mulkey coached against a former player for the first time in Waco.

Jhasmin Player (2005-09) is now an assistant with Kansas WBB and she was joined by her mother, Frankie Cole (Center)."

- Baylor WBB twitter feed
Actually second time Kim coached against a former player(s). On 11/7/2009 Kim coached against Incarnate Word, whose staff members included Angela Lawson and Jessica Morrow, in an exhibition match. Griner dunked in that game.
Quote:

BEAR FACTS: Incarnate Word head coach Angela Lawson and graduate assistant Jessica Morrow were honored in a pregame ceremony. Lawson played for Leon Barmore and Mulkey at Louisiana Tech and was a Baylor assistant for six seasons until 2000, and Morrow was the Big 12 tournament MVP and a career 1,000-plus scorer for the Lady Bears who graduated in May.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.